Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Kyrie must have pulled his funding:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...lat/894762001/

On a thread-related note, how is Brad Stevens doing it after losing arguably his 2nd-best player 5 minutes into the season?
    PLEASEEEEEEEEEEE let this happen....

yes, i gave him money...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Kyrie must have pulled his funding:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...lat/894762001/

On a thread-related note, how is Brad Stevens doing it after losing arguably his 2nd-best player 5 minutes into the season?
    The same way he massively overachieved at Butler. He's a truly outstanding coach. I can't find any other explanation.

Oh man, I saw this thread jump to the top after over a month, and I thought, "What? Not again! He was already on the Celtics a few weeks ago!" I don't follow the NBA closely, and I thought maybe there was a series of trades I missed. I should probably pay better attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Oh man, I saw this thread jump to the top after over a month, and I thought, "What? Not again! He was already on the Celtics a few weeks ago!" I don't follow the NBA closely, and I thought maybe there was a series of trades I missed. I should probably pay better attention.
    Brad Stevens cleverly figured out a way to trade Irving for Irving, while picking up a draft pick along the way.

Clever man.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Brad Stevens cleverly figured out a way to trade Irving for Irving, while picking up a draft pick along the way.

Clever man.
    Oh, Brooklyn... Why do you do these things?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    The same way he massively overachieved at Butler. He's a truly outstanding coach. I can't find any other explanation.
    I agree. I'm not much of a tactician, thought maybe I'd spur some conversation about the 2nd-best coach in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    Sorry, I couldn't find a better place to put it. Searched 'Kyrie' and wasn't sure which of the numerous threads dealt with his flat earth musings. Plus it segued into my query about Stevens which I had been thinking about for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Celtics win 40 games - tops.
    Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    I'll happily take this bet. I'll even give you 41 games. If the Celtics finish over .500, I win; anything else you win. Any preference on stakes?
    I've decided I want crab legs now...

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/g...celtics-debut/

Supa "reminding you that I'm rarely wrong" Dave...
    I'll stand by Celtics over 41.5 wins, even with the Hayward injury.
    It's February 24. The Celtics' regular season doesn't end until April 11, and there are 21 games left on their schedule. But this one is already O.V.E.R. How do I claim my crab legs?
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

It's February 24. The Celtics' regular season doesn't end until April 11, and there are 21 games left on their schedule. But this one is already O.V.E.R. How do I claim my crab legs?
    I will help crabwalk this back to the top before it gets bumped to the second page.

Was it this thread where some were crowing that Cleveland's trading deadline moves had made them the heavy favorite in the East? I don't have the time or inclination to look back. I think Cleveland has also just beaten the Celtics, so there was also argument that the Kyrie trade had worked out for the Cavs.

Not hearing much after the Cavs have gone 1-2 over their last 3 games. The proof will be in the playoffs, of course. I just thought there was 'irrational exuberance' at the time.

Was it this thread where some were crowing that Cleveland's trading deadline moves had made them the heavy favorite in the East? I don't have the time or inclination to look back. I think Cleveland has also just beaten the Celtics, so there was also argument that the Kyrie trade had worked out for the Cavs.

Not hearing much after the Cavs have gone 1-2 over their last 3 games. The proof will be in the playoffs, of course. I just thought there was 'irrational exuberance' at the time.
    Immediacy bias strikes again. Makes me feel quite old.

Dammit - Kyrie would stay healthy this season. We gonna make this happen!!

Dammit - Kyrie would stay healthy this season. We gonna make this happen!!
    Kyrie's played 71+ games 3 of the past 4 seasons. This season should make it 4 of the past 5, knock on wood. He's not quite as injury prone anymore, again knock on wood.

And don't tell me that you were needing our boy Kyrie to get hurt to win a bet! C'mon Supa -- sometimes we just make a bad call :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Kyrie's played 71+ games 3 of the past 4 seasons. This season should make it 4 of the past 5, knock on wood. He's not quite as injury prone anymore, again knock on wood.

And don't tell me that you were needing our boy Kyrie to get hurt to win a bet! C'mon Supa -- sometimes we just make a bad call :-)
    Pays not to gamble sometimes. He's been extremely durable this year considering his usage rate.

SupaDave was just a little early on his call

Pays not to gamble sometimes. He's been extremely durable this year considering his usage rate.
    Since SupaDave lost his bet the injury bug has definitely caught up with the Celtics.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston...ltics-injuries

The Celtics starting lineup against the Wizards on Wednesday consisted of Marcus Morris, Guerschon Yabusele, Aron Baynes, Terry Rozier, and Jayson Tatum.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDevil View Post
    Since SupaDave lost his bet the injury bug has definitely caught up with the Celtics.

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston...ltics-injuries

The Celtics starting lineup against the Wizards on Wednesday consisted of Marcus Morris, Guerschon Yabusele, Aron Baynes, Terry Rozier, and Jayson Tatum.
    Yikes. That's more than I even would have imagined. Ended up right about Kyrie - thanks my guy.

Here's the full list of C's injuries right now:

Gordon Hayward (ankle) - out for the season, ignore the rumors of his return
    Kyrie Irving (knee) - nearing a return, but is reportedly going to have to manage the injury for the rest of his career
    Daniel Theis (knee) - out for the season
    Marcus Smart (thumb) - out 6-8 weeks after having surgery
    Al Horford (undisclosed illness) - should be back this week
    Jaylen Brown (concussion) - will likely be back in the next 2 weeks

Just brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Kyrie Irving (knee) - nearing a return, but is reportedly going to have to manage the injury for the rest of his career

Just brutal.
    Wha? The rest of his career?

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Wha? The rest of his career?
    That's what Danny Ainge said, but I'd take it with a grain of salt. He also said "it's not that serious."

I imagine he will have surgery on it during an off season within the next few years. Sounds like it's more about pain management than serious damage.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    That's what Danny Ainge said, but I'd take it with a grain of salt. He also said "it's not that serious."

I imagine he will have surgery on it during an off season within the next few years. Sounds like it's more about pain management than serious damage.
    I wonder it might be one of those things like with ACL tears that you will have lingering soreness, susceptibility to soft-tissue injuries, and eventual athritis down the road. As in, once you break your kneecap, you will always be dealing with knee pain for the rest of your career.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I wonder it might be one of those things like with ACL tears that you will have lingering soreness, susceptibility to soft-tissue injuries, and eventual athritis down the road. As in, once you break your kneecap, you will always be dealing with knee pain for the rest of your career.
    Actually a great question - I tend to look at Grant who post surgeries has had a phenomenal quality of life. I expect Kyrie and others to follow suit. Everything about the technology of injuries seemed to trend up in G’s injury cycle. An ankle sprain is nothing nowadays. They heeling knees with lasers. It’s a whole new world.