Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Hopefully, sunburn won't be an issue for the Miami game.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Hopefully, sunburn won't be an issue for the Miami game.
    I love September evening games!!

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I love September evening games!!
    Basically, the TV agreement is killing Duke home football games. When I was at Rice (back in the SWC days), there were no day games until November. At The Citadel, in Charleston, there were no day games until October.

Mid-day games in September are just plain nuts.

I suppose one answer is to become a top ten team and get the prime-time TV slots.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Basically, the TV agreement is killing Duke home football games. When I was at Rice (back in the SWC days), there were no day games until November. At The Citadel, in Charleston, there were no day games until October.

I suppose one answer is to become a top ten team and get the prime-time TV slots.
    I was in Athens yesterday for a 7 pm start. Dawg fans have been I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.ing about all their games starting at night, because it makes travel a pain in the rump. And even though I am not far from Athens, I didn't get home until well after all the West Coast games had ended.

Nothing is perfect. I would like to think our turnout would be much improved if the games did not start at noon. I am, however, skeptical.

They aren't nuts if you're sitting in your air-conditioned home, with a cold one on one side and the remote on the other.

Which is paying the bills.

It's a Catch-22 Faustian Bargain. The only way to keep up with the arms race is the TV money that led to the arms race in the first place.

C'mon - they lit up WW years after us...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Nothing is perfect. I would like to think our turnout would be much improved if the games did not start at noon. I am, however, skeptical.
    If our games were closer to San Antonio, I would attend. I've been able to catch us in the Sun Bowl and the Sweet Sixteen in Houston. The former had a mid-day start time, but it was December.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    If our games were closer to San Antonio, I would attend. I've been able to catch us in the Sun Bowl and the Sweet Sixteen in Houston. The former had a mid-day start time, but it was December.
    Sun Bowl was a great experience for me, other than the tattoo that gave me Hep D in Juarez.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Sun Bowl was a great experience for me, other than the tattoo that gave me Hep D in Juarez.
    So. You're saying it was hep you contracted in Juarez. AahHaHaHa!!! Hep??? That's a good one. ROFLMAO. HaHaHa, HeeHeeHee!!!

Oh...Just kidding. AahHaHaHa!!! HaHaHa, HeeHeeHee!!!

Aww...Too easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    So. You're saying it was hep you contracted in Juarez. AahHaHaHa!!! Hep??? That's a good one. ROFLMAO. HaHaHa, HeeHeeHee!!!

Oh...Just kidding. AahHaHaHa!!! HaHaHa, HeeHeeHee!!!

Aww...Too easy!
    I would laugh, except a side effect of Hep D is a loss of humor. As my posts since the Sun Bowl have painfully illustrated.