Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Hah, that's highly unlikely. Advertisers will continue to swoon over him, no doubt.

I wish the reporter had had the quick sense to rephrase her question to, "Well Cam, as a man, please elaborate on the more likely explanation that the routes were fine but your passes were off?"

Of course, it's a dream scenario, "elaborate" would have thrown him into a confused stupor. He's a keister-hat.
    Update...Cam loses his contract with Dannon Yogurt.

Cam's remarks were unfortunate and the way he has handled since is even more unfortunate. In many ways he is still immature. However, in other ways Cam does some really positive things that many do not know about. He does a lot of charity activities for kids in the Charlotte area and I have also read about him doing a lot of positive things behind the scenes that do not get a lot of publicity. He should receive criticism for his conduct yesterday for sure but if you are going to point out everything he does wrong, I think you should also point out some of the things he does right.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Update...Cam loses his contract with Dannon Yogurt.

Cam's remarks were unfortunate and the way he has handled since is even more unfortunate. In many ways he is still immature. However, in other ways Cam does some really positive things that many do not know about. He does a lot of charity activities for kids in the Charlotte area and I have also read about him doing a lot of positive things behind the scenes that do not get a lot of publicity. He should receive criticism for his conduct yesterday for sure but if you are going to point out everything he does wrong, I think you should also point out some of the things he does right.
    Sweet, Cam and I have something in common! Not being sexists, but not being employed by Dannon. When I was a kid in Duke Pre-school (it was on East campus and I can always honestly say I went to Duke.) a Dannon rep had a bunch of us in a room with a microphone and wanted recordings of each of us saying "my Dannon yogurt sandwich is yummy" for some commercial.
    My acting and advertising career died a quick and sudden death as I blurted out "Ewww, that sounds gross."

As for Cam, he'll be under the microscope in a way he's not used to now, and I like that. It won't change the way he thinks, that will take something on a more personal level to make happen, but at least he gets to deal with some uncomfortable consequences.

A yogurt sandwich? Really? 40 years later, and that thought is so nasty I've never forgotten it. Ewwwww.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Sweet, Cam and I have something in common! Not being sexists, but not being employed by Dannon. When I was a kid in Duke Pre-school (it was on East campus and I can always honestly say I went to Duke.) a Dannon rep had a bunch of us in a room with a microphone and wanted recordings of each of us saying "my Dannon yogurt sandwich is yummy" for some commercial.
    My acting and advertising career died a quick and sudden death as I blurted out "Ewww, that sounds gross."

As for Cam, he'll be under the microscope in a way he's not used to now, and I like that. It won't change the way he thinks, that will take something on a more personal level to make happen, but at least he gets to deal with some uncomfortable consequences.

A yogurt sandwich? Really? 40 years later, and that thought is so nasty I've never forgotten it. Ewwwww.
    Wow, what are the odds? I am also not employed by Dannon.

I have to admit, I am surprised they pulled the plug on him. I found it to be an off-handed tone-deaf comment. Hard to argue with the decision though.

...He should receive criticism for his conduct yesterday for sure but if you are going to point out everything he does wrong, I think you should also point out some of the things he does right.

I'm not that into Cam so I don't know what else he's been up to in his life. I'm sure it'll all be okey-dokey for him. He made a stupid comment, offended a female reporter, missed a chance to apologize quickly and, as a result, looks like a big dope.

But, whatevs, he's probably a fantastic guy in every other aspect of life.

I'd like to see the Lions knock him flat on his derriere this Sunday though.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Cam apologizes

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...emale-reporter

At least he wasn't reading from a script. Seemed genuine to me.

Cam apologizes

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...emale-reporter

At least he wasn't reading from a script. Seemed genuine to me.
    Unfortunate he had to even issue an apology. What he said was such a non issue but our dang society is full of people who's feeling get hurt over nothing. It's a joke that people are even calling him sexist. What ever, what's done is done on to the Lions game.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Unfortunate he had to even issue an apology. What he said was such a non issue but our dang society is full of people who's feeling get hurt over nothing. It's a joke that people are even calling him sexist. What ever, what's done is done on to the Lions game.
    It was a tone deaf joke. His insincere smile afterwards where he looked surprised no one laughed said more than his words. Women in sports reporting are fighting uphill from day one. Off hand "jokes" like these move them back years.

Of course, Jourdan Rodrigue also had to apologize, as people dug up racist tweets made by her in the past: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...177347751.html

Panthers with another impressive road win in Detroit today. Cam showed no effects of the mid week distractions with a stellar game from him.

This sets up a Thursday night matchup in Charlotte with the also 4-1 Eagles. Should be fun!

another good road win for the cats...

cam's arm seems to be getting back into cannon mode...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I can't say I was overly confident we'd be 4-1 right now, at the top of our division, with three road wins under our belt, especially how shaky the season seemed to start.
    The Panthers are beginning to look far more like the 2015 version than last years. I'm happy the quick turnaround game is at home. (Although that didn't help us much during the NO disaster, ugh...what a game to forget!)
    If we walk away 5-1, and Cam continues to show his improvement, I'm going to be a very happy Cat.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Dear coaches...there is this thing called a QB sneak. When you have a huge QB, and a "And One situation", it works great and often. (Duke might look into this as well.)

Really hating it for Luke tonight. As much as I love him on our team, he needs to walk away from the game and preserve his health.

Why the unnecessary long balls at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Why the unnecessary long balls at the end?
    this...Shula...we've got one of the best passers in the league....why is he running stewart up the gut , over and over again...

we averaged 6 inches per carry against the eagles...

why were we trying to go down the field????

fire shula...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    this...Shula...we've got one of the best passers in the league...why is he running stewart up the gut , over and over again...

we averaged 6 inches per carry against the eagles...

why were we trying to go down the field????

fire shula...
    Totally. FIRE Shula.

Our RB's had negative yardage late I'm the 3rd and we kept Pounding it up the gut.

******** sigh! *********

That was a pitiful performance.
    Not sure I've ever seen a game featuring a QB with two missed tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    That was a pitiful performance.
    Not sure I've ever seen a game featuring a QB with two missed tackles.
    As a State fan, watching the Bears play Trubisky in the hand-off position instead of Glennon really gets me going. I get rolling out a new QB slow and all...but when you QB has as many sacks as he does completions...something ain't right! Of course, Da Bears did win Da Game! Through three games as a starter, Trubisky has gone from 12 completions to 8 to 4. I can't wait to see his next game!

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    ... Trubisky has gone from 12 completions to 8 to 4. I can't wait to see his next game!
    I'm interested in the game after that!

I hate it for the defensive guys. They played a stellar game giving up only 3 points and your offense not only can score but 3 points of their own but they give the other team 14 points. It was the same in the Eagles game. We gave them the ball on the 20 twice leading to 15 points and still only lost by 5.

I agree with the rumblings to fire Shula. He has so many weapons and cannot find a way for them to score points. I told my wife yesterday "if he runs the ball up the middle one more time when it's 1st and 10 I'm going to throw something". I lost count at how many times he did that. We are playing with only 2 downs. Ridiculous.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."