Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Or the Clampetts maybe -- do you refer to your pool as a cement pond?
    I have a pool and a pond. Pool, pond. Pond would be good for you . . . .

I will be at the game on Saturday. I have read the rules, but I can't tell whether I will be allowed to bring binoculars. Any opinions?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I will be at the game on Saturday. I have read the rules, but I can't tell whether I will be allowed to bring binoculars. Any opinions?
    Binoculars - yes
    Binocular case or bag - no

Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Binoculars - yes
    Thanks, Ditdb, Looks like binoculars need to be held on a shoulder strap or held in hand. I look forward to being at the game, I hope to see everyone -- but the revolving doors are shut.
    Will be around campus for meetings and tour Thurs. eve, Friday all Day and Saturday all day,.

I woould like to get a group for dinner after the ball game. I'll see if I can come up with an affordable plan.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Only if it is a ceeeement pond.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil in the Blue Dress View Post
    Binoculars - yes
    I went in with my camera and camera bag. It's basically a 5 x 7" cube. IF they let that in, I don't see how they'd complain with the binocular bag, assuming you don't have really big lenses.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Such a classic reference. Well played.

Saturday's Uniform

DL8ZIHVW4AAw8tS (1).jpg
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Injury report?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Injury report?
    The entire offense is listed as "probable" with bruised egos.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The entire offense is listed as "probable" with bruised egos.
    Optimistic then. At least they're not listed "out for season."

Getting ready for tomorrow. Hope we had a good week of practice and the offense plays with some urgency (almost desperation). On the defensive side, just hope they can keep playing at a high level. They will be going up against top shelf athletes all over the FSU lineup. Cam Akers can be a problem. He's a young star. Like every week, we need to try and contain their running game and make their Freshman QB try and beat us. One thing I think the defense needs to be mindful of is the quarterback scrambling when the play breaks down. QB runs have killed us the past two weeks. It's hard to stop everything when you play against such athletes, but hopefully someone is spying him. Can't wait for tomorrow. Let's go Duke.

I am going to Uber in from the airport tomorrow. And back. Any logistics advice? Best drop-off point at Duke (I can walk), best pick up point?

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    I am going to Uber in from the airport tomorrow. And back. Any logistics advice? Best drop-off point at Duke (I can walk), best pick up point?
    I'd think the WaDuke hotel would be a good spot as it's convenient, close, maybe a 10 minute walk to WW, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fidel View Post
    I always tell Uber to drop me off at the Chapel and pick me up there. It's only a 5-10 minute walk (and there is a chance that the driver can actually find the Chapel).
    Sage Grouse

Game Day! As soon as I finish my coffee, I'm cranking up the car and heading to Durham.
    Bob Green

Nice to be back on campus. LGD!!!

Come on Duke! Let's look back on this weekend as "the week Duke beat FSU and got back on track" instead of, well, you know.

Lots of Garnet and Gold in WW this afternoon.

Advanced live stats and play analysis for the game here...

https://www.scacchoops.com/florida-s...stats-10142017