Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    That was really ugly. Think maybe Jones is no longer the answer at QB. Replays keep showing he doesn’t see the field or open receivers.
    We would have a different convo about Jones if his receivers could catch

Wow

Well done, indeed. Wouldn't want to take advantage of an opportunity.

Play calling got horrible again...

This team is frustrating to watch! Not sure what’s happened the last 4 games but it’s so disappointing n upsetting.

Think it's basketball season!

Running out the clock with Hall. So depressing, I had high hopes for this team..

Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    We would have a different convo about Jones if his receivers could catch
    That was my impression early in the year, but starting to feel it as much on Jones as the receivers. Pitt has a poor D, and we’re making them look like Bama.

There is a lot of work to be done. Daniel Jones has got to get better. I know the receivers haven’t really stepped up this season, but he is making terrible reads. The defensive lapses today have been inexcusable. Big play killers. Kicking field goals is still a problem. Ugh!!!!!!

Hope I'm wrong but that Pitt 1st down is pretty much the nail in the coffin for this game and Unfortunately I think for our season as well

[QUOTE=6th Man;1008081]There is a lot of work to be done. Daniel Jones has got to get better. I know the receivers haven’t really stepped up this season, but he is making terrible reads. The defensive lapses today have been inexcusable. Big play killers. Kicking field goals is still a problem. Ugh!!!!!![/QUOTE

DJ makes no reads. He locks in on his primary receiver and throws that way 90% of the time.

Got time to tie. Tie a team we shoulda blasted. We may win one more game, honestly. Instead of improving, we've gotten worse.
    To be fair, that bad call on the interception lead to this..

Ever since the unc won it’s been all down hill. It’s like once we beat unc the team just stopped playing.

Bracey has GOT to catch that ball.

- Chillin

Quote Originally Posted by ehdg View Post
    Ever since the unc won it’s been all down hill. It’s like once we beat unc the team just stopped playing.
    Loss today means we are 0-13 in remaining games that season since 2012 after beating UNC.

Last win in a season after beating UNC? 1961.

Quote Originally Posted by jjredickrules View Post
    Loss today means we are 0-13 in remaining games that season since 2012 after beating UNC.

Last win in a season after beating UNC? 1961.
    Another horrible missed call. Guess officials don’t give a s——.

Amazing. It's as if the games are supposed to go a certain way and we still don't have enough clout to get the "tie goes to the runner" calls.

- Chillin

What in the heck, man

Bowl eligibility is now seriously in doubt

I just can't believe how bad the hands of our receivers are

Part of it is Jones throwing into traffic all the time, but I mean, c'mon!!! Catch it every once in a while

Terrible ref decisions on our interception-that-should-have-been, and the holding on Helm on our last play.

But our offense more than earned this loss. DJ is horrendous. Receivers alternate between not fighting for the ball and butterfingering it away. Even the commentators know immediately that the bizarre and random QB substitutions simply mean the other D can key on the run. Playcalling in general remains atrocious. Stupid penalties, often repeated.

This is not a remotely good football team. And it's clear that Coach Cut, as much as I love him, was simply being honest in his comments earlier this week about not really knowing why this team is not clicking.

Quote Originally Posted by ChillinDuke View Post
    Amazing. It's as if the games are supposed to go a certain way and we still don't have enough clout to get the "tie goes to the runner" calls.

- Chillin
    Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    Bowl eligibility is now seriously in doubt.
    Ironically, given our APR, we are very likely to get in if we beat Army and lose the rest. Not that I'm guaranteeing a win over Army. It just depends on whether a lot of other mediocre teams get to 6-6 or not.