Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Just completed draft, will post more tomorrow. Time to rest the brain, what's left of it.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    My first draft is done as well. This is a no money league, standard scoring:

Flying Elvises
    1.(5)LeSean McCoy (Buf - RB)
    2.(20)Amari Cooper (Oak - WR)
    3.(29)DeAndre Hopkins (Hou - WR)
    4.(44)Kareem Hunt (KC - RB)
    5.(53)Martavis Bryant (Pit - WR)
    6.(68)Doug Martin (TB - RB)
    7.(77)Tyler Eifert (Cin - TE)
    8.(92)Paul Perkins (NYG - RB)
    9.(101)Andrew Luck (Ind - QB)
    10.(116)John Brown (Ari - WR)
    11.(125)Duke Johnson Jr. (Cle - RB)
    12.(140)Carson Palmer (Ari - QB)
    13.(149)Coby Fleener (NO - TE)
    14.(164)Josh Doctson (Was - WR)
    15.(173)Los Angeles (LAR - DEF)
    16.(188)Stephen Hauschka (Buf - K)

Next draft is Monday night for a PPR league where we put in some money up front and bid on players all season. I can win some decent cash if I win that one. That's the league where my keepers are Eifert and Powell and they will cost me a 9th and and 8th round pick. I'll pick third, D.Johnson is a keeper and the two Pitt players will come off the board 1 and 2 so I have an early decision to make (McCoy or OBJ or Jones or ?).
    Next draft. PPR - Powell and Eifert were keepers. Note sure how I feel about it yet..

1.(3)Julio Jones (Atl - WR)
    2.(22)Dalvin Cook (Min - RB)
    3.(27)Keenan Allen (LAC - WR)
    4.(46)Ameer Abdullah (Det - RB)
    5.(51)Marcus Mariota (Ten - QB)
    6.(70)Jarvis Landry (Mia - WR)
    7.(75)Frank Gore (Ind - RB)
    8.(94)Bilal Powell  (NYJ - RB)
    9.(99)Tyler Eifert  (Cin - TE)
    10.(118)Donte Moncrief (Ind - WR)
    11.(123)Carson Wentz (Phi - QB)
    12.(142)Austin Hooper (Atl - TE)
    13.(147)Los Angeles (LAR - DEF)
    14.(166)Mike Williams (LAC - WR)
    15.(171)Sebastian Janikowski (Oak - K)

I reached for Mariota because there was only 2 QB's left in my 2nd tier and in this league QB's matter more (you get 1 pt per completion and lose a point for an incomplete pass). Landry and Moncrief were best available at the time and Gore was best RB I could see when I thought I needed one (same with Abdullah).

Particulars: 12 team, 1/2PPR w/flex, no keepers.

Odell Beckham 10th pick
    A.J. Green 15
    Mark Ingram 34
    Joe Mixon 39
    Jordan Reed 58
    Tyreek Hill 63
    Marcus Mariota 82
    Thomas Rawls 87
    James White 106
    Corey Davis 111
    Jay Cutler 130
    Eric Ebron 135
    Rams 154
    Sebastian Janikowski 159
    Cooper Kupp 178
    Patriots 183

Weakness at RB, IMO. But not unhappy. Was given draft grade of A (2nd best in league) by CBS.
    Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Odell Beckham 10th pick
    A.J. Green 15
    Mark Ingram 34
    Joe Mixon 39
    No way OBJ was the 10th pick, was he? Please show your entire first round. I can't figure out how he could go #10 unless folks overdrafted some RBs or they felt that Jordy Nelson and Mike Evans should go ahead of OBJ (which is defensible, but not conventional thinking).

This is the year to wait on QBs. I count at least 12 guys, perhaps as many as 14 or 15, who could all have very good years. In the one draft I have completed, I waited until the 8th round and got Mariotta and then I picked up Winston as a backup in the 11th. If you can tell me with any certainty that my QBs are worse than the guy who drafted Kirk Cousins in the 4th round or Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, and Andrew Luck in the 5th then you are lying.

-Jason "we play with 6 point passing TDs, so QBs get overvalued but I still think waiting until late is a smart move" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Odell Beckham 10th pick
    A.J. Green 15
    Mark Ingram 34
    Joe Mixon 39
    Jordan Reed 58
    Tyreek Hill 63
    Marcus Mariota 82
    Thomas Rawls 87
    James White 106
    Corey Davis 111
    Jay Cutler 130
    Eric Ebron 135
    Rams 154
    Sebastian Janikowski 159
    Cooper Kupp 178
    Patriots 183

Weakness at RB, IMO. But not unhappy. Was given draft grade of A (2nd best in league) by CBS.
    Thoughts?
    These first 4 picks are intriguing. Looking at 1/2 PPR consensus rankings on FantasyPros.com I see this:
    OBJ - 4
    AJ - 9
    Ingram - 50
    Mixon - 46

Looking at that, you did fantastic picking OBJ and AJ up at 10 and 15 but reached for the RB's.

I was just looking at the rounds of our draft trying to see where I should have made changes. I reached for Mariota but I had him a 2nd tier of QB's and because of our QB point system, I needed to get a QB from that tier.

Odell Beckham 10th pick
    A.J. Green 15
    Mark Ingram 34
    Joe Mixon 39
    Jordan Reed 58
    Tyreek Hill 63
    Marcus Mariota 82
    Thomas Rawls 87
    James White 106
    Corey Davis 111
    Jay Cutler 130
    Eric Ebron 135
    Rams 154
    Sebastian Janikowski 159
    Cooper Kupp 178
    Patriots 183

Thoughts?
    Obviously getting OBJ at 10 in PPR seems a steal, and Green at 15 is similarly nice. I do wonder what others were doing in round 1. I love getting Reed at 58, which seems way late. So that is great.

I feel like there were probably better RB options at 34 and 39 (and pater). Having no RBs with clear, unthreatened lead-back duties is definitely shaky.

Finally, is this a 2-QB league? If not, I feel like the Cutler pick at 130 was a missed opportunity to take a flier at RB. Same questions regarding the Ebron pick, and for taking two defenses.

Just completed my third league draft last night. The first two are 10-team standard leagues:

10-team standard #1 (picked 10th):
    QB: Luck (111); Mariota (round 131)
    RB1: Gordon (10)
    RB2: J. Howard (11)
    WR1: Pryor (30)
    WR2: K. Allen (31)
    Flex: K. Benjamin (50)
    TE: Graham (71)
    DEF: Rams (streamer vs Luck-less Colts week 1, pick 150)
    K: Bailey (151)
    Bench:
    Gore (51)
    D. Parker (70)
    D. Martin (90)
    Blount (91)
    J. Rodgers (110)
    K. White (130)

My biggest regret in this one was gambling on Luck's readiness rather than simply taking Kirk Cousins with my round-12 pick. That forced me to take a second QB (Mariota) in round 14. I'm also a little nervous at WR, with several boom-or-bust options. But I feel really good at RB, and that's the price you pay for drafting RBs in the first two rounds. And I'm really pleased to have Graham at TE. And while I probably took the wrong QB in round 12, it didn't cost me much and I have a pretty good alternative in the short term.

I'm excited about the Doug Martin/Jacquizz Rodgers combo late in the draft, as I'm hopeful it produces an RB2 quality player for me.

My second team (also a 10-team standard, I picked 5th):

QB: Newton (85)
    RB1: McCoy (5)
    RB2: Howard (16)
    WR1: A. Cooper (25
    WR2: K. Benjamin (45)
    FLEX: M. Lynch (36)
    TE: Doyle (136)
    DEF: Rams (156, streamer)
    K: Lutz (145)
    Bench:
    Gore (56)
    D. Parker (65)
    Decker (76)
    Lacy (96)
    Rawls (105)
    Snead (116)
    K. White (125)

This league got flip-flopped from the last league, as TEs went earlier than I wanted instead of QBs. So I got stuck waiting until very late and taking Doyle. Not thrilled about that, each of the TEs I was interested in went 2 rounds earlier than I would have taken them. So, I'm stuck hoping for Doyle to be a tolerable borderline TE1/TE2.

Like in my other league, I paired two guys in good offenses late at RB (this time Lacy/Rawls). If I was sure to get those two, I'd likely have passed on Gore in the 6th (he's boring but gives a nice floor). But, c'est la vie. I also wasn't thrilled about taking Newton in round 9, but Luck and Cousins went right before that and I feared getting stuck on the back end of a run (that league is unpredictable).

My last league is a 12-team 1PPR with 6 points for passing TDs. I picked 1st.

QB: Cousins (97)
    RB1: D. Johnson (1)
    RB2: D. Cook (49)
    WR1: Hilton (24)
    WR2: D. Thomas (25)
    FLEX: Fitzgerald (48)
    TE: Rudolph (73)
    DEF: Rams (streamer, 192)
    K: Bailey (169)
    Bench:
    Gore (72)
    Lacy (96)
    Moncrief (120)
    Rawls (121)
    J. Matthews (144)
    L. Murray (145)
    K. Wright (168)

This was my first time playing a PPR league, so I was a bit out of my element. Also, I found myself picking in an entirely different point in the draft for several of my picks. and this league went 30 picks deeper than my other leagues, meaning I had to go deeper on the draft board late. So that was weird. Although I still found myself with some familiar faces. Oddly, though I didn't target Frank Gore in any of my drafts, somehow he found his way onto all three of my rosters. Same for Kelvin Benjamin. I again got my RB stack late with Lacy/Rawls. I was pleased to get Cousins in round 9. Wasn't as thrilled with getting Rudolph, but I still had the sting of getting stuck with Doyle from my previous draft so I probably reached there. I'm not thrilled with my RBs, but picking #1 in a 12-team league really puts a crimp on your options. And in a PPR I wanted to make sure to get some WRs earlier.

Odell Beckham 10th pick
    A.J. Green 15
    Mark Ingram 34
    Joe Mixon 39
    Jordan Reed 58
    Tyreek Hill 63
    Marcus Mariota 82
    Thomas Rawls 87
    James White 106
    Corey Davis 111
    Jay Cutler 130
    Eric Ebron 135
    Rams 154
    Sebastian Janikowski 159
    Cooper Kupp 178
    Patriots 183

Thoughts?
    I gotta say for 12 teams and only .5 ppr this looks very bad to me. You don't have single rb you can start and get real points from. Yeah OBJ and Green is great but you are gonna get near nothing from the rb spot.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Just completed my third league draft last night. The first two are 10-team standard leagues:

10-team standard #1 (picked 10th):
    QB: Luck (111); Mariota (round 131)
    RB1: Gordon (10)
    RB2: J. Howard (11)
    WR1: Pryor (30)
    WR2: K. Allen (31)
    Flex: K. Benjamin (50)
    TE: Graham (71)
    DEF: Rams (streamer vs Luck-less Colts week 1, pick 150)
    K: Bailey (151)
    Bench:
    Gore (51)
    D. Parker (70)
    D. Martin (90)
    Blount (91)
    J. Rodgers (110)
    K. White (130)

My biggest regret in this one was gambling on Luck's readiness rather than simply taking Kirk Cousins with my round-12 pick. That forced me to take a second QB (Mariota) in round 14. I'm also a little nervous at WR, with several boom-or-bust options. But I feel really good at RB, and that's the price you pay for drafting RBs in the first two rounds. And I'm really pleased to have Graham at TE. And while I probably took the wrong QB in round 12, it didn't cost me much and I have a pretty good alternative in the short term.

I'm excited about the Doug Martin/Jacquizz Rodgers combo late in the draft, as I'm hopeful it produces an RB2 quality player for me.
    I like this team, solid overall not many weaknesses.

My second team (also a 10-team standard, I picked 5th):

QB: Newton (85)
    RB1: McCoy (5)
    RB2: Howard (16)
    WR1: A. Cooper (25
    WR2: K. Benjamin (45)
    FLEX: M. Lynch (36)
    TE: Doyle (136)
    DEF: Rams (156, streamer)
    K: Lutz (145)
    Bench:
    Gore (56)
    D. Parker (65)
    Decker (76)
    Lacy (96)
    Rawls (105)
    Snead (116)
    K. White (125)

This league got flip-flopped from the last league, as TEs went earlier than I wanted instead of QBs. So I got stuck waiting until very late and taking Doyle. Not thrilled about that, each of the TEs I was interested in went 2 rounds earlier than I would have taken them. So, I'm stuck hoping for Doyle to be a tolerable borderline TE1/TE2.

Like in my other league, I paired two guys in good offenses late at RB (this time Lacy/Rawls). If I was sure to get those two, I'd likely have passed on Gore in the 6th (he's boring but gives a nice floor). But, c'est la vie. I also wasn't thrilled about taking Newton in round 9, but Luck and Cousins went right before that and I feared getting stuck on the back end of a run (that league is unpredictable).
    Love this team! Bet it ends top 2 or 3 in the league. I would try to flip Lacy/Rawles combo for something though. I want nothing to do with the Seattle/New Orleans/New England backfields

My last league is a 12-team 1PPR with 6 points for passing TDs. I picked 1st.

QB: Cousins (97)
    RB1: D. Johnson (1)
    RB2: D. Cook (49)
    WR1: Hilton (24)
    WR2: D. Thomas (25)
    FLEX: Fitzgerald (48)
    TE: Rudolph (73)
    DEF: Rams (streamer, 192)
    K: Bailey (169)
    Bench:
    Gore (72)
    Lacy (96)
    Moncrief (120)
    Rawls (121)
    J. Matthews (144)
    L. Murray (145)
    K. Wright (168)

This was my first time playing a PPR league, so I was a bit out of my element. Also, I found myself picking in an entirely different point in the draft for several of my picks. and this league went 30 picks deeper than my other leagues, meaning I had to go deeper on the draft board late. So that was weird. Although I still found myself with some familiar faces. Oddly, though I didn't target Frank Gore in any of my drafts, somehow he found his way onto all three of my rosters. Same for Kelvin Benjamin. I again got my RB stack late with Lacy/Rawls. I was pleased to get Cousins in round 9. Wasn't as thrilled with getting Rudolph, but I still had the sting of getting stuck with Doyle from my previous draft so I probably reached there. I'm not thrilled with my RBs, but picking #1 in a 12-team league really puts a crimp on your options. And in a PPR I wanted to make sure to get some WRs earlier.
    Great team overall again. Nicely set up for ppr too. Not a fan of anyone on the bench for ppr though.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

1st 2 rounds

ELAPSED TIME PTS
    1 Morristown Mavericks David Johnson RB | ARI
    2 Harpers Hero's Le'Veon Bell RB | PIT
    3 South Jersey Sharks Antonio Brown WR | PIT
    4 Libby's Legion Jordy Nelson WR | GB
    5 THE REV Jay Ajayi RB | MIA
    6 How bout dem COWBOYS Devonta Freeman RB | ATL
    7 Team Vike Julio Jones WR | ATL
    8 VCACI Mice LeSean McCoy RB | BUF
    9 JB, Inc Melvin Gordon RB | LAC
    10 Dak To Dez Odell Beckham WR | NYG
    11 YoungGunz DeMarco Murray RB | TEN
    12 Black & Silver Bullets Jordan Howard RB | CHI

ROUND 2
    PICK TEAM PLAYER ELAPSED TIME PTS
    1 Black & Silver Bullets Mike Evans WR | TB
    2 YoungGunz Michael Thomas WR | NO
    3 Dak To Dez A.J. Green WR | CIN
    4 JB, Inc Brandin Cooks WR | NE
    5 VCACI Mice Amari Cooper WR | OAK
    6 Team Vike Lamar Miller RB | HOU
    7 How bout dem COWBOYS Todd Gurley RB | LAR
    8 THE REV Aaron Rodgers QB | GB
    9 Libby's Legion Ezekiel Elliott RB | DAL
    10 South Jersey Sharks Rob Gronkowski TE | NE
    11 Harpers Hero's Tom Brady QB | NE
    12 Morristown Mavericks Dez Bryant WR | DAL

As I look at it I don't think I'd do else wise with these 1st 2 picks.
    Jordy at 4 and Jay at 5 I found weird. Set me up for some obvious steals, IMO. Season will tell.

Last 3 leagues. All for money.

10 teams standard scoring 2 qb league. Auction style draft.

QB Eli Manning
    QB Kirk Cousins
    RB Lev Bell
    RB David Johnson
    WR D Thomas
    WR Alshon Jeffery
    TE Jack Doyle
    Flex (W/R) Kareem Hunt
    K Santos
    D Texans

Bench:

QB Hoyer
    RB S Perine
    RB Theo Riddick
    RB Terrance West
    WR Keenan Allen
    WR Pierre Garcon

10 teams, almost standard scoring (bonus 1 point for every 30 punt/kick return yards). Auction style draft. $100 buy in.

QB Andrew Luck
    RB David Johnson
    RB Todd Gurley
    WR Keenan Allen
    WR Martavis Bryant
    TE Jimmy Graham
    Flex Tyreek Hill
    K Bryant
    D Rams

Bench
    RB Ameer Abdullah
    RB Doug Martin
    RB LeGarette Blount
    WR Stefon Diggs
    WR Pierre Garcon
    WR Golden Tate

Gonna have to grab a 2nd qb for Luck week 1 it seems.

Last league but it's for all the bragging rights. We are all friends/family.

12 teams standard snake draft

QB Andrew Luck
    RB Zeke Elliott
    RB Todd Gurley
    WR Julio Jones
    WR Keenan Allen
    TE Jack Doyle
    Flex Ameer Abdullah
    K Hopkins
    D Rams

Bench
    QB Andy Dalton
    RB Doug Martin
    RB Terrance West
    RB Darren McFadden
    WR Randall Cobb
    WR Danny Amendola
    WR Corey Davis

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post

Gonna have to grab a 2nd qb for Luck week 1 it seems.
    Likely going to need a 2nd QB for the first 3 weeks.

Anyone use a premium service to help manage their teams? Specifically, I'm looking at FantasyPros.com (which is what I use for rankings) and footballguys.com (which I've paid for in the past). Playing with FantasyPros today it lets me import my team, see news and notes about my players, shows top players available to pick up, etc. I think Footballguys can do similar things (perhaps with a less appealing interface) but it's been a couple of years since I subscribed. I do get daily email from Footballguys and that's very helpful. Footballguys is a $35 for the season (they only do football). Fantasypros is $2.99/month (they do lots of sports - I'd cancel once football season is over, however).

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Anyone use a premium service to help manage their teams? Specifically, I'm looking at FantasyPros.com (which is what I use for rankings) and footballguys.com (which I've paid for in the past). Playing with FantasyPros today it lets me import my team, see news and notes about my players, shows top players available to pick up, etc. I think Footballguys can do similar things (perhaps with a less appealing interface) but it's been a couple of years since I subscribed. I do get daily email from Footballguys and that's very helpful. Footballguys is a $35 for the season (they only do football). Fantasypros is $2.99/month (they do lots of sports - I'd cancel once football season is over, however).
    I never pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Likely going to need a 2nd QB for the first 3 weeks.
    Yeah I snagged Palmer since his first 3 games are so juicy

Yeah I snagged Palmer since his first 3 games are so juicy
    I did the same thing in my league where I had Luck (Andrew that is...hopefully I have lots of luck in both my leagues).

Left Hunt on my bench last night

Hope this isn't some sort of indication of how the entire season will unfold...

QB Eli Manning
    QB Kirk Cousins
    RB Lev Bell
    RB David Johnson
    WR D Thomas
    WR Alshon Jeffery
    TE Jack Doyle
    Flex (W/R) Kareem Hunt
    K Santos
    D Texans

Bench:

QB Hoyer
    RB S Perine
    RB Theo Riddick
    RB Terrance West
    WR Keenan Allen
    WR Pierre Garcon
    No way I lose this game after the performance by Hunt right????