Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    I have the top 2 quarterbacks in Deshaun Watson and Dak Prescott - I'm going to need to fight to make the playoffs, so I can't afford to hold onto both for depth. Which one to trade?
    Tough call. See what you could get for each. Watson might net a higher return, but you never know. And if the difference in return isn't worth it, maybe you trade Prescott.

Should I trade away Amari Cooper in a non-PPR league for Marquis Lee?

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I wouldn't. Huge difference in talent. And when Carr comes back, they'll get Cooper figured out.

I have the top 2 quarterbacks in Deshaun Watson and Dak Prescott - I'm going to need to fight to make the playoffs, so I can't afford to hold onto both for depth. Which one to trade?
    How many teams in your league and how large is your bench? Sure you can't hold both and finagle with some of your bottom feeder bench guys to navigate bye weeks? I usually try really hard not to roster 2 QBs because it really hurts roster flexibility, but I'm doing it in all three leagues this year, the free agent pool is just a wasteland for some reason (as in Jacoby Brissett isn't even available, and it just gets worse from there). I would rather keep both QBs for Watson's bye week and the possibility of injury/tough matchups later in the season unless you have a gaping hole you need to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I wouldn't. Huge difference in talent. And when Carr comes back, they'll get Cooper figured out.
    I agree about the talent difference. I was really happy to draft Cooper. But wow has Cooper been useless. Lee has a game where he caught 12 balls. Cooper has 13 catches on the season. I'll still keep Cooper and hope he comes around but having him and Mart. Bryant is a bit frustrating.

This is easy for me. Watson has a way over inflated value right now so trade him. Dak is the better qb and is top 2 in consistency since last year. Dak also is the only qb to be top 12 every week. Watson is a rookie and his level of play is unsustainable, not to mention his crazy stats last game were inflated due to garbage time.

You must trade 1 though, keeping 2 qbs in a 12 team league (or less) is silly.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

I would package him and one of your rbs to try and upgrade at rb honestly.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    This is easy for me. Watson has a way over inflated value right now so trade him. Dak is the better qb and is top 2 in consistency since last year. Dak also is the only qb to be top 12 every week. Watson is a rookie and his level of play is unsustainable, not to mention his crazy stats last game were inflated due to garbage time.

You must trade 1 though, keeping 2 qbs in a 12 team league (or less) is silly.
    I agree with everything you said except the last line. I ALWAYS keep a backup QB for bye weeks, injuries, slumps, bad matchups or the reserve having a strong stretch.

But yeah, trade Watson today or sooner. He is wildly inflated right now.

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    I would package him and one of your rbs to try and upgrade at rb honestly.
    Normally, I'd agree with you but my RB's are Shady McCoy, Kareem Hunt, Doug Martin, Duke Johnson and Adrian Peterson.

When my WR's were Amari Cooper, DeAndre Hopkins and Martavious Bryant, I thought I was stacked.

Is Chris Johnson the best Arizona RB to replace David Johnson with? I took Andre Ellington (well, actually I took him and Kerwynn, and then immediately dropped Kerwynn when he sucked), and I think it may be the better long term pick.
    It is certainly looking good for Ellington. Unfortunately for me, Johnson was the only one still available at my waiver spot (two weeks ago). Johnson won lead-back duties, but Ellington has remained very involved in the passing game. Hard to say if his incredible efficiency will hold up. But he has been unquestionably the most productive back.
    Well, looks like we're both screwed in the end. AP completely taking hold of the Arizona runningback duties.

Argh...some guy in my league who lost Rodgers turned down Alex Smith for AJ Green and took Philip Rivers from his roommate instead...what might have been...

Now Zeke is unsuspended again.

While I looked dead earlier, I've now won 4 of 5, and while not a good team, a decent team. I've made several moves and have offered trades (with no success). But I'm still kicking. Here's my current team, after losing Beckham and Mariota for a few weeks:

Dumped several players and now have:

Mariota
    Trubisky

Ingram
    Dixon
    Dion Lewis
    White (also Pats)
    McFadden

AJ
    Tyreek
    Cupp
    Kearse
    Wallace
    a few other wr's

weak at te: have Reed now

Kicker: KC kicker

Rams D (have scored a lot, but not consistently).

Very thin team, but keep winning, barely. So far. Should've lost last two games and haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I agree with everything you said except the last line. I ALWAYS keep a backup QB for bye weeks, injuries, slumps, bad matchups or the reserve having a strong stretch.

But yeah, trade Watson today or sooner. He is wildly inflated right now.
    Seems pointless to me. So many streamable qbs during bye weeks, even in 12 team leagues.

trade offer

I'm being offered Carr (QB) and Marquis Lee (WR) for Duke Johnson and Amari Cooper. My roster looks like this:

QB: Siemian, Keenam
    RB: McCoy, Hunt, Doug Martin, AP, Duke Johnson,
    WR: Hopkins, Cooper, M.Bryant, John Brown, Adam Humphries, Galloway
    TE: Brate
    D/K: Streaming weekly, currently J.Elliot and Bills

Carson Palmer was my starting QB (I drafted Luck but alas he has not lived up to his last name)

Cooper is coming off his 1 good game. Lee has more decent games and is a bit dinged up with a knee
    I don't start Johnson much with the other RB's I have
    Having Carr should improve my QB situation

The other offer we discussed was simply Doug Martin for Derek Carr (he has most of his team on bye this week).

Thoughts?

Ah, the twists and turns of the Ezekiel Elliott case. Injunction denied, will be suspended again starting tomorrow. Unless another appeal is granted and he wins, it looks like he'll be out through the first week of the playoffs for most leagues.

That being said, there has been so much back and forth on this that it is anyone's guess.

I'm being offered Carr (QB) and Marquis Lee (WR) for Duke Johnson and Amari Cooper. My roster looks like this:

QB: Siemian, Keenam
    RB: McCoy, Hunt, Doug Martin, AP, Duke Johnson,
    WR: Hopkins, Cooper, M.Bryant, John Brown, Adam Humphries, Galloway
    TE: Brate
    D/K: Streaming weekly, currently J.Elliot and Bills

Carson Palmer was my starting QB (I drafted Luck but alas he has not lived up to his last name)

Cooper is coming off his 1 good game. Lee has more decent games and is a bit dinged up with a knee
    I don't start Johnson much with the other RB's I have
    Having Carr should improve my QB situation

The other offer we discussed was simply Doug Martin for Derek Carr (he has most of his team on bye this week).

Thoughts?
    In case anyone is interested, I ended up trading Doug Martin for Derek Carr and Marquis Lee. We'll see how it plays out...

More news of interest: Miami has traded Jay Ajayi to Philadelphia. This eliminates the value of other Eagles' RBs, while it probably makes Kenyan Drake a nice waiver add.

More news of interest: Miami has traded Jay Ajayi to Philadelphia. This eliminates the value of other Eagles' RBs, while it probably makes Kenyan Drake a nice waiver add.
    I own both Ajayi and Blount, and I'm bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I own both Ajayi and Blount, and I'm bummed.
    I'm a fan of what has to be the worst 4-3 team in NFL history, and I'm bummed.