Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

The real question

So this indicates that there are 30 seats from Cameron Indoor on the loose! One of those bad boys would sure make a great play room display. Supply and demand would clearly out price most, but fun to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    hallcity beat you to it here
    Yeah, saw that after I posted. Sorry

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by brandon990 View Post
    So this indicates that there are 30 seats from Cameron Indoor on the loose! One of those bad boys would sure make a great play room display. Supply and demand would clearly out price most, but fun to think about.
    Unfortunately those seats were recently spiffed up and painted. It would be cooler if they were in their old and worn condition

ricks

Is the booth really below the Crows nest?

That looks like a different section from where it was based, on the seat pattern below. Is the temporary structure really in the seats below the crow's nest?

I spent many games up there while working for the SID in the early/mid 80's. The official statistician was there too. At halftime I took his carbon typed running stats, climbed down, over the rail through the student section, to a small back room with a mimeograph machine. I then had it crank out about 25-30 copies to hand out in the media room during halftime. To beat deadlines the "back half" of their columns was typed during the start of the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    The crow's nests at Cameron are gone. They are being replaced by a temporary structure because of safety concerns. Cameron will lose 30 seats. My seats are some of the ones being lost. I sat under the TV crow's nest. It was clearly dangerous. I can remember the night when Jim Valvano became very ill while broadcasting a game after his diagnosis of cancer. Removing him from the crow's nest was quite difficult. I can also remember Kareem Abdul-Jabbar getting up there to broadcast a game, proving that he was still an athlete.

The crow's nests may have been antiquated, unsafe and inconvenient but they were part of what gives Cameron character.
    Back in the day- there were actual birds flying in the rafters during games.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Back in the day- there were actual birds flying in the rafters during games.
    ...And sound baffles and a smoke cloud hanging over the court.

(Wow, the first time I ever successfully uploaded a photo. The Dam has burst! )
    Attached Images Attached Images

I read in the N & O article that they are also building a wooden podium in one corner. Does anyone know which corner? My family's seats are in the very top of section 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddylawman View Post
    I spent many games up there while working for the SID in the early/mid 80's. The official statistician was there too. At halftime I took his carbon typed running stats, climbed down, over the rail through the student section, to a small back room with a mimeograph machine. I then had it crank out about 25-30 copies to hand out in the media room during halftime. To beat deadlines the "back half" of their columns was typed during the start of the second half.
    Wouldn't it have been easier to email it? 😀
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Ahhhh, the smoke cloud. I remember struggling to see across CIS after halftime. It was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    Wouldn't it have been easier to email it? 😀
    Depends on how old you are.😂😋😎

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Business Casual View Post
    I read in the N & O article that they are also building a wooden podium in one corner. Does anyone know which corner? My family's seats are in the very top of section 9.
    There's been a platform in the SE corner (section 3) for a camera the past few years. It started as a temporary wood platform, it's now a quasi-permanent metal one. It covers two seats.

The smoking in the Indoor Stadium was stopped after Margaret Rose Sanford's sweater was burned and ended up with a hole in it. I was at a party that night with the Sanfords and I can attest that she was less than thrilled.

The smoking in the Indoor Stadium was stopped after Margaret Rose Sanford's sweater was burned and ended up with a hole in it. I was at a party that night with the Sanfords and I can attest that she was less than thrilled.
    Uncle Terry had his avuncular letter, Aunt Margaret Rose had her materteral edict.

(Wow, the first time I ever successfully uploaded a photo. The Dam has burst! )
    Can you teach me? I have never been able to get past the first few I posted about 10 years ago. (Especially after seeing a picture of Verga.👍👍&#128077

ricks

guess I'll have to update my "worst seats in cameron" post!
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisDevil View Post
    So many great memories from Cameron. I was fortunate enough to work for Coach D'armi in Cameron in the early nineties. During the Gulf War, for one of the games we had to bring in extra security. A day or two before, a protest at another school (Missouri? I believe), students had toppled an ESPN production truck. I was up in the crows nest, as I was for many games when the students started chanting "USA! USA! USA!". One of the announcers (I believe it was Mike Patrick) looked at Vitale and said something to the effect of "Holy $#!#!! That is one of the loudest things I have ever heard!" The experience of seeing a game from up there was truly special. But, WOW DID IT GET HOT!!!!!!!
    God bless that man. An all time favorite of mine, may he rest in peace.
    WWJDD?

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    guess I'll have to update my "worst seats in cameron" post!
    It's actually pretty great-- since there's no one behind us, we can just stand up when things get exciting. I remember when I was a little kid, there weren't seats back there, just wooden tables that we sat on. I used to get splinters every game, but it was so worth it.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    It's actually pretty great-- since there's no one behind us, we can just stand up when things get exciting. I remember when I was a little kid, there weren't seats back there, just wooden tables that we sat on. I used to get splinters every game, but it was so worth it.
    The back row in the end zone has less leg room than others, because the seats on the sides of the row were pushed forward to make the overall row even. ( The seats in between the aisles have the window behind them, so less room.). The space behind the row is nice for coats, not blocking people, and allowing extra people that have snuck in a place to stand and watch the game (not that we've ever done that, ).

Uh No' I think you showed a picture of the corner seats in section 3 last year, can you pull that up again?

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Uh No' I think you showed a picture of the corner seats in section 3 last year, can you pull that up again?
    http://forums.dukebasketballreport.c...hic-Compendium
    April 1