Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

FB: FSU 17, Duke 10

Discuss the game here. Duke opens as an 8 point underdog:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-...dds/las-vegas/
    Last edited by Bob Green; 10-14-2017 at 07:15 PM.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post

Two weeks ago I felt we had a chance in this one. Given the anemic offense, not so sure anymore. But in Cut I trust. Let's get better and win!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post

I'm surprised at the f$u and -8. I'd have guessed at least 10, maybe 14 points.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Need to start winning so we play later....now for the game let's score some points!!!!

Hope our WRs and QB get on same page and we include the TEs.

GO DUKE!!!!

I'll be there, with DadPK (FSU grad), SonPK and DaughterPK (rooting for Duke or walking home), MomPK (rooting for familial peace), BILPK and NephewPK (Duke fans and lurkers, may have posting names don't know), and hopefully NeicePK and SisPK (Duke true blue).

Gotta defend home turf. That simple.

LGD!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I'll be there, with DadPK (FSU grad), SonPK and DaughterPK (rooting for Duke or walking home), MomPK (rooting for familial peace), BILPK and NephewPK (Duke fans and lurkers, may have posting names don't know), and hopefully NeicePK and SisPK (Duke true blue).

LGD!!

Are you guys the Osmonds?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Take a look at their play so far. They've had a TERRIBLE season to date, despite all of that talent... Their record is 1-3, and their only win was a less-than-impressive one touchdown survival versus Wake. That said, FSU surely will be a solid favorite in Durham. A big factor will be how FSU reacts to this weekend's embarrassing loss to one of their in-state rivals at home -- will they get DESPONDENT and down, mailing in the performance, or will they play ANGRY and inspired/determined ball??? Remember, they started this season with visions of playing in the Final-Four...
    Last edited by -bdbd; 10-08-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    More like the Waltons.

sounds like they want to give money away. By the way, Wake is a solid team. Our defense may prosper vs FSU, but without changes, our offense will be lucky to score.

In with my pal Lusty. Had some late cancellations, most notably our German friend, Snake, who now somehow associates ACC football with Nazis and the Civil War. Unwinding that was nearly as difficult as trying to explain Prohibition to him. Fortunately was some comic ROI in watching him futilely trying to explain it later to his incredulous 13 old daughter.

Snake's sneaky, so I suspect the real reason is he doesn't have a lot of faith in Duke's passing game against FSU's rangy athletic defense.

Quote Originally Posted by FadedTackyShirt View Post
    In with my pal Lusty. Had some late cancellations, most notably our German friend, Snake, who now somehow associates ACC football with Nazis and the Civil War. Unwinding that was nearly as difficult as trying to explain Prohibition to him. Fortunately was some comic ROI in watching him futilely trying to explain it later to his incredulous 13 old daughter.

Snake's sneaky, so I suspect the real reason is he doesn't have a lot of faith in Duke's passing game against FSU's rangy athletic defense.
    What??????????? That is a confusing post. Anybody into translation?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    That's more a statement about where FSU is than anything else. They have not looked good since the loss of their starting QB in the opener.

Any word on whether MBB will have an open practice before the game? I've heard rumors to that effect.

Any word on whether MBB will have an open practice before the game? I've heard rumors to that effect.
    They should have open practice after the game, and the price of admission should be a ticket stub and a sunburn. Attendance would soar!

I'd be thrilled to see Scott Bracey with more targets, and our entire slew of RB's much more involved in the first half. I think I could live with whatever outcome if I at least saw those two things. Real groundbreaking stuff here, I know, but it just seems like at this point it can't hurt.

Would love to see the 0-17 streak come to an end this weekend. Despite our offensive struggles, this is the best chance we have had to knock of FSU in over a decade, and given how rarely we play them now it could be another decade before we get a better shot. I hope Daniel and TJ get on the same page this week.
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by FadedTackyShirt View Post

Get Plissken back on the field.

Your rules are really beginning to annoy me.

More like the Waltons.

So, the crew doesn't sound too motley...I guess?

I will cheer from the beach. Oat soda in hand.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    So, the crew doesn't sound too motley...I guess?

I will cheer from the beach. Oat soda in hand.
    Other than yours truly, a very unmotley crew.

I make up for the rest though.

Hope the soda has some scotch in it. Enjoy the beach!

LGD!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    More like the Waltons.
    Or the Clampetts maybe -- do you refer to your pool as a cement pond?