View Poll Results: What happens tomorrow with the NCAA v UNC

Voters
108. You may not vote on this poll
  • UNC skates through some academic loophole and has minimal punishment. DBR is irate

23 21.30%
  • UNC suffers only in non basketball ways, perhaps firm words for Roy. DBR loses its mind.

45 41.67%
  • The NCAA announces a few banners come down and a post season ban. DBR still miffed

33 30.56%
  • The NCAA burns UNC athletics to the ground, some DBR member placated, the rest still not pleased

7 6.48%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Tomorrow, EVERYONE on DBR will have their own version of, "the NCAA is the most incompetent organization in the world".

UNC skates. No doubt in my mind.

Agree... NEVER thought otherwise... never read nor heard anything that lead me to think unc wouldn't slime through basically untouched!
    However, unc has shown the athletic world how to cheat and skate... whatever you offer athletes, just make sure its open to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Is that the part of the Williams residence that Will Graves was occupying?
    Yes. Several bottles were found with contents consumed.

Graves said he didn't drink a drop and put the bottles back untampered with.

Graves also claimed that the bottles were already empty when he put them back.

Graves also alleges that he never had the bottles to begin with.

So naturally, Roy believed him.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Yeah, well. Who would have thought we would both be trying in vain to find some other team to root for in Russia?
    Ireland and Iceland.

Agree 100%. It’s going to be a sad day for everyone except the Cheaters tomorrow. They will skate with no penalties at all. (Maybe a hand slap on Women’s basketball or women’s soccer.)

Definitely no penalties for the men’s hoops team. Of that, I am certain. The NCAA would never, nor will they ever, punish the UNC hoops team, no matter how egregious the violation. UNC’s lawyers are too good, and the NCAA doesn’t have the cajones to Hammer them.

To me, anything less than at least 1 men’s basketball banner coming down is a travesty of justice.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Tomorrow, EVERYONE on DBR will have their own version of, "the NCAA is the most incompetent organization in the world".

UNC skates. No doubt in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchab1es View Post
    Women's Basketball bears the brunt of the punishment, allowing them to say "UNC was punished" without tarnishing their prized Men's programs. Option 2ish.
    This is the punishment and to make it worse; Roy steps to the mike and expresses disappointment that Sylvia’s program reflects badly on the school of the people. Actually think they’ll also nail a soccer program, don’t know which one.

I'll go with the most possible under the new penalty matrix...50% reduction in scholarships, 4 years with no postseason, and a huge fine based on MBB and football revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    In my mind it will be a travesty unless we have a scene somewhat resembling this one over at Chapel Hill, with Roy Williams being one of the principals.

Yeah but Ol' Roy will be the guy in the lower right.

So close, Roy. So close.

Dude is either thinking, "Damn, that could have been me" or "If I cut the corner to avoid that fairway bunker..."

Penalties?

1. I bet that the penalties, if any, won't even be released tomorrow but delayed at least until after Late Night with Roy.
    2. Penalties limited to woman's basketball and men's soccar.
    3. NCAA forces UNC-CH to repay $1,000 to each UNC graduate in the last 21 years as compensation for the loss of value in the quality of their degree.
    4. NCAA forces UNC-CH to pay Duke $50 million for having to play against semi-pro teams for their former fiercest rival for last 21years.
    5. Duke cancels all future games in all sports against UNC-CH(at least until the $50 million is paid) and makes Virginia its new rival.
    6. UNC continues its former ways and attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by smvalkyries View Post
    1. I bet that the penalties, if any, won't even be released tomorrow but delayed at least until after Late Night with Roy.
    2. Penalties limited to woman's basketball and men's soccar.
    3. NCAA forces UNC-CH to repay $1,000 to each UNC graduate in the last 21 years as compensation for the loss of value in the quality of their degree.
    4. NCAA forces UNC-CH to pay Duke $50 million for having to play against semi-pro teams for their former fiercest rival for last 21years.
    5. Duke cancels all future games in all sports against UNC-CH(at least until the $50 million is paid) and makes Virginia its new rival.
    6. UNC continues its former ways and attitude.
    The bolded statement might be the only one that everyone on this board will agree will happen.

Already having punished them numerous times, the NCAA finally bites the bullet and gives Cleveland State the Death Penalty (as if being located in Cleveland isn't enough). In an act of defiance, they change their name to Fenn College and contract with Adidas for new uniforms. Goooo Foxes!
    The University of North Carolina
    Where CHEATING is a Way of Life

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    NCAA is going to take one timeout per game away from Roy.
    Ha ha ha. That is the equivalent a of scorched earth, nuclear option in Roy's eyes. You may be on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    The NCAA would never, nor will they ever, punish the UNC hoops team, no matter how egregious the violation. UNC’s lawyers are too good, and the NCAA doesn’t have the cajones to Hammer them.

This is true. The lawyer standing next to Ol' Roy when he went for his deposition is Jim Cooney, one of the finest lawyers in the state and a proud Duke alum. Even the cheats know that when it counts they have to go find a Duke guy to help them.

Whatever happens this case is the unraveling of the NCAA. If they don't come down hard, all other schools who care to skirt the rules, know how and will point to UNC if caught. If they come down hard this goes to the actual courts where the NCAA itself will go on trial.