Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    EE was just granted a restraining order allowing him to play this season until his court case if fully resolved. Seems fairly likely that, much like Mr. Brady in 2015, Elliott will play all 16 games this year.

He just became the biggest steal of just about any draft (seems like he went late 2nd in most drafts) and my choice of Darren McFadden in one of my drafts just became a totally wasted pick. Yay!

-Jason "I scooped up Elliott with the 25th pick in one league... I'm totally gonna win that league now" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Smith or Bradford

In one of my leagues my QB's are Luck and Palmer. Luck is injured and Palmer was horrible week 1. I can pick up Alex Smith or Sam Bradford as free agents today (probably drop Duke Johnson). I'm thinking I keep Palmer 1 more week simply because he's playing the Colts (and I think the Clemson Tigers might beat the Colts <-- kidding).

Anyone have an opinion? My current thinking is that Smith is fools gold. Yes, he killed it week 1 but history shows that he just isn't a high scoring fantasy QB. Bradford (when he's not injured) plays pretty well and the Vikings seem to have put together a decent O-Line for him

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    In one of my leagues my QB's are Luck and Palmer. Luck is injured and Palmer was horrible week 1. I can pick up Alex Smith or Sam Bradford as free agents today (probably drop Duke Johnson). I'm thinking I keep Palmer 1 more week simply because he's playing the Colts (and I think the Clemson Tigers might beat the Colts <-- kidding).
    Wow, are there literally no other options? Maybe make a trade for someone like Dak Prescott or Matthew Stafford?

Meanwhile, everyone who drafted #1 and took David Johnson and then did not have another pick for 20 more picks and now finds your #1 pick will be out for at least a couple months, raise your hand. Grrrrrr.

-Jason "raises hand" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Never been in a league, but my brother started one this year, so I'm a rookie. 1-0 so far, beginners luck!

Devastating news on David Johnson. In my 12-team PPR league, I got the first pick and took Johnson. Unfortunately for me, he is now out at least 2-3 months, possibly until Christmas. Doubling the burn, I won in week 1 and am thus 11th on the waiver wire. So it is unlikely I will get a meaningful replacement. Uggh!

This marks the second year in a row I got decimated by injury to my top pick. Last year it was AP. Bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Wow, are there literally no other options? Maybe make a trade for someone like Dak Prescott or Matthew Stafford?

Meanwhile, everyone who drafted #1 and took David Johnson and then did not have another pick for 20 more picks and now finds your #1 pick will be out for at least a couple months, raise your hand. Grrrrrr.

<Raises Hand>

That, plus picking up Brady at the turn of the draft killed me in Week 1.
    "There can BE only one."

I picked up Kerwynn Williams in one of my leagues (off waivers). That was free. In my other league we bid for players on Friday so I have a decision to make there (if I bid and how much). Last year I drafted A.Peterson in the first round. He got hurt, my team got hurt.

To answer your QB question, these are the best two options available. I could make a trade but I'd have to give something useful up whereas if I pick up Smith or Bradford I can drop Duke Johnson who didn't see the ball week 1.

To answer your QB question, these are the best two options available. I could make a trade but I'd have to give something useful up whereas if I pick up Smith or Bradford I can drop Duke Johnson who didn't see the ball week 1.
    Are they the best two available, or are they the two that had the highest score in week 1? In other words, is, say Tyrod Taylor available? He's available in my 12-team league, for example, and I'd rather have Taylor than Smith or Bradford. Philip Rivers is available in my 10-team leagues, and I'd rather have him than either of those first two as well. Or I might stream a QB like Carson Palmer (yeah, he stunk last week, but he plays the Colts this week) instead. But I certainly wouldn't put bids on Smith or Bradford when I suspect they could be had for free after waivers clear, and when I suspect there are better options available.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Are they the best two available, or are they the two that had the highest score in week 1? In other words, is, say Tyrod Taylor available? He's available in my 12-team league, for example, and I'd rather have Taylor than Smith or Bradford. Philip Rivers is available in my 10-team leagues, and I'd rather have him than either of those first two as well. Or I might stream a QB like Carson Palmer (yeah, he stunk last week, but he plays the Colts this week) instead. But I certainly wouldn't put bids on Smith or Bradford when I suspect they could be had for free after waivers clear, and when I suspect there are better options available.
    Thanks for the feedback CDu. Yes, Taylor is available. In the case of Smith, I'm not buying him after just one week (too many games in his past with too few points). With Bradford, it's a similar case although they did seem to upgrade their O-Line so perhaps it's more than just a good week. To be clear, the league in which I'm looking at QB's today is a free league so the pickup wouldn't cost me anything (other than dropping Duke Johnson). I do plan on starting Palmer against the Colts either way. I'd just be picking up one of the other QB's to give me choices to stream over the next couple of weeks. I'm hoping that once Luck returns I can start him...he might have to throw a lot since they are likely to be down.

[Q

-Jason "raises hand" Evans[/QUOTE]

"Raising my hand too with Johnson going down. Also lost Woodson and Amendola. Going to be a long year.

Thanks for the feedback CDu. Yes, Taylor is available. In the case of Smith, I'm not buying him after just one week (too many games in his past with too few points). With Bradford, it's a similar case although they did seem to upgrade their O-Line so perhaps it's more than just a good week. To be clear, the league in which I'm looking at QB's today is a free league so the pickup wouldn't cost me anything (other than dropping Duke Johnson). I do plan on starting Palmer against the Colts either way. I'd just be picking up one of the other QB's to give me choices to stream over the next couple of weeks. I'm hoping that once Luck returns I can start him...he might have to throw a lot since they are likely to be down.
    Ah, okay. I think that Palmer has a pretty fantastic schedule for the next few weeks, so you may be okay just rolling with him. But I think Taylor offers the safest bet aside from Palmer. He isn't going to throw for a ton of yards, but he's going to get 3-5 points rushing pretty much weekly, and that's a big boost to his floor. He's quietly, consistently one of the top 15 QBs week in and week out.

Ah, okay. I think that Palmer has a pretty fantastic schedule for the next few weeks, so you may be okay just rolling with him. But I think Taylor offers the safest bet aside from Palmer. He isn't going to throw for a ton of yards, but he's going to get 3-5 points rushing pretty much weekly, and that's a big boost to his floor. He's quietly, consistently one of the top 15 QBs week in and week out.
    Yeah, I'd take Taylor in a heartbeat over Smith and probably over Bradford too. Elvis, can you list all the QBs available right now? Perhaps one of us will have a strong feeling about one of them.

Yeah, I'd take Taylor in a heartbeat over Smith and probably over Bradford too. Elvis, can you list all the QBs available right now? Perhaps one of us will have a strong feeling about one of them.
    Looking at all viable options (meaning it listed Colin and RG3):

Tyrod Taylor, Bradford, Smith, Kizer, Bortles, Glennon, Siemien, Goff

A few schedules:

Palmer: Indy, Dallas, SF, Phil, TB, LA
    Taylor: Carolina, Den, Atl, Cin, Bye, TB
    Bradford: Pitt, TB, Det, Chi, GB
    Smith: Phil, Chargers, Wash, Hou, Pitt

Ironically, as I was looking at QB's this morning I had looked at schedules for Bardford and Smith but not Palmer.

Looking at all viable options (meaning it listed Colin and RG3):

Tyrod Taylor, Bradford, Smith, Kizer, Bortles, Glennon, Siemien, Goff

A few schedules:

Palmer: Indy, Dallas, SF, Phil, TB, LA
    Taylor: Carolina, Den, Atl, Cin, Bye, TB
    Bradford: Pitt, TB, Det, Chi, GB
    Smith: Phil, Chargers, Wash, Hou, Pitt

Ironically, as I was looking at QB's this morning I had looked at schedules for Bardford and Smith but not Palmer.
    I love TyGod but his schedule for a few weeks is rough! I'm fine with Palmer who has juicy matchups for the next 3 weeks and his run game won't be there so look for tons of passing.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Devastating news on David Johnson. In my 12-team PPR league, I got the first pick and took Johnson. Unfortunately for me, he is now out at least 2-3 months, possibly until Christmas. Doubling the burn, I won in week 1 and am thus 11th on the waiver wire. So it is unlikely I will get a meaningful replacement. Uggh!

This marks the second year in a row I got decimated by injury to my top pick. Last year it was AP. Bad luck.
    I love 12 team leagues but not for ppr. In standard I use the same basic strategy every year and so far I've never been worse than 3rd in scoring.

Basically I want 5 bell cow rbs or rbs who will get enough touches for their talent by round 8 even if I have to reach.

This year I had pick 5 and before me went DJ/Bell/AB/Shady. So I grabbed Julio Jones 1st round. When it came back I had to go rb no matter what imo so I nabbed Zeke. After the turn I still had the same thought process and went Gurley (sheer volume play only).

Now I wanted to go rb again but all the guys left were in time shares or had to uncertain of a situation for me to grab them (Mixon, Gillislee, Peterson, Ingram, Lacy) so I went best wr again and got Keenan Allen. Now with 2 great wrs I figured I must go rb again for the next 3 straight (this is where I reached but it pays off in the long run). I went Doug Martin, Ameer Abdullah and Terrance West all of which have little competition and volume to work with.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    I love 12 team leagues but not for ppr. In standard I use the same basic strategy every year and so far I've never been worse than 3rd in scoring.

Basically I want 5 bell cow rbs or rbs who will get enough touches for their talent by round 8 even if I have to reach.

This year I had pick 5 and before me went DJ/Bell/AB/Shady. So I grabbed Julio Jones 1st round. When it came back I had to go rb no matter what imo so I nabbed Zeke. After the turn I still had the same thought process and went Gurley (sheer volume play only).

Now I wanted to go rb again but all the guys left were in time shares or had to uncertain of a situation for me to grab them (Mixon, Gillislee, Peterson, Ingram, Lacy) so I went best wr again and got Keenan Allen. Now with 2 great wrs I figured I must go rb again for the next 3 straight (this is where I reached but it pays off in the long run). I went Doug Martin, Ameer Abdullah and Terrance West all of which have little competition and volume to work with.
    Yeah, I have never played in a PPR league before, but was invited to this one by my neighbors. My team should still be competitive, but I am going to be doing it with smoke and mirrors until I can figure something out at RB.

In my other two leagues all is going well. I won with the high score in one and lost with the second-highest score (I faced Kareem Hunt) in the other. Sitting at 1-0 in the PPR league too, with the second-highest score. Just need to find my way into the playoffs and hope for luck from there.

So in one of my leagues, you guys helped me discuss my QB options last week, thanks for that. In my other league I accepted an interesting trade on Friday. First let me say that in that this league, good QB's can score a lot of points because you get 1 pt per completion and -1 pt per incompletion. So a QB that makes a lot of throws and has a good completion % can roll up tons of points (like the 57 Brady put up this week). So I accepted a trade where I gave up Julio Jones and in return I received Drew Brees and Emanuel Sanders. We will see how it plays out as the season progresses. For this week, Sanders scored more points than Jones and Brees scored almost 20 more points than my other QB, Mariota. Julio has been really consistent for a long time so there's a chance I hurt myself here but Brees in this league can be worth his weigh in gold.

So I'm dead last in my league and can't figure how to dig out of my current hole as we have a double-game week this weekend. I'm picking up Chris Johnson tonight to hopefully help. None of my skill players have done anything remotely close to good so far. High scorer thru two weeks so far is the Rams D, week one, which I, of course, had on the bench. I'm trying not to overthink this. First pick was Odell (crappy start), then AJ (crappy offense). Blah, blah, blah. I suck, simply put. Need some offense somewhere, but doubt it. I've had a grand total of 3 TDs in the 2 games by starters. Had a good day until I started typing this post, now I'm just depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    So I'm dead last in my league and can't figure how to dig out of my current hole as we have a double-game week this weekend. I'm picking up Chris Johnson tonight to hopefully help. None of my skill players have done anything remotely close to good so far. High scorer thru two weeks so far is the Rams D, week one, which I, of course, had on the bench. I'm trying not to overthink this. First pick was Odell (crappy start), then AJ (crappy offense). Blah, blah, blah. I suck, simply put. Need some offense somewhere, but doubt it. I've had a grand total of 3 TDs in the 2 games by starters. Had a good day until I started typing this post, now I'm just depressed.
    Well, the good news is that OBJ and Green will get better. The bad news is that your RB situation is bad. At this point, you are in the unenviable position of having to hope for injuries to open up a chance for RBs to get jobs.

Some thoughts: is Chris Carson still available? How about Javorius Allen? Those two appear to have a shot at unexpectedly big roles in their respective backfields. CJ might help too, although he still has to win the job (had the fewest snaps this week).

Beyond that? Don't sweat it. It is a game, it is supposed to be fun. Find a way to make/keep it fun for you. Don't let it get you down.

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Well, thus far I'm doing great... sort of. I'm 2-0, and the 2nd lowest scoring team in the league. Week 1, I squeezed out an 81.32 to 81.12 victory. But the next week, I won by 4 times as much... 78.92 to 78.12. Sometimes, you just have to laugh at things working out, or not. Though I have been fretting about possible stat corrections...