Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    I wish that banning UNC from TV were a possibility.
    I don't know about this one....I am looking forward to watching them struggle. The next best thing after watching Duke win, is watching the cheats lose. Within a couple of years we all may see Clemson go into the dean dome and collect a win for the first time. How glorious it will be!

UNC is going to skate.

Quote Originally Posted by jafarr1 View Post
    UNC is going to skate.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3b0PHFbbW0

PackMan97 and Swood1000

Tip o' the hat to these two guys.

If you've been following this thread, you'll know that these two guys have put extraordinary effort into this, keeping us informed on the latest info, and explaining how life ought to work. The effort should be recognized.

I'm a little worried about them though. What will they do now? I guess there's the appeal. But has some loved one secured the knives and razor blades just in case UNC-CH skates?

Jokes aside, your contributions have been informative, inflammatory, and sustaining. It's been the informative part...

Hope you aren't disappointed.

Damn, how much we all hope your aren't disappointed.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post

If you've been following this thread, you'll know that these two guys have put extraordinary effort into this, keeping us informed on the latest info, and explaining how life ought to work. The effort should be recognized.

I'm a little worried about them though. What will they do now? I guess there's the appeal. But has some loved one secured the knives and razor blades just in case UNC-CH skates?

Jokes aside, your contributions have informative, inflammatory, and sustaining.

At the risk of being unoriginal, I'll second that !!!!

buckle up buckaroos

not sure what i want more tomorrow....UNC to get hammered, or Sunil Gulati and Bruce Arena to resign.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    not sure what i want more tomorrow...UNC to get hammered, or Sunil Gulati and Bruce Arena to resign.
    No brainer for me. Coming from Mount Hatemore, quick and easy response: bury the h**ls.

After the L to T&T, the USMNT will take care of itself shortly we all hope. I have no hatred for them.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

UNC is going to skate.
    correct-a-mundo king friday!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    correct-a-mundo
    -Samuel L Jackson...on the assertion that fonzie is cool.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke95 View Post
    UNC is going to claim they're exempt from double jeopardy, because they've imposed self-punishment by hiring Larry Fedora.
    That's pretty damn funny right there.

UNC is going to skate.
    Not fully (women are going to be in trouble) but the Men's team will likely see few penalties. NCAA will be able to show they are tough and still allow one of their premier teams to continue on.

Jokes aside, your contributions have been informative, inflammatory, and sustaining. It's been the informative part...

Thanks for the kind words. I guess if they skate then this is over, but I don't expect that, so we will have appeals as far as the eye can see. But even before that we will have UNC being asked by the COI to identify and list ineligible players for purposes of vacating wins. Plenty of drama ahead.

Will uNC cancel classes tomorrow?

I'm going to the NC Zoo with my wife and two kids. I doubt i'll be online before late night firday to discuss the size (or lack thereof) that falls upon UNC. Priorities.

I don't think they're gonna skate. I don't know if it'll be what they deserve (vacating every win, including every natty and every final four appearance from 2003 through 2009), but I think it'll be ugly. The NCAA's tone in their rebuttal to UNC advertised that they were not amused with UNC's attitude. UNC took the problem from "it's a big problem showing lack of institutional control which, at least, the University tried to correct when they realized what was going on" to "the institution absolutely made the decision to set up this sham, then to avoid correcting it or even acknowledging it when it all came to light." While the duration and scope of the academic/athletic cheating is unprecedented, so is UNC's defiant attitude.

I assume UNC will appeal and/or sue, so this won't be over on Friday. But I do suspect the punishment they receive will have the distinct flavor of the NCAA attempting to show that it means business, and that it doesn't appreciate the way UNC has handled any of this.

FWIW, I also think the DOJ/Adidas scandal is not good for UNC. The NCAA has every reason to show that it has some relevance as a governing body. Their first opportunity they have to do so is the punishment they decide to lay down on a high publicity case that is generally seen as the most blatant, widespread, and ongoing cheating scandal in the history of college sports. If I were a Carolina fan, I'd be nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by hudlow View Post
    Will uNC cancel classes tomorrow?

They have classes at UNC? When did that start happening?

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    davekay1971 wins the internet today.

Hey... has anyone seen Packman, Swood and Manalishi in the same room together?

I keed. I keed.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    They've always had the classes. It's just that only the athletes were notified of/automatically signed up for the ones having optional attendance and requiring optional work.

So, UNC received today their version of the decision. If they're right now doing a victory dance over there how likely is it that none of that leaked out?

Edit: or do they receive their copy tomorrow? I guess that's it. They were notified this morning that they will receive it tomorrow.
    Last edited by swood1000; 10-12-2017 at 04:20 PM.