Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    Well, thus far I'm doing great... sort of. I'm 2-0, and the 2nd lowest scoring team in the league. Week 1, I squeezed out an 81.32 to 81.12 victory. But the next week, I won by 4 times as much... 78.92 to 78.12. Sometimes, you just have to laugh at things working out, or not. Though I have been fretting about possible stat corrections...
    I'm 2-0 in both my leagues. One game I won this week, I looked at every other match up for the week and I would have lost to the winner of the other 5 games. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

I'm sitting at 1-1 in two leagues and 0-2 in a third. In that third league, I had the second-highest score of the week in week 1, but lost to the team with the top score for the week. All 3 of my teams stunk this past week, though. Hoping for better fortune moving forward.

In my 12-team league (1-1), I'm scrambling because of the David Johnson injury. I picked up Chris Carson and will try to get Chris Johnson, but my RBs are going to suffer. I went RB/WR/WR in the draft, so my next RBs were Dalvin Cook and (later) Frank Gore. I gotta hope that either Carson or Rawls secures the full-time job and that I get CJ (and that he becomes the full-time guy).

In my other leagues, Jordan Howard and bad weeks by key WRs did me in. Hopefully that doesn't become a lingering problem.

My three teams this year might be the three worst teams I've had since I started playing fantasy, real potential of finishing dead last for all 3 which I've never done before. Had some hope for one before David Johnson went down. Here's hoping for some waiver wire magic in the coming weeks.

Rough weekend for me in my 12-team PPR league. I had already lost David Johnson to injury in week 1. I was able to pick up CJ0K, Chris Carson, and Rob Kelley (whose owner dropped him after his rib injury). But yesterday I may have also lost Dalvin Cook (ACL) and Carson (knee/ankle) for at least significant time.

Oy. Tough luck. Oddly, I am in second in that league heading towards 3-1. But it is going to be tough to stay afloat if my RBs keep dropping like flies.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Rough weekend for me in my 12-team PPR league. I had already lost David Johnson to injury in week 1. I was able to pick up CJ0K, Chris Carson, and Rob Kelley (whose owner dropped him after his rib injury). But yesterday I may have also lost Dalvin Cook (ACL) and Carson (knee/ankle) for at least significant time.
    Is Chris Johnson the best Arizona RB to replace David Johnson with? I took Andre Ellington (well, actually I took him and Kerwynn, and then immediately dropped Kerwynn when he sucked), and I think it may be the better long term pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    Is Chris Johnson the best Arizona RB to replace David Johnson with? I took Andre Ellington (well, actually I took him and Kerwynn, and then immediately dropped Kerwynn when he sucked), and I think it may be the better long term pick.
    It is certainly looking good for Ellington. Unfortunately for me, Johnson was the only one still available at my waiver spot (two weeks ago). Johnson won lead-back duties, but Ellington has remained very involved in the passing game. Hard to say if his incredible efficiency will hold up. But he has been unquestionably the most productive back.

Oy. Tough luck. Oddly, I am in second in that league heading towards 3-1. But it is going to be tough to stay afloat if my RBs keep dropping like flies.
    Losing Dalvin Cook is going to hurt my 12-team PPR league team as well. He was my #1 back. I'm left with Abdullah, Powell, Chris Thompson and Frank Gore. All solid #2 and #3 guys but I no longer have a #1, 3 down, back. I'm 4-0 in that league (some good scoring, some good luck).

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Losing Dalvin Cook is going to hurt my 12-team PPR league team as well. He was my #1 back. I'm left with Abdullah, Powell, Chris Thompson and Frank Gore. All solid #2 and #3 guys but I no longer have a #1, 3 down, back. I'm 4-0 in that league (some good scoring, some good luck).
    Yeah, Cook was my #2 back. My #1 back was David Johnson. I have pretty good WRs (well, at least I WILL have pretty good WRs once Luck comes back) in Hilton, Demaryius Thomas, and Fitzgerald. But now my RBs are Gore, Carson (now hurt as well, possibly serious), Kelley (still hurt), and CJ0K.

And since like you I'm going to be near the bottom of my waiver wire, I'm unlikely to get a good replacement. Not that these guys are great options, but I'm hoping that Latavius Murray falls to me somehow, or else I'm going to have to take a speculative add on one of Collins, Gallman, Lacy, McGuire, etc., in hopes one of them lands the job. Yeesh.

I'm actually contemplating benching my QB (Cousins) tonight to take the loss so that I can move to 2-2 instead of 3-1, and get higher on the waiver order. It could mean the difference in 5-6 spots on the waiver list. And in that league, 8 of the 12 teams make the playoffs anyway, so I would be in good shape for that. But it feels unethical. I guess the more sporting move would be to keep him in the lineup and hope he does poorly enough for me to lose anyway. But the "I want to win money" part of me thinks strategery is the way to go here.

Yeah, Cook was my #2 back. My #1 back was David Johnson. I have pretty good WRs (well, at least I WILL have pretty good WRs once Luck comes back) in Hilton, Demaryius Thomas, and Fitzgerald. But now my RBs are Gore, Carson (now hurt as well, possibly serious), Kelley (still hurt), and CJ0K.

And since like you I'm going to be near the bottom of my waiver wire, I'm unlikely to get a good replacement. Not that these guys are great options, but I'm hoping that Latavius Murray falls to me somehow, or else I'm going to have to take a speculative add on one of Collins, Gallman, Lacy, McGuire, etc., in hopes one of them lands the job. Yeesh.

I'm actually contemplating benching my QB (Cousins) tonight to take the loss so that I can move to 2-2 instead of 3-1, and get higher on the waiver order. It could mean the difference in 5-6 spots on the waiver list. And in that league, 8 of the 12 teams make the playoffs anyway, so I would be in good shape for that. But it feels unethical. I guess the more sporting move would be to keep him in the lineup and hope he does poorly enough for me to lose anyway. But the "I want to win money" part of me thinks strategery is the way to go here.
    In the league where I lost Cook, we bid for players. If I want to pick up Murray, it's going to cost me about $25. Did you play Kirk last night? He had the Chiefs beat until Doctson dropped the game winning TD :-(

Coming in to Sunday night I needed 6 points out of Doug Baldwin and Jamison Crowder to win this week.

I lost... probably need to drop Jamison. Love him, but he has been a major fantasy bust this season. Really hurt me that Crabtree was out this week.

Still, 2-2 in one league and 4-0 in the other... I'll take it.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Coming in to Sunday night I needed 6 points out of Doug Baldwin and Jamison Crowder to win this week.

I lost... probably need to drop Jamison. Love him, but he has been a major fantasy bust this season. Really hurt me that Crabtree was out this week.

I started Crowder over Crabtree as well but still won. I've also thought about dropping Crowder

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Dougie B is Wilson's go-to receiver. His value will likely increase as the Seahawks running game just imploded on Sunday night.
    Let's go Duke!

In the league where I lost Cook, we bid for players. If I want to pick up Murray, it's going to cost me about $25. Did you play Kirk last night? He had the Chiefs beat until Doctson dropped the game winning TD :-(
    I did play Cousins, and won to move to 3-1. It just didn't feel right to not play him. It ultimately cost me only three spots on the waiver wire, so hopefully I can still get someone useful (picking 9th on waivers). I definitely won't get Murray though.

It's a long season, and the rest of my team is really good. Hopefully I can get fortunate in the playoffs. At this point, I have to hang on to David Johnson in the hopes that he returns. That's probably my only chance come playoff time.

Sooo...when you're evaluating whether to start Alex Collins, Wayne Gallman, Chris Johnson or Joe Mixon as your RB2 and Flex things are looking bleak right?

Appeals court overtutns Zeke's injunction. As of now, that means he is out for six games starting now. Would be back for week 13.

Appeals court overtutns Zeke's injunction. As of now, that means he is out for six games starting now. Would be back for week 13.

As a Redskins fan, this makes me very very very very happy. Plus I don't own him in any of my leagues (bonus).

As a Redskins fan, this makes me very very very very happy. Plus I don't own him in any of my leagues (bonus).
    I went out and grabbed McFadden as a speculative add. Don't know if he will get the gig, but worth a roster spot in case.

I went out and grabbed McFadden as a speculative add. Don't know if he will get the gig, but worth a roster spot in case.
    I'm considering it...player bids due in by tomorrow night.

I have the top 2 quarterbacks in Deshaun Watson and Dak Prescott - I'm going to need to fight to make the playoffs, so I can't afford to hold onto both for depth. Which one to trade?

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    I have the top 2 quarterbacks in Deshaun Watson and Dak Prescott - I'm going to need to fight to make the playoffs, so I can't afford to hold onto both for depth. Which one to trade?
    Prescott.