Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Hard to imagine a better outcome for Kyrie -- very cool.

Also hard to imagine a much better outcome for the Cavs too -- boo. At least the board should be a little less anti-Warriors if we get Cleveland/GS round 4 next year!

I'm now a Celtic fan.

Moving Crowder opens up time for Tatum.

Zizic wasn't going to see the floor with Horford and Baynes,

Kyrie is an upgrade over Thomas, 6'3" v 5' 9" and 3 years younger, and Thomas is expecting big money.

The Brooklyn pick could be very valuable.

But what value is that pick to LeBron? To me this confirms that he is leaving ASAP and the rebuild is underway. Thomas will stay if he gets $

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    Got a call from an older PhiKap in NYC essentially saying "I can't believe I have to root for those (expletives) Celtics now that they have Kyrie *and* Tatum!!" I laughed at him, frustrated Knicks/Nets fan. Not having a horse in that race, I say Go Green!
    Tell my brother to get on DBR and shoot me a message . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    With Tatum and Kyrie, yep I'm a new Celtics fan!
    Boston strong
    Me too. Looking forward to see Semi succeed as well!!
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    how's Irving going to feel about being covered by the Globe?
    After yesterday's eclipse, it may just be too much to process...

Got a call from an older PhiKap in NYC essentially saying "I can't believe I have to root for those (expletives) Celtics now that they have Kyrie *and* Tatum!!" I laughed at him, frustrated Knicks/Nets fan. Not having a horse in that race, I say Go Green!
    I hate rooting for any Boston team, but yeah, go Celts!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I think Ainge is trying to convince Coach K that he needs to add the TD Garden to the Cameron North rotation.

If Ainge works his magic, his luck continues, the Celtics get the Lakers pick at #2 and turn that into Bagley, I will be estatic!

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    how's Irving going to feel about being covered by the Globe?
    When asked, I'm sure his response was flat.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    I'm now a Celtic fan.

Moving Crowder opens up time for Tatum.

Zizic wasn't going to see the floor with Horford and Baynes,

Kyrie is an upgrade over Thomas, 6'3" v 5' 9" and 3 years younger, and Thomas is expecting big money.

The Brooklyn pick could be very valuable.

But what value is that pick to LeBron? To me this confirms that he is leaving ASAP and the rebuild is underway. Thomas will stay if he gets $
    I think it works both ways they can still compete with Thomas and Crowder and can rebuild. This move won't piss Lebron off so it could work just for this year or it could help them another piece if they are willing to trade the pick in order to keep Lebron

I grew up a 6'ers fan. It'll be somewhat painful to utter/mumble/grumble, "Go Celts."
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I grew up a 6'ers fan. It'll be somewhat painful to utter/mumble/grumble, "Go Celts."
    I'm going to be looking forward to the Celtics-Sixers game on Oct. 20th! Kyrie, Redick, Tatum, Okafor. Should be fun!

I wonder how FlyingDutchDevil is going to feel about the swarm of bandwagoners

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor

Kyrie Traded to Boston

Please use this thread to discuss Kyrie to Boston so we can close the old one. New viewers would not want to wade through the muck in the old thread to get to this new news. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    I think it works both ways they can still compete with Thomas and Crowder and can rebuild. This move won't piss Lebron off so it could work just for this year or it could help them another piece if they are willing to trade the pick in order to keep Lebron
    Keep, Lebron, and Cleveland are 3 words that can't be in the same sentence without including one or more of: not, won't, isn't happening, no way...

Celtics gave up ALOT to set up their window nicely for 2-3 years from now when Brown and Tatum are ready to shine. Irving is probably better than Thomas today, and much younger. They probably shot themselves in the foot for this year, and probably overpaid. But if Irving stays, they have a potentially GREAT young team for the future. And they raised their ceiling by trading Thomas at peak value.

Cavs get A LOT for a player that everyone knew had to go. They can either try to swing another trade (Crowder's contract is amazing, Zizic has promise, and that Nets pick is nice), or hold onto everything and take an improved team into next year's playoffs. And then hope the draft pick turns out #1. If LeBron stays, they can resign Thomas. If LeBron leaves, they can let Thomas walk and start the rebuild with a high draft pivk.

I love the trade for the Cavs. But I don't hate it for the Celtics either.

Quote Originally Posted by darthur View Post
    Hard to imagine a better outcome for Kyrie -- very cool.

!
    i would say the spurs....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Jeff Goodman says the Cavs have agreed to deal Kyrie Irving to the Celtics for Isaiah Thomas, Jae Crowder, Ante Zizic and the 2018 Nets pick. Wow, quite a haul for Cleveland. The Celtics must really, really love Irving. That Nets pick is a hugely valuable asset.

-Jason "methinks part of this deal is the Celtics freeing up forward minutes for Jaylen Brown and especially Jayson Tatum" Evans
    I actually see it the other way. I think in the end, Boston got the better end of the deal. I had feared the Cavs would have insisted on Tatum being included. I was ecstatic when I saw the list of names!

I grew up a Celtics fan but waffled over the years when free agency meant players changing teams like I change clothes. I became a "Player fan" vs a "team" fan. Now I can pull for a team again and the team I grew up loving which is great. (yeah yeah I know... "fairweather fan". But like I said I pulled for certain teams due to the players and not "whoever the best team was". So at least there's that I guess).

Go Celtics!! I can't wait to watch Kyrie and Tatum doing their thing in Celtic Green and White!

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Celtics gave up ALOT to set up their window nicely for 2-3 years from now when Brown and Tatum are ready to shine. Irving is probably better than Thomas today, and much younger. They probably shot themselves in the foot for this year, and probably overpaid. But if Irving stays, they have a potentially GREAT young team for the future. And they raised their ceiling by trading Thomas at peak value.

Cavs get A LOT for a player that everyone knew had to go. They can either try to swing another trade (Crowder's contract is amazing, Zizic has promise, and that Nets pick is nice), or hold onto everything and take an improved team into next year's playoffs. And then hope the draft pick turns out #1. If LeBron stays, they can resign Thomas. If LeBron leaves, they can let Thomas walk and start the rebuild with a high draft pivk.

I love the trade for the Cavs. But I don't hate it for the Celtics either.
    MAYBE they overpaid. You don't know that for sure. If the Nets somehow win a few games this year, and that pick is in the 4-10 range rather than 1-3, this is a GREAT trade for Boston.

If it's Marvin Bagley . . . then yeah, it might look bad.

What is the latest on IT's hip injury? I would assume Cleveland has done medical due diligence on this and it checked out OK? That could be the factor in determining who "won" this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by mkirsh View Post
    What is the latest on IT's hip injury? I would assume Cleveland has done medical due diligence on this and it checked out OK? That could be the factor in determining who "won" this trade.
    As a cavs fan, I think they "won" the trade no matter what. Kyrie forced their hand at a bad time. They are lucky they got anything out of it. Hopefully that pick turns out to be 1-2.