Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

NBA General Discussion Thread 2017

What a gruesome way for the Celtics to start the season. Poor Hayward.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Sickening
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Sickening
    Worst injury I've seen live since the Louisville game in the tournament.

Man, how quickly a season can potentially change.

The kyrie curse....too soon?

Is 6 minutes into a season the shortest a sports championship contention has ever lasted?

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    The kyrie curse...too soon?
    What????
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    What????
    Injury prone kyrie leaves the best team in the east to go to the #2 team. 6 minutes in to the season a key player on his new team has his leg explode which basically cements his old team as conference champs.

It will accelerate Tatum and Brown's development. Plus, if it is just a break and not ligament damage, he could be back in 4 months or so (I could be wildly wrong about this), just in time for him to play the final 6 weeks or so of the regular season and still make a playoff run.

I'm being as optimistic as possible. Really feel for the Celtics on this one. Dude played all of 6 minutes for you... horrible.

-Jason "I am betting Kyrie's scoring average just went up a couple PPG and Tatum's MPG just grew by at least 10" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It will accelerate Tatum and Brown's development. Plus, if it is just a break and not ligament damage, he could be back in 4 months or so (I could be wildly wrong about this), just in time for him to play the final 6 weeks or so of the regular season and still make a playoff run.

I'm being as optimistic as possible. Really feel for the Celtics on this one. Dude played all of 6 minutes for you... horrible.

-Jason "I am betting Kyrie's scoring average just went up a couple PPG and Tatum's MPG just grew by at least 10" Evans
    Did you see it? Gruesome. Gruesome. Gruesome. I hope his career isn’t over. I can’t imagine what it will take just to put his ankle back together but I’ll be surprised if it doesn’t involve lots of plates and screws.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Bummer on so many levels. Would have been interesting to see that team develop over the season.

I don't care at all for the Celtics and fake hate their fans and Boston fans in general, but I feel for them on this one too. I would imagine they were pretty hyped about this season, and then six minutes in that's taken away from them. Now you have to wait a year (probably) to see Hayward play and you probably have no realistic shot at contending. A whole year of watching games with an eye towards contending...gone. Just like that.

I feel bad for the NBA too. Who can realistically challenge the Cavs in the East?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Did you see it? Gruesome. Gruesome. Gruesome. I hope his career isn’t over. I can’t imagine what it will take just to put his ankle back together but I’ll be surprised if it doesn’t involve lots of plates and screws.
    It was nasty looking but probably less gruesome than Paul George’s injury, hopefully Hayward can also make a complete come back however long the recovery takes!

I just rewatched the Kevin Ware injury since he's now trending on Twitter because of course he is. Jesus. Time made me forget how nasty that was.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Injury prone kyrie leaves the best team in the east to go to the #2 team. 6 minutes in to the season a key player on his new team has his leg explode which basically cements his old team as conference champs.
    It's the Denver Omelet curse. That's what I had for breakfast this morning, and that's what caused Hayward's injury. Me eating a Denver omelet. The Denver Omelet curse.

I really hate that Gordon got hurt. I haven't seen the injury, hope I never do. I can still see the Ware and George injuries. Some things you can't un-see.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I really hate that Gordon got hurt. I haven't seen the injury, hope I never do. I can still see the Ware and George injuries. Some things you can't un-see.
    Horrible. Absolutely horrible. As a diehard Celts fan, I’m gutted.

Get well soon Hayward!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Brown and Tatum both looked solid. Brown was impressive and may be a better defender than Hayward. He has a good looking 3-point shot. The key is consistency but Brown is going to be called on now.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Brown and Tatum both looked solid. Brown was impressive and may be a better defender than Hayward. He has a good looking 3-point shot. The key is consistency but Brown is going to be called on now.
    Brown looked spectacular! He’s certainly a better defender than Hayward. However, he’s very much a 3nD player right now. Hope he develops more of a driving game.

Tatum looked good but clearly a rookie. He got lost on D a bunch of times and both Lebron and Crowder went after him hard. Tatum is weirdly long. Don’t remember him being that lanky in college

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I hope Dr. Mark Myerson is still practicing and available. He was The best at feet and ankles.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Brown looked spectacular! He’s certainly a better defender than Hayward. However, he’s very much a 3nD player right now. Hope he develops more of a driving game.

Tatum looked good but clearly a rookie. He got lost on D a bunch of times and both Lebron and Crowder went after him hard. Tatum is weirdly long. Don’t remember him being that lanky in college
    I only caught some of the game but wasn't Brown the primary defender of Lebron?

Dislocated ankle and fractured tibia, says Brad Stevens. Yuck. No fun...

But also reports of no ligament damage. Hard to know if they know (and release) everything this quickly...