Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    I hate it for the defensive guys. They played a stellar game giving up only 3 points and your offense not only can score but 3 points of their own but they give the other team 14 points. It was the same in the Eagles game. We gave them the ball on the 20 twice leading to 15 points and still only lost by 5.
    Sounds like Duke/UVA.

I hate it for the defensive guys. They played a stellar game giving up only 3 points and your offense not only can score but 3 points of their own but they give the other team 14 points. It was the same in the Eagles game. We gave them the ball on the 20 twice leading to 15 points and still only lost by 5.

I agree with the rumblings to fire Shula. He has so many weapons and cannot find a way for them to score points. I told my wife yesterday "if he runs the ball up the middle one more time when it's 1st and 10 I'm going to throw something". I lost count at how many times he did that. We are playing with only 2 downs. Ridiculous.
    With as big as our receivers are, I'd think they'd be an incredible mismatch in the slot or sneaking across the formation for a 5 yarder. Similar to pretty much every other throw Brady completes. Yet those plays are for some reason not in our arsenal.

The other thing that annoyed me was all the east/west running looking for a hole. You just cannot do that in the NFL unless you have speed, and Stewart does not. Run North/South, try to power through the tackles and get what you can.

I think the biggest problems Sunday were Cam trying to operate behind a patchwork offensive line, and receivers who cannot get open.
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    a patchwork offensive line, and receivers who cannot get open.
    yeah...what up dat?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

The ever-increasing maturity of Cam Newton.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    The ever-increasing maturity of Cam Newton.
    I want so bad for Cam to step up and act with some class but sadly time and again he disappoints. I'm a big Panthers fan living in NC and I have tried to defend him but at this point it is what it is. When things are good Cam is flashing that big smile and everything is rosey but when things are bad he becomes a petulant child. As a Panthers fan I guess I just have to learn to live with it. Ugh.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

I want so bad for Cam to step up and act with some class but sadly time and again he disappoints. I'm a big Panthers fan living in NC and I have tried to defend him but at this point it is what it is. When things are good Cam is flashing that big smile and everything is rosey but when things are bad he becomes a petulant child. As a Panthers fan I guess I just have to learn to live with it. Ugh.
    The Steelers will trade you Martavias Bryant. They should make a good pair.

glad to see duke back....stewart actually gained some yds...

cam was pretty good...

i'll take it..
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    The sports weekend is saved.
    Wasn't a big fan of those long balls on third, but in the end it was a good game. Great D. Nice to see Luke back and playing great, but ughh...every hit he takes I count his years on this planet growing shorter.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The sports weekend is saved.
    Wasn't a big fan of those long balls on third, but in the end it was a good game. Great D. Nice to see Luke back and playing great, but ughh...every hit he takes I count his years on this planet growing shorter.
    I kept screaming at the TV "TAKE THE SHORT OUT AND MOVE THE CHAINS!!" I think only one of those deep balls was thrown well, and the rest were well off target. He did complete his last one to Benjamin for the TD tho.

Liked what CAP showed during his brief stint. Also liked that the defense got back into the turnover game after a several game absence.

The Cats just finished a stretch where they played 4 of 5 road games and went 3-2. The Bears loss is the only one where they looked completely out of sorts, and the two defensive TD's had a lot to do with that. So, not terrible.

Home game Sunday vs. the Falcons, then Dolphins at home on MNF, followed finally by a bye. And only 3 road games remain on the schedule vs. 5 at home. Bodes well.
    "There can BE only one."

WR KElvin Benjamin traded to the Bills for two draft pics...

hmm...inside word was Benjamin was not a locker room favorite....Funches moves into his spot...

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    WR KElvin Benjamin traded to the Bills for two draft pics...

hmm...inside word was Benjamin was not a locker room favorite...Funches moves into his spot...
    This puts a damper on my feelings about the Panthers being serious about the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    This puts a damper on my feelings about the Panthers being serious about the playoffs.
    I like the move. Funchess has been playing as well or better than Benjamin and they are similar in size. The Panthers would have to pay Benjamin $8.4 million next year or sign him to a long term deal as this was the last year on his rookie contact. We get future picks, we have enough young talent at receiver this year with size and speed now and with Olsen coming back I like the mixture Cam has to throw to.

I like the move. Funchess has been playing as well or better than Benjamin and they are similar in size. The Panthers would have to pay Benjamin $8.4 million next year or sign him to a long term deal as this was the last year on his rookie contact. We get future picks, we have enough young talent at receiver this year with size and speed now and with Olsen coming back I like the mixture Cam has to throw to.
    I agree but I don't like what we got. I was hoping for the 3rd and a good role guy or preferably a serviceable offensive linemen with the 3rd.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Well our best year was when we went without Kelvin... Yeah I know we had a lot of other things that helped out but I felt it forced Cam to make better reads and spread the ball around.

I am a bit of a reciever hater though. I truly believe wrs are the most overrated position in the NFL.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    I agree but I don't like what we got. I was hoping for the 3rd and a good role guy or preferably a serviceable offensive linemen with the 3rd.
    Yeah that would be my one quibble as well. If we could have just got something, anything to help with this year even if it was only to add depth somewhere it would have been a better trade.

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Well our best year was when we went without Kelvin... Yeah I know we had a lot of other things that helped out but I felt it forced Cam to make better reads and spread the ball around.

I am a bit of a reciever hater though. I truly believe wrs are the most overrated position in the NFL.
    The difference was Ted Ginn Jr.

Say what you will about his hands, his speed is what the defense had to adjust to, which opened everything else up.

Letting him go was a mistake also.

I’ll agree that Funchess and Benjamin may have too much of an overlapping skill set and contributions.

The getting nothing now other than draft picks doesn’t give the Panthers anything new to shake things up and improve this season.

The difference was Ted Ginn Jr.

Say what you will about his hands, his speed is what the defense had to adjust to, which opened everything else up.

Letting him go was a mistake also.

I’ll agree that Funchess and Benjamin may have too much of an overlapping skill set and contributions.

The getting nothing now other than draft picks doesn’t give the Panthers anything new to shake things up and improve this season.
    Yeah part of what I was getting at. Philly was also a burner and JC was a great possession/3rd down guy along with Olsen.

Cam is clueless: compares his offense to the Titanic, and he thinks its a good thing:

Cam: Yeah we just lost a great player, but the Titanic still has to go

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...ow-story-ends/

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Cam is clueless: compares his offense to the Titanic, and he thinks its a good thing:

Cam: Yeah we just lost a great player, but the Titanic still has to go

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...ow-story-ends/
    SMH - Bless him.

As for the Panthers team - a good win yesterday, even if it wasn't a thing of beauty. We are winning these close games this year and at 6-3 are in the thick of things. I still believe we will get better offensively, especially with the return of Olsen after 2 more games. The defense is #1 in the league in yards allowed per game and has been solid week after week since the loss to the Saints. We were one Julio Jones surefire touchdown away (unbelievable drop) from losing yesterday but a win is a win and if we can begin to build momentum with the offense slowly getting better I think we can be one of those teams no one wants to see on their side of the bracket come playoff time.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    We were one Julio Jones surefire touchdown away (unbelievable drop) from losing yesterday...
    WHEW!!!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."