Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I read somewhere that they will get it Friday morning.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

If you rob a bank...

You have to give back the money you stole.
    You also don't get to keep the cash and just serve some jail time.

For justice to be truly served, the NCAA punishment tomorrow should incorporate both.

If u*nc gets to keep some combination of banners/wins/records for MBB then they truly did get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I think the rule Swood cited a few days ago said that the institution gets an advanced copy, but the rule did not specify how far in advance. No mention of 24 hours.

I would guess that it is fairly shortly prior, so that it does not leak out. But that's just a guess.

I think the 24-hours is just an accommodation that the NCAA makes, giving the institution a head's up that the announcement is coming the next day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    What OPK said: I think the rules say the NCAA will communicate the result to the University, "then" make it public. No timing guidance.
    Here is what swood previously posted. I believe what everyone is referencing as coming out tomorrow is the "public infractions decision." I'm guessing that Carolina gets the "final written infractions decision" today, although I recognize that this guess means Andrew Carter's tweet may have been a little imprecise.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Since the punishment is drawing nigh, let's revisit what we think is adequate. Me personally, I really don't care all that much about vacating wins, etc. The main thing to me is post-season bans and scholarship reductions for long periods. Those two things will hurt them and their fan base worse than anything else the NCAA could do, and take longer to get over. No recruit is going to say, "Well, that 2005 banner came down, so I guess I'll go to Duke instead of UNC". However, post-season bans etc. will force UNC to field a team for a few years that couldn't beat my Junior High team. What fun!!

Jay Bilas Retweeted InsideCarolina

After all these years, released same day as Late Night with Roy where an NCAA title banner is raised. You just can’t make this $&@% up...

Oh, I don't know Jay, perhaps the egregious exploitation of primarily African American athletes being shunted through fictitious academic charade involving African American Studies is more of the "you can't make this $&@% UP.

Quote Originally Posted by PDDuke85 View Post

After all these years, released same day as Late Night with Roy where an NCAA title banner is raised. You just can’t make this $&@% up...

Oh, I don't know Jay, perhaps the egregious exploitation of primarily African American athletes being shunted through fictitious academic charade involving African American Studies is more of the "you can't make this $&@% UP.
    Or the fact that UNC asked that it not be released last Friday.

They could have done it last week with the capital campaign, Jay.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Well, the cheaters DID have the chance to avoid that setup. But they had that pesky scheduling conflict.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

To borrow a line from other circumstances, "So when IS the right time to discuss this?"

All this stuff feels like a guilty cheating husband: "I have a bunion. Can we talk about Jennifer next week?"

UNC’s takeaway from tomorrow’s decision:

Doom'd for a certain term to walk the night
    And, for the day, confin'd to fast in fires,
    Till the foul crimes, done in my days of nature,
    Are burnt and purg'd away.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    To borrow a line from other circumstances, "So when IS the right time to discuss this?"

All this stuff feels like a guilty cheating husband: "I have a bunion. Can we talk about Jennifer next week?"
    After football and basketball seasons, but not during recruiting time, or when the teams are scrimmaging, or when Roy is golfing, or when they're trying to raise money, or when someone's on holidays, ...
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

I guess I'm of the opinion that "no way in hades uNC doesn't know what to expect" which will be "a slap on the wrist" and billy goat nation celebrating the announcement as vindication.

No matter what happens, my opinion will forever be the same - egregious, unprecedented cheating occurred and the 2005 and 2009 championships (and probably 1993) are not legit and they never will be.

Drop the hammer!

Cameron Crazies chant to the NCAA:

SHOW NO MER-CY!! CLAP-CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!!!
    SHOW NO MER-CY!! CLAP-CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP!!!

Well, this makes sense. They can pull down their old banners and put up the new without having to make a new space. Just swap em out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Well, this makes sense. They can pull down their old banners and put up the new without having to make a new space. Just swap em out.
    One banner forward, two banners back.

One can dream...

does the NCAA strip the 2017 title with the admonishment that like every other school in trouble, they should have banned themselves from the post-season once they realized the seriousness of their crimes.

...it's not going to happen, but LOL and just thinking about it.

Wow. I think this one wins for most concise proof that Jay Bilas really does not care at all about the facts of this situation and is entirely on board with the UNC PR machine. Really disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    Wow. I think this one wins for most concise proof that Jay Bilas really does not care at all about the facts of this situation and is entirely on board with the UNC PR machine. Really disappointing.
    Nothing new.

Actually, you can make this %#@^* up... "The institution acknowledges that although the courses at issue did not meet its expectations for academic rigor, the institution did not deem the courses to be fraudulent"

They did make this %$*&# up and intentionally directed their athletes to this made up #$^@%!

Look for a slap on the wrist!

Relax, the hammer is coming. Tomorrow is my birthday, this has to have cosmic significance.