Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Fluff from recruiting thread

Quote Originally Posted by AtlDuke72 View Post
    How could a guy whose first name is Cameron not pick Duke?
    If it's Cameron Bluish, he's a lock. "Reddish?" Not so much.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by AtlDuke72 View Post
    How could a guy whose first name is Cameron not pick Duke?
    It was all part of our master plan. We named Giles for Harry Giles, the Allen Building for Grayson, and Trent Hall (I think I'm dating myself with that one) for Gary Trent. Cameron is for Cameron Reddish. We can easily change Bassett to Barrett. And I'm sure somewhere in America there is a future star basketball player whose last name is "Social Sciences"

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    It was all part of our master plan. We named Giles for Harry Giles, the Allen Building for Grayson, and Trent Hall (I think I'm dating myself with that one) for Gary Trent. Cameron is for Cameron Reddish. We can easily change Bassett to Barrett. And I'm sure somewhere in America there is a future star basketball player whose last name is "Social Sciences"
    Bruegger's Bagleys on 9th street

Didn't work with Dwayne Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    We used to have a Trustee named Charles Wade. Does that count?

Didn't work too well for Mike Chapel either. Or was that Duke Chappell?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Didn't work too well for Mike Chapel either. Or was that Duke Chappell?
    For you movie buffs, it might have been Ambrose Chapel.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    So looking at the reclassifying merry go round, that would boost Barrett up to #2 (not that it matters) with Bagley going to the 2017 class (probably).
    It used to be you couldn't keep track of the OADs because they come and go so quickly.
    Now it's tough to even figure out what class they're in.
    That has also been difficult at Carolina where students didn't have to attend class.

Not sure if didn't is necessarily correct since the athletic institution doesn't seem to be concerned about what happened and doesn't figure it did anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Maybe that's because his name is actually Dwyane Wade.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    For you movie buffs, it might have been Ambrose Chapel.
    Wasn't it because there was a man who knew too much, unlike another movie where the man knew too little.
    This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
    No trees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    Wasn't it because there was a man who knew too much, unlike another movie where the man knew too little.
    Which was wearing one red shoe?

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Which was wearing one red shoe?
    It was a she and she wasn't in Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by mgtr View Post
    The man who knew too little was Pierre Richard............and the shoe was black.
    The University of North Carolina
    Where CHEATING is a Way of Life

Quote Originally Posted by madscavenger View Post
    The man who knew too little was Pierre Richard.......and the shoe was black.
    But he was the man who wasn't there...

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    But he was the man who wasn't there...
    No, that was the man who would be king ...

Quote Originally Posted by madscavenger View Post
    The man who knew too little was Pierre Richard.......and the shoe was black.
    How did we get from The Man Who Knew Too Much (Ambrose Chapel) to the Tall Blond Man with One Back Shoe (Pierre Richard ... Tom Hanks played in the American remake as The Man With One Red Shoe)?

The original The Man Who Knew Too Much was a detective named Horne Fisher, a character in a 1922 collection of short stories by C.K. Chesterton.

Hitchcock appropriated the title, but not the story or the character for his 1934 film -- which starred Leslie Banks as The Man Who Knew Too Much. When he re-made the move in 1954, Jimmy Stewart played the title role.

As for The Man Who Knew Too Little, that would be Bill Murray, who played a character named Wallace Ritchie in the 1997 film, The Man Who Knew Too Little.

BTW: That film is one of my guilty pleasures, even though Roger Ebert gave it just one star.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    How did we get from The Man Who Knew Too Much (Ambrose Chapel) to the Tall Blond Man with One Back Shoe (Pierre Richard ... Tom Hanks played in the American remake as The Man With One Red Shoe)?

The original The Man Who Knew Too Much was a detective named Horne Fisher, a character in a 1922 collection of short stories by C.K. Chesterton.

Hitchcock appropriated the title, but not the story or the character for his 1934 film -- which starred Leslie Banks as The Man Who Knew Too Much. When he re-made the move in 1954, Jimmy Stewart played the title role.

As for The Man Who Knew Too Little, that would be Bill Murray, who played a character named Wallace Ritchie in the 1997 film, The Man Who Knew Too Little.

BTW: That film is one of my guilty pleasures, even though Roger Ebert gave it just one star.
    That is such a silly/idiotic movie. I've watched it more than twice.

I'm sure somewhere in America there is a future star basketball player whose last name is "Social Sciences"

Close one here.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Wow; I had not heard that one before. Is he perhaps related to the former UVA player Majestic Mapp?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Wow; I had not heard that one before. Is he perhaps related to the former UVA player Majestic Mapp?
    Yup, Scientific Mapp is Majestic Mapp's brother.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?