Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    In case anyone is interested, I ended up trading Doug Martin for Derek Carr and Marquis Lee. We'll see how it plays out...
    Just seems like you could have gotten so much more. Doug is easily worth more than either of those two even put together. I just traded Doug, Fuller and Aaron Jones for Leonard Fourentte
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Just seems like you could have gotten so much more. Doug is easily worth more than either of those two even put together. I just traded Doug, Fuller and Aaron Jones for Leonard Fourentte
    I suspect you are correct. I'm deep at RB and trading Doug helped me upgrade at both QB and WR. Hopefully AP will score well in Ariz.

If I can flip AP or Jerrick McKinnon for Julio Jones straight up do I pull the trigger? I'm sitting on three solid RBs (the above mentioned plus LeSean McCoy), but wildly inconsistent receivers (Hilton, Tyreke Hill, Stefon Diggs). Trying to find some way to boost my receiving corps and seems like Jones could be a buy low.

I'm stuck sitting on two QBs which is eating into my bench space (Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins) but I feel like both are too good to drop and I can't find anyone in the league who needs a QB and also has desireable skill players.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    If I can flip AP or Jerrick McKinnon for Julio Jones straight up do I pull the trigger? I'm sitting on three solid RBs (the above mentioned plus LeSean McCoy), but wildly inconsistent receivers (Hilton, Tyreke Hill, Stefon Diggs). Trying to find some way to boost my receiving corps and seems like Jones could be a buy low.

I'm stuck sitting on two QBs which is eating into my bench space (Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins) but I feel like both are too good to drop and I can't find anyone in the league who needs a QB and also has desireable skill players.
    Are you kidding? Is the guy who owns Julio willing to make this move? You should do it in a heartbeat. WR touchdowns are really hard to predict and can come in waves. I won't be even remotely surprised if Julio scores 6 or 7 TDs in the next 4 or 5 weeks. There is a ton of pressure on Steve Sarkesian (the new Falcons OC) to get the ball to Julio more, especially in the red zone. Everyone is talking about it and Sark is very likely to get fired after one season if he is unable to fix an offense that is clearly broken (15th in scoring after easily leading the league last season). Everyone seems to say "get the damn ball to Julio more!!" is a major answer for him. At some point Sark is bound to listen.

-Jason "I'll bet you right now that Julio scores more fantasy points per game over the rest of the season than AP or McKinnon" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Breaking...

Deshawn Watson done for the season after a non-contact practice ACL injury. Real shame... This week's game against the Seahawks was one of the most entertaining games I have seen in a long time.

Hope he returns quickly and fully.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Breaking...

Deshawn Watson done for the season after a non-contact practice ACL injury. Real shame... This week's game against the Seahawks was one of the most entertaining games I have seen in a long time.

Hope he returns quickly and fully.
    Devastating news for all three of CDu’s teams. I had the foresight to grab him in all 3 the week before he blew up, despite having good QB options in 2 of the 3 leagues. Fortunately I still have Alex Smith, and can get Stafford in another. But in my third league (12-team PPR), I am screwed. I had already lost DJ, Cook, and Carson in that league. I have survived so far, but I think this one will do me in. Gonna be streaming the rest of the way in that league.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Are you kidding? Is the guy who owns Julio willing to make this move? You should do it in a heartbeat. WR touchdowns are really hard to predict and can come in waves. I won't be even remotely surprised if Julio scores 6 or 7 TDs in the next 4 or 5 weeks. There is a ton of pressure on Steve Sarkesian (the new Falcons OC) to get the ball to Julio more, especially in the red zone. Everyone is talking about it and Sark is very likely to get fired after one season if he is unable to fix an offense that is clearly broken (15th in scoring after easily leading the league last season). Everyone seems to say "get the damn ball to Julio more!!" is a major answer for him. At some point Sark is bound to listen.

-Jason "I'll bet you right now that Julio scores more fantasy points per game over the rest of the season than AP or McKinnon" Evans
    Agreed. Make that deal like yesterday if you can.

If I can flip AP or Jerrick McKinnon for Julio Jones straight up do I pull the trigger?
    Add me to the list of guys saying "yes, do that deal immediately if not sooner"

Well I'm the one who asked for the trade, he's "thinking about it." I was just getting a tad bit of cold feet, if AP's season is more like his first game than his second and Julio doesn't rebound it would be a loss on my part...overthinking at it's finest moat likely.

Well I'm the one who asked for the trade, he's "thinking about it." I was just getting a tad bit of cold feet, if AP's season is more like his first game than his second and Julio doesn't rebound it would be a loss on my part...overthinking at it's finest moat likely.
    I don’t see much chance AP rebounds, especially with Stanton at QB. And I don’t think Julio remains mediocre.

I have Zeke in one of my leagues and keep bouncing him between active and not depending on court rulings.

Well, he is active again. He was just granted another stay.

Question -- has he played this all wrong? He is raising the possibility that he won't be able to play in the playoffs, isn't he? Seems like he should have just taken his early season medicine and been done with it.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I have Zeke in one of my leagues and keep bouncing him between active and not depending on court rulings.

Question -- has he played this all wrong? He is raising the possibility that he won't be able to play in the playoffs, isn't he? Seems like he should have just taken his early season medicine and been done with it.
    By the way, I have Elliot, Leveon Bell, and Kareem Hunt in that league. Yes, I am dominating the league

He is using the UNC playbook. He will win a Super Bowl while delaying.

Let's hope that this question doesn't come into play at all. Having the Cowboys make the playoffs is like having UNCheat win against real student athletes.

Depends I guess. If he really is innocent then he is right to fight this and try to keep his name cleared. If he did do what they wanna punish him for then he just looks like a jack...butt
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

By the way, I have Elliot, Leveon Bell, and Kareem Hunt in that league. Yes, I am dominating the league
    Yeah you wont lose unless a major injury happens. I have Bell, Hunt and David Johnson in one league... o what could have been

Ok, so in my neverending quest to get value for Adrian Peterson, I now have an offer of Michael Crabtree for AP. Pros would be that Crabtree has a cake schedule the rest of the way, where Peterson has a tougher schedule (although I'm pretty much a playoff lock and likely to get a first round bye so I'm mostly worried about weeks 14/15-16 where things get a little easier for Peterson if he still has gas in the tank). Its basically a question of sacrificing RB depth for WR flexibility (and some consistency as all my recievers seem to be the boom or bust type) in a 3WR/2RB/Flex league where I have:

WR: Tyreke Hill, Stefon Diggs, TY Hilton, Sterling Shepard, Robby Anderson

RB: Leonard Fournette, Jerrick McKinnon, Adrian Peterson (for now), Tevin Coleman, and Kenyan Drake

Elliott apparently dropping his appeal. Looks like he is now officially out until week 16, meaning he will miss all but the championship game in most formats.

LOL Bills. Bench your starting QB, replacement throws more interceptions in the first half than Tyrod threw all season.

Clearly I angered the football gods somewhere along the line. I managed through a tough first half of the season, navigating early injuries to Woodhead, Ty Montgomery and Mariota, and was in second place in my league until... Jordy Nelson became useless due to Rodgers going down; DeShaun went down; Zeke finally began serving his suspension; Cameron Brate falling out of favor when Jameis Winston went down; and to add insult to injury as I limped along, today I lost both Chris Thompson and Kelvin Benjamin.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block