Football ticket question

Does anybody know if a two year old has to have a ticket to football games? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderDevil View Post
    Does anybody know if a two year old has to have a ticket to football games? I can't find it anywhere. Thanks
    Due to security concerns, pregnant women are required to have two tickets. Sorry, couldn't help myself there...

Actually, I have no idea.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderDevil View Post
    If you scroll way down to the Ticket Information section here you will find this blurb

Tickets for all Duke Football games and other sporting events are available at www.goduke.com/tickets or by calling the ticket office at 919-681-BLUE (2583). Tickets are required for all guests age three (3) and older. Tickets are not required for children two (2) and under who sit on a parent/guardian’s lap.
    Looks like you don't need a ticket for your two year old
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    If you scroll way down to the Ticket Information section here you will find this blurb

yeah but be sure to carry him in a duke branded clear plastic bag... otherwise the tsa wanna bees may make you toss him before the game /s

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post

Keeping him/her on your lap for four or so hours should be a breeze.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    So hard to find an open seat in Wade

Thanks for the info...Cami says thanks too!

Always helps to know the ticket taker !

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    or use him/her as a hat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Due to security concerns, pregnant women are required to have two tickets. Sorry, couldn't help myself there...

Actually, I have no idea.
    Best to bring latest ultrasound to prove not carrying twins+

A word of caution - a few years ago I had trouble bringing food into the stadium for my then-toddler who has severe allergies. I explained to the security guard at the gate that she cannot eat any food at the stadium or she would literally die, and he said I would have to dump out the contents of my diaper bag and "go buy a hot dog." We left after 30 minutes and honestly it's one of the big reasons why I haven't been back to a game since then.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    A word of caution - a few years ago I had trouble bringing food into the stadium for my then-toddler who has severe allergies. I explained to the security guard at the gate that she cannot eat any food at the stadium or she would literally die, and he said I would have to dump out the contents of my diaper bag and "go buy a hot dog." We left after 30 minutes and honestly it's one of the big reasons why I haven't been back to a game since then.
    Did you contact the Athletic Department about this? Seems to be an issue that needs rectifying.

under Duke's written policy (on GoDuke.com) they say stuff for medical reasons can be brought in...but yeah, it does require some judgment on the part of the staff, something which (over the years) I have not found in great abundance.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Did you contact the Athletic Department about this? Seems to be an issue that needs rectifying.
    I commented on this story when UrinalCake first published it. I thought it was a horrible situation, but I also gave some latitude to the police and security guards to exercise judgment. Was it possible they were aware of Mr. U.C.'s unfortunate screen name and thought he might be a public health hazard?

Kindly,
    Sage
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

On the flip side, there are the teenage girls checking bags who, when I offered them my small cosmetics bag to check, simply said Naw, you're good.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Another classic example of the "Common Sense" that rules Duke athletics on game day. Kind of like the parking guys threatening to tow us last year while we tailgated during Matthew. (There were at most three other cars in the parking lot.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    yeah but be sure to carry him in a duke branded clear plastic bag... otherwise the tsa wanna bees may make you toss him before the game /s
    Read the bag policy on GoDuke and even clear plastic bags (used at many major sporting events) are off limits. Medical supplies or Duke store merch bags are OK.