Duke versus Kentucky: Battle on the Beach!

(this is a true story, but you aren't going to believe it).

ok, so yesterday the wind is blowing 15mph from the southwest at myrtle beach, and i put up my flexifoil 15 meter kite and put in at the marriott on 82nd avenue; a beautiful day and ran about 1.75 miles downwind to the apache campground pier, where i came out of the surf at a very high rate of speed. the wind was still up and i had about 50 people checking me out, in addition to many people up in the highrise right there next to the pier.

three men were sitting slightly downwind (one about 70 yo, the other two 45-50 yo, i think dad plus his two sons is my guess). i think that they were excited to see me come in right there next to them. turns out i should have gone a little past them, hahaha.

i had to get the kite down, solo, and there is a special way to do this so you won't kill 1) yourself and/or 2) hurt/kill anyone on the beach. i ran the drill perfectly but half way through, here comes the older man to 'help me out'. he's right to my right. i very clearly asked him to move out of the way, as i had to drop that kite on the edge of the window and sprint downwind to drag it around before it relaunched (if it hits someone, i am liable for any damages to any part of their body).

for some reason, that man did NOT MOVE; i didn't see this non-movement at the time, however, as i was concentrating on getting the kite down well to my left. i put the kite down, and then punched out and began my sprint to the right: AS I TURNED TO RUN THE MAN WAS STILL STANDING FOUR FEET TO MY RIGHT AND DIRECTLY IN MY PATH.

i swerved and hit him with a glancing blow with my right shoulder; i heard him fall and he said 'oh, my goodness, uh ohhhhh!'. i knew i'd knocked him down, but i had to secure that kite!

his son jumped up off the chairs and ran screaming at me, saying (expletive deleteds) 'you knocked my dad down, you go over and apologize right now, you come right back and don't move one more step!'

THE SON WAS WEARING A KENTUCKY T-SHIRT.

His dad cooled him off, and the man took the blame for not getting out of the way; i hugged the older man and told him i was sorry (he apologized profusely and said it was indeed his fault, he chose not to heed my warning) and then the son apologized and said he realized his dad just didn't listen in this situation.

I then told the son that I was a Duke Man and we laughed for about 10 minutes and all agreed that the basketball fight had spilled over to the BEACH; the fight continues!

dth.

Man, I was hoping for talk of beach barbecue. Your thread title misleads.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Man, I was hoping for talk of beach barbecue. Your thread title misleads.
    That's why he put it Off Topic instead of On. But honestly, I was expecting Q talk as well....
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com