Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    I am impressed again by the team speed. Can't remember seeing a Devil squad this quick.
    Nobody can keep up with us when we switch to... RAHMING SPEED!

... I'll show myself out.
    Trinity '09

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchab1es View Post
    Nobody can keep up with us when we switch to... RAHMING SPEED!

... I'll show myself out.
    Surely a pun-ishing offense.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Surely a pun-ishing offense.
    That's correct, Rahming is an integral piece to our punishing offense.
    Trinity '09

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Ben Swain has an article on wral.com about this being a classic trap game, and it is. I am sure Cut will have the team ready and I think we'll be just fine, but it's a thought.
    Favorite line from the whole write-up is the first one.
    Just a few short years ago, “accountable for keeping the Duke record book up to date” was the easiest job description bullet point in college athletics. Thanks to David Cutcliffe, that person now goes through as much white-out as a UNC lawyer.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/it-s-tr...ball/16943659/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    "If you don't learn, fix and get better when you're winning, the winning will stop." @DavidCutcliffe
    and this is the epitome of why It bothers me when people rag on others here for pointing out things to work on after wins.

"why can't you just be happy with a win"
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    and this is the epitome of why It bothers me when people rag on others here for pointing out things to work on after wins.

"why can't you just be happy with a win"
    Of course post-game analysis includes areas for improvement, but there are certainly times after Duke victories where the tenor around here is surprisingly (at least for me) negative in a "wait, did I watch the same game" sort of way. That, coupled with the fact that the DBR posters, as much as it pains us, cannot actually run the practices after tough wins, so picking apart every negative element isn't super productive, especially when those come with little attribution for the positives.

There is middle ground, as difficult as that may be to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    There is middle ground, as difficult as that may be to believe.
    Mostly agree, but with one caveat - the Chapel Hole game. We want to take them to the woodshed every time we play them in any sport and should not settle for sound logic and reason versus the goats, ever.

Can't wait to get loud this Saturday in WW!

Quote Originally Posted by Dukelogger View Post
    Mostly agree, but with one caveat - the Chapel Hole game. We want to take them to the woodshed every time we play them in any sport and should not settle for sound logic and reason versus the goats, ever.

Can't wait to get loud this Saturday in WW!
    With them, the only acceptable outcome is the ability and willingness to gloat at the goats.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    as much as it pains us, cannot actually run the practices after tough wins, so picking apart every negative element isn't super productive
    I mean, to be fair, nothing we do here is particularly productive. this is an internet message board about sports.
    April 1

in other news, in a desperate plea for fans at the game: tickets are free for trinity faculty and staff.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Ben Swain has an article on wral.com about this being a classic trap game, and it is. I am sure Cut will have the team ready and I think we'll be just fine, but it's a thought.
    Favorite line from the whole write-up is the first one.

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/it-s-tr...ball/16943659/
    "That game marks the only time a Blue Devil team has failed to cover a 7+ point spread against a Power 5 opponent, a fact that is slightly overshadowed by a controversial Miami win accompanied by referee suspensions and formal apologies from the ACC front office. The impacts of losing a trap game were felt the next weekend in Chapel Hill as UNC's championship team demolished Duke 66-31."

Would that so-called championship be the one that UNC was not eligible to win because they were laboring under the yolk and weight of penalties from several of the many major violations that the institute has been managing to pile up for years and years? Sheesh!!

Ben Swain should be ashamed.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

in other news, in a desperate plea for fans at the game: tickets are free for trinity faculty and staff.
    Season ticket prices were raised for 2017 (I admit they were still relatively inexpensive) but they are giving away tickets to increase attendance. As a multi-season season ticket holder it makes me wonder what are they doing for me besides harassing my wife and daughter over the size of their purse and overcharging me for bottled water.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Season ticket prices were raised for 2017 (I admit they were still relatively inexpensive) but they are giving away tickets to increase attendance. As a multi-season season ticket holder it makes me wonder what are they doing for me besides harassing my wife and daughter over the size of their purse and overcharging me for bottled water.
    Yea, I can understand why those season ticket holders (and game day purchasers) who have to PAY for their tickets are not happy when free tickets are given out to employees and others (can we consider these employment benefits? Like health insurance and the 403(b) plan ?) but given the rather pathetic attendance at most Duke home football games, I DO think the athletic and marketing department have to be creative in trying to get fans in the seats. As I've said before, I feel sorry for Coach Cut, the assistant coaches and, most importantly, the players about the lack of fan support. Frankly, if I were running the show, I'd give out free tickets to ALL Duke employees (2 to 4 each) for most games and I would let all kids under 18 in Durham into the game for free, if their parents or guardian buy a (discounted) ticket. I'd also come up with creative ways to get more students to attend the games (like maybe handing out gift certificates to various restaurants in Durham and CH to students at each game or come up with some other worthwhile prizes?). I realize Duke is not a "football school" but I find the lack of attendance to be embarrassing. I would guess it has to hurt recruiting, to a degree.

Season ticket prices were raised for 2017 (I admit they were still relatively inexpensive) but they are giving away tickets to increase attendance. As a multi-season season ticket holder it makes me wonder what are they doing for me besides harassing my wife and daughter over the size of their purse and overcharging me for bottled water and most other concessions. Plus, no re-entry so you can buy more over-priced water and concessions.
    Added a few additional points.

I will admit, the free parking is a nice change.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

"I have a great marketing idea. Let's make it as inconvenient and unpleasant as possible to attend a game. The stands will be packed!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I will admit, the free parking is a nice change.
    Yes, it is. But free parking is not a season ticket holder perk, parking is free for everyone.
    Bob Green

Yes, it is. But free parking is not a season ticket holder perk, parking is free for everyone.
    You are correct. I wasn't very clear on that point but it did save us at least $50 this year.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

where did you read this? I thought they were $10 a ticket.

We now have a blackout map:

Based on your location, here are your viewing options:

Black:
    -On TV on station linked in first post (may require being an in-market subscriber)
    -Online through the internet feature of one of the TV stations linked in first post (may require being an in-market subscriber)

Green:
    -On TV on station linked in first post (may require being an in-market subscriber)
    -On TV on ESPN College Extra (not carried by all providers)
    -Online through the internet feature of one of the TV stations linked in first post (may require being an in-market subscriber)
    -Online though WatchESPN

The only thing we are missing is channel assignments for ESPN College Extra for the three national providers, which will hopefully be available by this time tomorrow. If you are a Spectrum cable subscriber, channel assignments will depend on your local lineup so I would check it before the game so you know where to tune.

@ahom111. The original link to Raycom leads to a "Not Found" message on a Raycom page.

Dunno what can be done, but you do have a magic touch with these things.