Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Chelsea - ManU right now.

One thing I don’t like about soccer: I don’t want either team to win —which still gives them both a point.

Conte busies himself and doesn’t shake Mourinho’s hand while Mourihno sorta waits at the opening of the tunnel . . . .

Deloitte's latest Football Money League Analysis (2018)

An annual publication. 10 EPL teams in the top 20.

Enjoy.

https://www2.deloitte.com/content/da...g-dfml2018.pdf

Exciting Liverpool/Tottenham GameToday

That was an exciting game today, with Liverpool and Tottenham... Two goals in time added on, with a 2-2 draw.

Quote Originally Posted by sciencegeek View Post
    That was an exciting game today, with Liverpool and Tottenham... Two goals in time added on, with a 2-2 draw.
    And how about my Gunners' rout of the Toffies...? Not a great return for Theo, but a good result. (And Juve scored a touchdown v Sassuolo, 7-0)

Anyone have any insight into Serie A? I may be able to catch a match (Roma v. Fiorentina) but do not know much about the league or teams. I know Fiorentina’s captain just died tragically in his sleep, but that’s about all I’ve got.

Any info appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Anyone have any insight into Serie A? I may be able to catch a match (Roma v. Fiorentina) but do not know much about the league or teams. I know Fiorentina’s captain just died tragically in his sleep, but that’s about all I’ve got.

Any info appreciated.
    When in doubt, root for Juventus. I follow them and (gulp) the Gunners in the EPL. Juve has dominated Serie A in the past few years. Less success in UCL.

Forza Juve.

Any info appreciated.
    The league was once arguably the best in the world, but hit rock bottom after the Calciopoli match-fixing scandal that included Juventus getting relegated. After Juventus re-established itself, the rest of the teams started going through their own struggles especially with stronger finances in other countries with a lot of Italian teams having poor stadium situations exacerbated by poor economic conditions in the country. Juventus has been the powerhouse, but this season has been interesting because Napoli has pushed them. The Milan clubs are traditional powers, but both of them are in the midst of rebuilding after some bad seasons. Roma has American ownership and is in the process of building their own stadium. There are plenty of other clubs with history, but quite a few of them float between the top half and the relegation fight. Don't support Lazio unless you understand what their fanbase stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    The league was once arguably the best in the world, but hit rock bottom after the Calciopoli match-fixing scandal that included Juventus getting relegated. After Juventus re-established itself, the rest of the teams started going through their own struggles especially with stronger finances in other countries with a lot of Italian teams having poor stadium situations exacerbated by poor economic conditions in the country. Juventus has been the powerhouse, but this season has been interesting because Napoli has pushed them. The Milan clubs are traditional powers, but both of them are in the midst of rebuilding after some bad seasons. Roma has American ownership and is in the process of building their own stadium. There are plenty of other clubs with history, but quite a few of them float between the top half and the relegation fight. Don't support Lazio unless you understand what their fanbase stands for.
    Thanks!

Had to look up the part about Lazio — pretty disturbing/disgusting. I am hoping the club condemned those acts.

I caught a match at the San Siro when I was in Italy a few years back. It was easy to snag a ticket and I enjoyed watching a game in a famous stadium. Personally, I think it would be worth catching the match.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I caught a match at the San Siro when I was in Italy a few years back. It was easy to snag a ticket and I enjoyed watching a game in a famous stadium. Personally, I think it would be worth catching the match.
    Agreed. It is at Stadio Olimpico, and Roma currently holds the third entry into the European Champions League (cross-town rival Lazio is only a few points behind).

Agreed. It is at Stadio Olimpico...
    No. Just down the street. The Celinto Catayente.

Breaking news

Wenger stepping down after the season. Innovator in his time, but this is the right move for my Gunners now.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Wenger stepping down after the season. Innovator in his time, but this is the right move for my Gunners now.
    It was also the right move for the Gunners about 5 years ago. And 4 years ago. And...well, you get it.

Likely should have happened years ago, but they seem to finally have made some backroom appointments to distribute the workload.

Interested to see who they will target. Missed out on Pep and Klopp by waiting too long.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    It was also the right move for the Gunners about 5 years ago. And 4 years ago. And...well, you get it.
    True, but if I recall, we did win the FA cup in 2017...but out of UCL this year and next...

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    True, but if I recall, we did win the FA cup in 2017...but out of UCL this year and next...
    Are you already conceding this year’s Europa? Atletico is a tall order, but not at all impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Are you already conceding this year’s Europa? Atletico is a tall order, but not at all impossible.
    Good point. I was actually focusing on our place on the table, but, I guess, yes, given my feelings about this team. I would be thrilled if we got through (like Man U last year), but would be surprised. (Hope for the best...expect the worst)

FA Cup just kicking off. Chelsea v. Man U

Boring game so far..
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc