Page 6 of 68 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR THE DUKE BLUE DEVILS:Kyrie22pts 10asts 4rebs 3stlsJayson14pts 10rebs 3asts
    Guess what shirt Jayson wore in warm ups tonight!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

https://mobile.twitter.com/DukeNBA/s...3075%2Fpage-24

Quinn @ The Warriors!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    For all his contract troubles in his first 2 year of the NBA, now he goes and gets a ring in a system that brings out the best in their players... Wow things really do work out in the end.

This may have helped: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1mthfL9e2g

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    You acknowledge it is subjective, but I would put some of our young bucks ahead of an aging JJ. Fun list though. I hope you/we maintain the list through the season.
    My subjective criteria is based on where they are right now, and I feel like JJ is oddly near the peak of his career at this age, maybe just over the peak. We'll see if the young guns can pass him. I will try and keep updating the rankings on a regular basis...the best laid plans..

Quote Originally Posted by Mabdul Doobakus View Post
    I think Seth is going to move up that list a bit by the end of the year.

My preseason read on Winslow is that he still can't shoot and is still having trouble finishing at the rim. He was a mess in the first 4 games, but played considerably better in the 2nd 2, so I'm hoping he was just shaking off some rust having been injured most of last year. He's still really young and athletic, and he's still a hard worker, so I continue to believe he's going to figure it out eventually. I'm just not sure it's going to be with Miami.
    I agree about Seth, if he was healthy and everyone else's health was as is (meaning injured guys are still injured), he'd be closer to top 10.

Justise will have a long career if he can stay healthy. His shot will determine whether or not he becomes a star or just a dependable veteran.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post

I agree about Seth, if he was healthy and everyone else's health was as is (meaning injured guys are still injured), he'd be closer to top 10.
    I would love to see Seth's career flourish. I always felt that he was hampered my injuries at Duke and by his superstar older brother. I would be elated to see him on a starting roster on a regular basis and see what he could accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I would love to see Seth's career flourish. I always felt that he was hampered my injuries at Duke and by his superstar older brother. I would be elated to see him on a starting roster on a regular basis and see what he could accomplish.
    How? I'm sure that Steph has been very helpful to and supportive of his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    How? I'm sure that Steph has been very helpful to and supportive of his brother.
    My guess he meant that Steph casts a long shadow...but I think we all agree that Seth has benefited mightily by the comparison, and to his father. The same player with the name Sam Curran and no familial lineage of shooting greatness might not be in the NBA.

Not bad company

Another cool stat for Tatum from last night, he was the 1st Celtics player to record a double-double in his NBA debut since Larry Bird in 79

"Tatum and Bird’s stats from their first games in green and white were eerily similar. They scored the same amount of points, snagged the same number of rebounds, and shot nearly the same field-goal percentage."

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston...end-larry-bird

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDevil View Post
    Another cool stat for Tatum from last night, he was the 1st Celtics player to record a double-double in his NBA debut since Larry Bird in 79

"Tatum and Bird’s stats from their first games in green and white were eerily similar. They scored the same amount of points, snagged the same number of rebounds, and shot nearly the same field-goal percentage."

I saw this. Pretty cool!

How do you think Tatum would look with a mustache like Larry?

Quote Originally Posted by Selover View Post
    How do you think Tatum would look with a mustache like Larry?
    I think Jason should stick to trying to replicate his on court performance and let Larry keep the 80s stache for himself!

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDevil View Post

Larry Bird: The Hick from French Lick
    Jayson Tatum: The Lifebuoy from St. Louie?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    My guess he meant that Steph casts a long shadow...but I think we all agree that Seth has benefited mightily by the comparison, and to his father. The same player with the name Sam Curran and no familial lineage of shooting greatness might not be in the NBA.
    Yes, thank you. That is what I meant to convey.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Larry Bird: The Hick from French Lick
    Jayson Tatum: The Lifebuoy from St. Louie?
    that made me laugh. It's hard to think of a better rhyme for St Louis than that.

Watched the two national games tonight.

The Sixers play a lot of guys, and JJ wasn't as central to the 76ers offense as I thought he'd be. Definitely have to give that team a while to establish roles. I was impressed with Ben Simmons and Markel Fultz. Embiid looked ok. Jah DNP, is behind Amir Johnson and when Johnson had foul trouble, they just didn't play a 5.

Tyus got major minutes in a close loss to San Antonio, I think he played at least 15 second half minutes including crunch time over Jeff Teague. He really seems to have Thibs trust. Wiggins looked great, KAT plays horrible D!

I guess I missed something re Kennard? How come the DNP?

edit: also puzzled by Rodney's low minutes, off the bench at that

Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post

Van Gundy said he will not play until his defense improves

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Wait, is this October 2006?

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    wow, that deteriorated quickly from a few days ago, when the buzz was that he would be starting. should have known better with svg.

also puzzled by Rodney's low minutes, off the bench at that
    Recap says that
    Rodney Hood was pulled out of the starting lineup at the last second due to gastric distress. Rookie Donovan Mitchell made his first career start in his place. Hood entered later in the first quarter and played 18 minutes.
    I thought he was over the nervous stomach issue that plagued him at Duke. Does opening night bring it back?
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Luke is behind Langston Galloway in the rotation, one of those free agent steals backed by great scouting and research. Galloway is everything SVG values: good shooting, great court awareness (spacing on offense and defense) and relentless hustle.

Luke hasn't been bad, Galloway has been better. That's OK, SVG doesn't expect rookies to get it.