Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    well, that could have gone better...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Keep Golfing!!!

Ugh...what a lousy way to end the season. Hate losing due to self inflicted wounds.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

This season the Panthers had 11 wins, some of them hard fought or pretty lucky.

As much as I want to see the Panthers win a Super Bowl, feels like the team overachieved in the regular season.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Finally.

maybe they can score some touchdowns...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

so, my vote for the new OC would be lane kiffen...he's a brilliant, extremely gifted offensive mind...

we don't need some old goat like norv turner....

if the panthers don't hire him, Cut should...

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    we don't need some old goat like norv turner...
    Sorry to disappoint you, but...
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartanntp

Package deal with his kid coaching the QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you, but...
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...cid=spartanntp

Package deal with his kid coaching the QBs.
    well, that IS disappointing...ugh...

offense by geezer...

As a Seahawks fan, you should hope and pray you don't hire Bevel as OC. I hear he's available.

Also of note the Panthers are officially for sale. Rumors are one prospective ownership group is exploring the possibility of getting a new stadium, specifically a dome which would allow for $40-50M in new revenue per year (a dome would allow Charlotte to host things like a Super Bowl, Final Fours, and a major bowl, but would come at a price tag of at least $1 billion). Last time around the city got a pretty good deal as they only had to pony up for the land and the utilities, while PSL sales financed the construction of the $250M stadium.

In addition, there is a discussion around relocating the staidum to Carowinds Blvd (right on the NC/SC line) and adding 20K parking spaces, which would allow the owners an additional revenue stream from parking fees. The current uptown stadium is land locked and has very few team owned parking spots, while most uptown surface lots are privately owned and used during the week for uptown travelers. The uptown location for the stadium is quite convenient and has been a boon to downtown businesses. I'd personally hate to see it move, especially that far south.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...193215329.html
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Also of note the Panthers are officially for sale. Rumors are one prospective ownership group is exploring the possibility of getting a new stadium, specifically a dome which would allow for $40-50M in new revenue per year (a dome would allow Charlotte to host things like a Super Bowl, Final Fours, and a major bowl, but would come at a price tag of at least $1 billion). Last time around the city got a pretty good deal as they only had to pony up for the land and the utilities, while PSL sales financed the construction of the $250M stadium.

In addition, there is a discussion around relocating the staidum to Carowinds Blvd (right on the NC/SC line) and adding 20K parking spaces, which would allow the owners an additional revenue stream from parking fees. The current uptown stadium is land locked and has very few team owned parking spots, while most uptown surface lots are privately owned and used during the week for uptown travelers. The uptown location for the stadium is quite convenient and has been a boon to downtown businesses. I'd personally hate to see it move, especially that far south.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...193215329.html
    I've only been once, when Duke was in the Belk bowl. We made the tailgate happen, but it was a bit of a pain in the azz since we were dealing with a private lot. (Closest we could find.) They gave us a hassle about tailgating, but at least it was on a Saturday that year and we weren't competing with business parking.
    My #1 concern is that the team remains the CAROLINA Panthers, and doesn't move to some other market. I can happily deal with a minor stadium move that benefits both Charlotte and the state(s).

FWIW, I think Norv is a really good OC. I don't think he's a very good HC, however.

The Cardinals have hired Panthers' DC Steve Wilks as head coach.

A Panther was released into the wild today.
    Thanks for your contributions, J Stew!

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/panther...wart/17379623/

Sad to see him go, although he certainly is not the player he was several years ago. Only Jersey I own is a Stewart Jersey!

Any chance he clears waivers and we re-sign him for cheap or something?

Hearing the Giants are going after Graham Gano, so signing him back may not come cheap if there is a bidding war.

Charles Johnson and Curt Coleman were also released with Stewart. Sad to see some of these guys go, but it's a young man's league and these guys are in the twilight of their careers. Finding a strong RB at a reasonable price will be a challenge, and my gut tells me they will roll the dice with Whitaker or Artis-Payne there. If their rookie WR's get healthy, I actually think they are OK there. Main focus should be on offensive and defensive line guys in the draft IMO.
    "There can BE only one."

Hearing the Giants are going after Graham Gano, so signing him back may not come cheap if there is a bidding war.

Charles Johnson and Curt Coleman were also released with Stewart. Sad to see some of these guys go, but it's a young man's league and these guys are in the twilight of their careers. Finding a strong RB at a reasonable price will be a challenge, and my gut tells me they will roll the dice with Whitaker or Artis-Payne there. If their rookie WR's get healthy, I actually think they are OK there. Main focus should be on offensive and defensive line guys in the draft IMO.
    I'd like to see them roll the dice on Jamaal Charles and draft a young RB in the 3rd or 4th round to develop. Charles has some left in the tank and is looking for a feature role.

There's a young kicker looking for a shot we could pick up...

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    There's a young kicker looking for a shot we could pick up...
    Jankowski?