Page 52 of 68 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1354
    Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    KD is a bad matchup for almost anyone, but with Jordan at the 5 you can do things to hide KAT on defense.

The point is the team is better with Tyus as PG so might as well use Teague to upgrade their second big man.
    Or even the bench

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    KAT + Jeff Teague for Anthony Davis.The trade works according to ESPN's trade machine.

Now, I'm not sure why Nawlins would want Teague as they are already spending $25+ mil a year for a PG in Jrue Holiday.
    Several reports out there that the Clippers offered Blake Griffin for Towns and Gorgui Dieng. The offer was quickly rejected.

Jayson Tatum recently posted pictures on his instagram account of his newborn baby son, Jayson Tatum Jr. Congrats to Jayson and the yet to be named mother of his child (his girlfriend is a Duke volleyball player).

Add another bullet point on his list of "beyond his years" accomplishments. He's already a dad at age 19 . . .

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Add another bullet point on his list of "beyond his years" accomplishments. He's already a dad at age 19 . . .
    True, it's amazing how few are able to achieve such a miracle at so precocious an age.

Jayson Tatum recently posted pictures on his instagram account of his newborn baby son, Jayson Tatum Jr. Congrats to Jayson and the yet to be named mother of his child (his girlfriend is a Duke volleyball player).

Is it an accomplishment? Looks like the mother is not his current girlfriend. Not judging, but that has the potential to be unwanted drama at 19.

T-Wolves picked up Amile Jefferson today on one of those fancy 2 way deals.

Quote Originally Posted by fraggler View Post
    Is it an accomplishment? Looks like the mother is not his current girlfriend. Not judging, but that has the potential to be unwanted drama at 19.
    It's an accomplishment if that kid ends up playing for Duke.

Yeah, it's certainly not ideal for an NBA rookie (though considering grandma lives in the same apartment building, it could be much worse), but Jayson seems to be very happy about it, so who are we to judge?

On a lighter note, there's a tiny chance Jayson could play in the NBA with his own son

Quote Originally Posted by Mabdul Doobakus View Post
    T-Wolves picked up Amile Jefferson today on one of those fancy 2 way deals.
    More on the move in this short article: https://dunkingwithwolves.com/2018/0...-way-contract/

In summary, today was the last day for teams to sign players to a two-way contract. The T-Wolves already have one player under a two-way contract; he hasn't seen NBA action this season. Amile may not see PT in the big league, but he'll have a chance! In the meantime, he'll continue to dominate the G-league. Amile is averaging 18 points and 13 rebounds on the season so far.

Jayson Tatum recently posted pictures on his instagram account of his newborn baby son, Jayson Tatum Jr. Congrats to Jayson and the yet to be named mother of his child (his girlfriend is a Duke volleyball player). . . .
    9 months ago he was still a Duke student.

From a perspective of future Duke players, I would have been rooting for the volleyball player. But then, I'm still I'm still rooting for Shelden to get back together with Candice Parker ...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    9 months ago he was still a Duke student.

From a perspective of future Duke players, I would have been rooting for the volleyball player. But then, I'm still I'm still rooting for Shelden to get back together with Candice Parker ...
    Well, the complicated thing is, he's currently dating the volleyball player, but she's not the mom . . .

Jayson's relationship status is probably too TMZ for discussion here, but I suppose it's worth noting. Also, Dwyane Wade had a kid already when he was a sophomore at Marquette.

Well, the complicated thing is, he's currently dating the volleyball player, but she's not the mom . . .

Jayson's relationship status is probably too TMZ for discussion here, but I suppose it's worth noting. Also, Dwyane Wade had a kid already when he was a sophomore at Marquette.
    There's a libero joke in there somewhere, but I'll stay away from TMZ territory ...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    There's a libero joke in there somewhere, but I'll stay away from TMZ territory ...
    Let's just say I've had that Kanye West song stuck in my head all day. 18 years . . .

Tyus Jones has surpassed his scoring total from last year, as well as rebounds and steals. His numbers are better across the board, except a/to, which is 0.006 less than last year.
    Also, Winslow is playing for the Heat again.

Rockets out to get Austin Rivers last night...despite Rivers not playing

Even when he's not playing, Austin Rivers has an uncanny ability to piss folks off: https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/16/1...-austin-rivers
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Even when he's not playing, Austin Rivers has an uncanny ability to piss folks off: https://www.sbnation.com/2018/1/16/1...-austin-rivers
    I don't get it . . . why do this? You're already out with an injury, now you're just asking for more punishment. For a guy who hasn't really earned a whole lot of respect in the league, you'd think Rivers would keep his mouth shut on the bench . . .

I don't get it . . . why do this? You're already out with an injury, now you're just asking for more punishment. For a guy who hasn't really earned a whole lot of respect in the league, you'd think Rivers would keep his mouth shut on the bench . . .
    He earned some well-deserved respect for his bloodied and battered performance at the end of the 2016 playoffs.

No idea what he said here. Or what Beverly (who was also out injured, and was a Rocket for the last few years) said at the end to Ariza. Very immature of the Rockets. Game got chippy but leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    He earned some well-deserved respect for his bloodied and battered performance at the end of the 2016 playoffs.

No idea what he said here. Or what Beverly (who was also out injured, and was a Rocket for the last few years) said at the end to Ariza. Very immature of the Rockets. Game got chippy but leave it at that.
    If we don't know what was said, not sure that we can say it was just the Rockets that were being immature. It's quite possible that the Clips crossed a line during the game.

On a happier note, belated congrats to Amile on his two-way contract with the TWolves! (Tyus and Amile with Jimmy Buckets on the best version of my typically pathetic NBA team since 2004? Works for me!) Anyway, great to see that Thibs, a old-school curmudgeonly guy with young players if there ever was one, giving Amile some love. The Wolves are pretty deep in quality big men with KAT, Gibson, Dieng, and Bjelica eating up pretty much all of the minutes (to the extent that Bjelly, a guy who fits the profile of a pretty standard stretch 4 in today's NBA, has been playing nearly all his minutes on the wing at the 3 over the last couple of weeks), so I'm not sure how much burn he'll get on the occasions when he's called up to the big squad.

But hey, as the season goes along, there's always a need for a minutes-eater at the forward spot who can do what he's supposed to in the defensive scheme and on the glass, and nobody knows better than Duke fans that Amile brings both of those things, along with an absolutely infections level of effort. Great guy on the bench, great practice player who won't back down from anyone, and a guy who I feel confident in seeing go out and do his job anytime he's called upon. Couldn't be happier for Amile or for the Wolves!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldBattleship View Post
    On a happier note, belated congrats to Amile on his two-way contract with the TWolves! (Tyus and Amile with Jimmy Buckets on the best version of my typically pathetic NBA team since 2004? Works for me!) Anyway, great to see that Thibs, a old-school curmudgeonly guy with young players if there ever was one, giving Amile some love. The Wolves are pretty deep in quality big men with KAT, Gibson, Dieng, and Bjelica eating up pretty much all of the minutes (to the extent that Bjelly, a guy who fits the profile of a pretty standard stretch 4 in today's NBA, has been playing nearly all his minutes on the wing at the 3 over the last couple of weeks), so I'm not sure how much burn he'll get on the occasions when he's called up to the big squad.

But hey, as the season goes along, there's always a need for a minutes-eater at the forward spot who can do what he's supposed to in the defensive scheme and on the glass, and nobody knows better than Duke fans that Amile brings both of those things, along with an absolutely infections level of effort. Great guy on the bench, great practice player who won't back down from anyone, and a guy who I feel confident in seeing go out and do his job anytime he's called upon. Couldn't be happier for Amile or for the Wolves!

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/timb...o-way-contract