Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I took Seattle and they may well win but they are not looking like a very strong team.
    Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Not feeling great about Seattle right now.

In my ESPN entry I took Green Bay, but I had to use them last week in our league. Reasonable chance I will be out of both DBR pools by week 4.
    Apparently, at halftime the Seahawks were shown the DBR posts that CDu and I made and they came out angry!

Apparently, at halftime the Seahawks were shown the DBR posts that CDu and I made and they came out angry!
    Glad our bulletin board material sparked a victory to keep me alive!

And Pitt just crushed a lot of us. I'm not sure how many of us will make it to mid=season in the 1-strike pool!!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    And Pitt just crushed a lot of us. I'm not sure how many of us will make it to mid=season in the 1-strike pool!!
    And it wasn't even close...

Thankfully, I'm out. I'll see what's going on with the NFL around playoff time.

Bloodbath in both groups today. By my count, we'll be down to 4 in the one-strike group and 5 in the two-strike.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Bloodbath in both groups today. By my count, we'll be down to 4 in the one-strike group and 5 in the two-strike.
    I think we will have about 10 left in the two-strike league. But a bunch will have a strike.

I'm eliminated in the 2-Strike contest because I didn't enter a pick according to the website. I'm certain I entered a pick, but it doesn't matter because Pittsburgh was my selection. Probably forgot to hit save or submit or whatever. On to next year...
    Bob Green

I got crushed by Pitt yesterday in both pools. I still have 1 strike left in the 2-strike pool. I think there are only 4 left in the 1-strike pool.

I think there are only 4 left in the 1-strike pool.
    Yes, 4 in the 1-strike pool and 11 in the 2-strike pool. And only one of those in the 2-strike pool doesn't have a strike.

"The number one rule is to pick against bad teams..."

The challenge is typically figuring out which teams are bad enough to pick against. I would submit that Jacksonville - who has a dynamite defense and running game and was 2-2 coming in - probably shouldn't be on folks' bad list anymore.

Not that I think they are great. But I think the list of easy-pick teams is getting smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    "The number one rule is to pick against bad teams..."

The challenge is typically figuring out which teams are bad enough to pick against. I would submit that Jacksonville - who has a dynamite defense and running game and was 2-2 coming in - probably shouldn't be on folks' bad list anymore.

Not that I think they are great. But I think the list of easy-pick teams is getting smaller.
    The good teams are also less better than they used to be than the bad teams, if you follow me.

The good teams are also less better than they used to be than the bad teams, if you follow me.
    Yep. See, Patriots (who bit me in week 1), Seahawks, and Steelers, e.g.

I wonder if the distribution of results of the NFL season so far is statistically different from every game being a coin flip.

In the No Strike Pool, 3 of the 4 final contenders have selected the Broncos. 1 person, Statler, is already through with a pick of Houston.

In the 1 Strike Pool, there were 11 contestants remaining going into today. 3 are now out due to no pick(2) or Atlanta(1). 5 are through (Houston 4, Redskins 1). The remaining 3 have selected Denver.

Oops. Missed the cut today.

Danged real life.

Unless there is a big comeback, Denver is going to join Atlanta in bringing major losses to the pools.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    In the No Strike Pool, 3 of the 4 final contenders have selected the Broncos. 1 person, Statler, is already through with a pick of Houston.

In the 1 Strike Pool, there were 11 contestants remaining going into today. 3 are now out due to no pick(2) or Atlanta(1). 5 are through (Houston 4, Redskins 1). The remaining 3 have selected Denver.
    Unless there is a big comeback, Denver is going to join Atlanta in bringing major losses to the pools.
    That makes me the last man standing!
    As the Winner, Winner, I eagerly await the arrival from of my Chicken Dinner coupon.

As the Winner, Winner, I eagerly await the arrival from of my Chicken Dinner coupon.
    Congrats! Don't spend it all in one spot.

Congrats!

With the season being so young, we could run this back!

Congrats!

With the season being so young, we could run this back!
    Thanks!
    I'd be in for round 2.
    And seriously, when will my chicken coupon come?