Page 60 of 68 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1354
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Here's a good recent article supporting the observations you have shared...I really hope Jah can stick with the Nets. As a NYer and longtime Knick fan, I am much more bullish on the future of Brooklyn based on their unified and focused front office (go Trajan!) and coaching/player development staff. Kenny Atkinson was a Knicks assistant under Mike D'Antoni and did a great job. This team is headed in the right direction.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/30/turns-...elieve-in-him/
    Way upthread when people were panicking about Jah, I said to be patient and trust in Kenny Atkinson. Glad to see that Jah did just that and is reaping some dividends apparently. He should re-sign with the Nets in the offseason and continue this relationship.

Rod Hood is LaLa Land bound.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Rod Hood is LaLa Land bound.
    He is going to Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    He is going to Cleveland.
    Ugh, you're right--so much action in the last hour, I completely got myself twisted in a pretzel.

Rod Hood to The Land.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Ugh, you're right--so much action in the last hour, I completely got myself twisted in a pretzel.

Rod Hood to The Land.
    Interesting get by Cleveland. Hood is a tough player to value. He's a really good scorer and better as a playmaker, but he is nowhere near a max player. And, with the insanity known as the NBA, he will likely get the max or close to it. Awesome for Cleveland, bad for a league that gets mocked incessantly for bad contracts.

I think Hood gives the Cavs instant offense off the bench. With Hood and Clarkson, you have high-volume gunners who can hold their own as part of the second unit. That should relieve some pressure off James.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Interesting get by Cleveland. Hood is a tough player to value. He's a really good scorer and better as a playmaker, but he is nowhere near a max player. And, with the insanity known as the NBA, he will likely get the max or close to it. Awesome for Cleveland, bad for a league that gets mocked incessantly for bad contracts.

I think Hood gives the Cavs instant offense off the bench. With Hood and Clarkson, you have high-volume gunners who can hold their own as part of the second unit. That should relieve some pressure off James.
    I haven't actually written out the Cavs roster as it stands now, but what's your projected starting five (especially with K Love injured) if both of them are on the bench?

I'm a little surprised the Jazz gave up on him. He's pretty young. I don't follow the Jazz much, so I don't know their whole story. But knowing Hood's injury history along with his coming payday, perhaps that's why?

I think the NBA contracts are like California home prices. Sure, the price seems high now. But just wait a few years (or for CA homes - months) - what you pay now will seem like peanuts compared to what's later... assuming you still have a player.

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    I'm a little surprised the Jazz gave up on him. He's pretty young. I don't follow the Jazz much, so I don't know their whole story. But knowing Hood's injury history along with his coming payday, perhaps that's why?

I think the NBA contracts are like California home prices. Sure, the price seems high now. But just wait a few years (or for CA homes - months) - what you pay now will seem like peanuts compared to what's later... assuming you still have a player.
    They didn’t give up on Hood. They just were going to lose him.

They didn’t give up on Hood. They just were going to lose him.
    Did he want to leave? Or did they just not want to pay him?

I could understand the injury thing. I know he's also been inconsistent, but again he's young. Getting Crowder for just a good contract doesn't seem like a good deal to me if you are trying to win a championship. But like I said, I don't follow the ins and outs with the Jazz.

Did he want to leave? Or did they just not want to pay him?

I could understand the injury thing. I know he's also been inconsistent, but again he's young. Getting Crowder for just a good contract doesn't seem like a good deal to me if you are trying to win a championship. But like I said, I don't follow the ins and outs with the Jazz.
    This. Jazz and Hood couldn't get to an extension last summer. He was bolting. Worst kept secret in the NBA.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdevil View Post
    I haven't actually written out the Cavs roster as it stands now, but what's your projected starting five (especially with K Love injured) if both of them are on the bench?
    Starting 5:
    -Hill
    -JR
    -Lebron
    -Love
    -Tristan

Bench:
    -Hood
    -Clarkson
    -Nance
    -Corpse of Richard Jefferson

Unless the cap expansion slows and previous big money contracts become dead weight. Which is what is going to happen this summer:
    NBA financial crunch coming.

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdevil
    My guess is that the eventual lineup will be:

PG: Hill, Clarkson, Calderon
    SG: Hood, JR Smith
    SF: LeBron, Korver, Cedi Osman
    PF: Love, Jeff Green
    C: Thompson, Nance

Maybe Cleveland would prefer to start Smith and bring Hood off the bench, but I wouldn't. In the meantime, while Love is out they won't want to start Nance and Thompson. So my guess is they they play small with a lineup of Hill-Smith-Hood-LeBron-Thompson. Alternative would be to start Jeff Green and bring either Hood or Smith off the bench.

Starting 5:
    -Hill
    -JR
    -Lebron
    -Love
    -Tristan

Bench:
    -Hood
    -Clarkson
    -Nance
    -Corpse of Richard Jefferson
    Jefferson is gone. They also have Korver (shooter), Jeff Green (quite a useful reserve forward) and Cedi Osman (3 and D energy guy).

Jefferson is gone. They also have Korver (shooter), Jeff Green (quite a useful reserve forward) and Cedi Osman (3 and D energy guy).
    Oh man. A second line of Hood, Clarkson, Korver, and Green would have an amazing O-rating and arguably the worse D-rating.

Oh man. A second line of Hood, Clarkson, Korver, and Green would have an amazing O-rating and arguably the worse D-rating.
    They would be fun to watch, but it's a quartet I wouldn't expect to see a ton of together. For one thing, I'd expect Hood to start.

Marc SteinVerified account @TheSteinLine 4h4 hours ago
    The Timberwolves will try to sign Derrick Rose if he clears waivers after his looming release by Utah, according to league sources

Zach LoweVerified account @ZachLowe_NBA 3h3 hours ago
    Prepare for full-on Wolves Twitter rebellion when Thibs starts giving some of Tyus Jones's minutes to Rose.

Grrrrr.

I wouldn't dare start JR Smith over Hood, JR has been so bad on both sides

This. Jazz and Hood couldn't get to an extension last summer. He was bolting. Worst kept secret in the NBA.
    Got it. Thanks.

I just came across an online poll of 40 wolves fans, and 63% of them all agreed Tyus should be starting pg. Only 16% think Teague is a better option.

I'll admit, I was defending Jeff Teague earlier in the season, but Tyus has clearly been the better player. His offensive rating is worlds better, he has a better true shooting percentage (read: doesn't chuck up awful shots), has a much higher A/TO ratio, and has a better cumulative +/- despite playing barely half the minutes. What is Tom Thibodeau doing? I know he thinks analytics aren't worth much, but dude, numbers don't lie. I can't find an explanation for why Jeff should be the starter.

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdevil View Post
    I just came across an online poll of 40 wolves fans, and 63% of them all agreed Tyus should be starting pg. Only 16% think Teague is a better option.

I'll admit, I was defending Jeff Teague earlier in the season, but Tyus has clearly been the better player. His offensive rating is worlds better, he has a better true shooting percentage (read: doesn't chuck up awful shots), has a much higher A/TO ratio, and has a better cumulative +/- despite playing barely half the minutes. What is Tom Thibodeau doing? I know he thinks analytics aren't worth much, but dude, numbers don't lie. I can't find an explanation for why Jeff should be the starter.
    For one, they're paying Teague 19 million dollars this year (and next, and the year after). He didn't sign with Minnesota to be a backup PG. Thibs being the President of Bball Operations and the head coach means he's answering to upper management and the players for personnel decisions. Playing both sides isn't easy. Teague is the starter and is playing 50-70% of available minutes with Tyus getting the rest. Tyus did play the entire fourth quarter last night in a tight loss to the Bulls.

It's clear Thibs is comfortable with Tyus in crunch time. Tyus should continue to improve and nip at Teague's ankles, and if he keeps getting better he could be the starter by sometime next year (while they look to trade Teague for something in return).