Page 48 of 68 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Where to find info on Harry Giles' progress withe Kings? They said initially that he wouldn't be available til January, and well, it's January. Since he wasn't injured to start with, but rather just taking precautions due to past injuries, i'm interested to know if they want to play him the G-league for a little while to catch up to speed or if they are going to just go strait to NBA play/practice.
    The Kings' official site on NBA.com said back in October said Giles would be out "through at least January". That would suggest to me that he would be unlikely to play in January. Other sites have said he wouldn't play until January, but I suspect that was based on a slight misread of the link below:

http://www.nba.com/kings/news/harry-giles-update

MP1 is having a nice season so far withe Hawks, who are terrible. He's starting currently due to an injury to the previous starter, but has acquitted himself well, except at the FT line where he's a miserable ~42%. Otherwise, his 61% FG is at a career high, and he's scoring about 5ppg with 3.8rpg. He usually doesn't even play half the available minutes, and he's certainly not a focal point of their offense, but Schroeder is a good PG and gets Miles some nice lob-dunks.
    Meh... his per minute points and rebounds are both less this season than his career average.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Jason - you deserve credit for being a huge Tyus booster and I think this utter GUSH from the Athletic ($) is your reward.

https://www.theathletic.com/195410/2...-jimmy-butler/

Jah getting some minutes tonight against his best friend Tyus Stones.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

In-game highlight showed Tyus picking up a steal and going the length for a fast break......DUNK!!!!!
    I've never seen Tyus dunk before, so that was a surprise to me!

Tyus with 1 assist and 4 turnovers tonight, but scored 11 points (which is a lot for him) in 37 minutes of play. But, perhaps the most important stat for him is that he lead the team with a +_ of +9. This is not an uncommon occurrence for him because -- as many are starting to note -- the Twolves play their best TEAM BASKETBALL when Tyus is on the floor. Minnesota is paying $19 mil a year to Jeff Teague for the next 3 seasons and their best lineup is with him on the bench. That's just reality, people.

Jah played 11 minutes and was 1-3 from the floor with 2 rebounds. Not exactly lighting the world on fire but at least he is playing in NBA games.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

At age 33, J.J. Redick is averaging a career high 17.2 points per game for the sort of resurgent 76ers. He is also shooting an absurd 94% from the stripe and 40.2% from behind the arc, and averaging highs or near highs in rebounds, assists, and made threes per game.

As a result of his hot free-throw shooting this season, he's moved up to 9th all-time in free throw percentage, and may soon move up to 8th. He's a lowly 15th all-time in three-point percentage.

For good measure, here's a reminder that he once dunked in college:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-xksArNMlY

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post

For good measure, here's a reminder that he once dunked in college:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-xksArNMlY
    There's also a story. NC State's Ilian Evtimov, who was 6-7, had never dunked. And his team-mate Engin Atsur, also from Turkey, began to give him holy grief about it once JJ had made his dunk.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/0...mpression=true

In Jones’ four starts since Teague went down during an overtime victory over Denver on Dec. 27, Minnesota has outscored opponents by a total of 101-71 in first quarters.
    Butler said Jones is “huge,” but did have one criticism. “We all tell him, ‘Tyus, it’s OK to shoot the ball. You don’t have to pass it every single time. When you’re open, shoot,’ ” he said.
    In Jones’ seven starts, he’s averaging fewer than seven shots a game.
    “He shoots the ball really well. We tell him to shoot more, but he’s just that unselfish,” Gibson said. “He’s a real point guard.”
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Jabari Parker

Jabari Parker has been practicing with the Wisconsin Herd, the Buck's G League team. Hopefully this portends his imminent return to the court. The Bucks still haven't had a chance to really see how he fits with the team long-term. Hoping he can continue to improve despite the injury setbacks.

Tonight... the biggest matchup in the NBA features the two best PGs at Duke in the past decade. Kyrie vs Tyus.

Must
    See
    tV!

Aren’t the two best Duke point guards of the past decade on the Duke coaching staff?

The first two videos on the espn website are "Tatum roasts Wiggins at the rim" and "Tatum dunks over KAT". A couple of plays later is "Tatum hustle ends with a jam".

Jah scores 12 and has 5 rebs and 2 blocks in 13 minutes against the Celtics.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Took 12 shots in 13 minutes, making up for lost time.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    I would imagine that the Nets are just as happy withe 5 rebs in 13 minutes as they are withe points. his 12 points came on 5-12FGs, which isn't all that exciting for a post player.
    It's nice to see Jah finally get back on the court, what trials he's been thru! Sturm und drang for that kid!

Props to Ingram, Bella Hadid is fire

Ingram with a very efficient 20 pts on 7 shots (+7 FTs) in the Lakers big win over PHX to break their 9-game losing streak, and also to shut Lavar's mouth.
    Rodney Hood had a big night with 17 pts on 16 FGs for Utah.
    MP1 continues to play quietly but solidly as a starter for the Hawks, with 6pts (on 3-3 FGs) and 4 boards.
    Lance also, quiet but solid, 2 pts + 4 boards.
    Winslow still out for MIA, but Josh McRoberts is apparently now available for the Mavs, picking up a DNP.
    Finally, Singler got in a game for only the 6th time this year. If he was injured i never read about it. He has scored 14 pts on the season, on pace for his lowest scoring output in his career. His 3FG shooting last year was terrible, 19%, and is up to 40% this year, on only 5 shots. It'd be nice to see if he has a chance to do something a bit more useful somewhere else. Unless he has no value whatsoever or has an unwieldy contract, i don't understand why the Thunder don't try to trade him or give him away for super cheap.

Unless he has no value whatsoever or has an unwieldy contract, i don't understand why the Thunder don't try to trade him or give him away for super cheap.
    I doubt there would be many takers for him. He makes $4.6 this year and just a few bucks under $5 mil next season. That's not a ton of money by NBA standards, but is enough to make teams hesitant about picking him up given that he hasn't even been a rotation player for a couple years. He looked like a legit 3-point threat when he signed his current deal a couple years ago, but his long range shooting has been pretty awful since then and it just doesn't look like anyone in the NBA wants him.

Kyle turns 30 next year and it is hard to see much of a future for him in the league once this deal is done after next season... maybe someone brings him in for the veteran minimum if he plays well in camp. Worse comes to worse, he takes the $22+ mil he has earned in the league and moves on to the next thing in life.

-Jason "Meanwhile... anyone have any idea when we might see Seth or Jabari on a NBA court again? Two of the best Dukies in the NBA and injuries have ruined this entire season thus far" Evans