Page 51 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1396
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'd think along the same lines. The COI is hopefully proceeding very meticulously and exactly here so they can be as certain as they can that all details are as close to perfect as they can possibly make them. It also appears, from the Swood outline of the Syracuse case, that the COI will also seek additional internal legal/legislative/procedural advice before judgment. I'm in no hurry. As has been stated before, take another 30-60 days to be precise, given the number of years this has taken to arrive at this point.
    In the summer of 2016 the NCAA released a three-year internal review of the operation of the Committee on Infractions (COI) which included the following chart showing the average time that it has taken. SDR stands for Summary Disposition Report (not happening with UNC). Prior to 2014 the COI heard cases as a single body. Then they began hearing cases on panels of five to seven COI members. So “pre-panels” refers to that.

Edit: August 17 plus 78 days is November 3.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by swood1000; 09-14-2017 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    In the summer of 2016 the NCAA released a three-year internal review of the operation of the Committee on Infractions (COI) which included the following chart showing the average time that it has taken. SDR stands for Summary Disposition Report (not happening with UNC). Prior to 2014 the COI heard cases as a single body. Then they began hearing cases on panels of five to seven COI members. So “pre-panels” refers to that.

Thanks. Another good analysis. It'd be wonderful timing if the hammers descended just before or during the early signing period for MBB.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    My teacher always commented that my proofs in geometry were "unique."

That's good, right?
    In a high school, we had a classmate who would come back from lunch and show up to geometry class in an altered state of mind and write his proofs in a giant inward-spiraling circle on the chalkboard. I'd say THAT was a, uh, unique way of writing proofs.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Thanks. Another good analysis. It'd be wonderful timing if the hammers descended just before or during the early signing period for MBB.
    and before Bowl selections are announced, although hoping the miserable miscreants fail to win enough games to qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    In a high school, we had a classmate who would come back from lunch and show up to geometry class in an altered state of mind and write his proofs in a giant inward-spiraling circle on the chalkboard. I'd say THAT was a, uh, unique way of writing proofs.
    John, is that you? Long time, no see!

and before Bowl selections are announced, although hoping the miserable miscreants fail to win enough games to qualify.
    I believe they qualified long ago for the Toilet Bowl.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

John, is that you? Long time, no see!

Seeing is a state of mind.............Carlos C.

By the way, IIRC you got a B+.
    The University of North Carolina
    Where CHEATING is a Way of Life

the light hand slap will prolly come the day after they win the '18 nattty
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by madscavenger View Post
    Seeing is a state of mind......Carlos C.

By the way, IIRC you got a B+.
    Carlos C. excelled in anthropology, and Hunter S.T. in journalism. I excelled in stirring the drink.

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same." -- Carlos C.

I'm starting to agree this is the best approach

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    the light hand slap will prolly come the day after they win the '18 nattty
    Moonpie, I love your attitude. Humor is the best and in this situation the only solution to the sliminess of UN whatever.
    If they want to cheat who can really stop them in the end. I'm glad coach K and coach Cut at least expect their players
    to go to class while they are at Duke.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    We'll help to keep them at home next weekend.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    We'll help to keep them at home next weekend.
    "Give 'em the full Northwestern"

oooops...caught this almost slipping off the front page...

so, what will be the faithful's best line when they skate?

"told ya - they wouldn't dare touch our 7 titles"
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

It would be "It's so unfair that we received a slap on the wrist! We should have received a commendation for discovering and correcting deficiencies create by rogue employees, for whose actions we certainly could not be held responsible. We deserve everyone’s sympathy because we were treated so ignominiously, but we are magnanimous and we forgive you all.”

However, I feel quite confident that they will not skate. The only skating I can imagine would be only losing one title and not two.

If they skate someone ought to give them the full Tonya Harding.
    The University of North Carolina
    Where CHEATING is a Way of Life

Quote Originally Posted by madscavenger View Post
    If they skate someone ought to give them the full Tonya Harding.
    Now, now. Play nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Now, now. Play nice.
    And the response from UNCheat will be, once sanctions are announced and banners come down

https://youtu.be/NjUQMs0kVEI

OK I'll play. Let's have some fun with this.

Try this response from UNC fans:

It's taking every sinew in my body to not go ballistic on the NCAA
    and nuke them in every court in the land until they slither into the
    hole from whence they came. They should be giving us money to pay
    us back for all the attorneys we have had to hire to answer to their
    persecuting witch hunt they call an investigation.

The fact that they took one scholarships away for a year is the height
    of hypocrisy. They should give us more scholarships to make up for all
    the good recruits we missed out on during their great stalling campaign
    trying to punish us even though they knew they never had a case. How
    do I know this? I heard it from my roommate, who heard it from a friend.

I'm so angry they have damaged us unfairly that I lost control and kicked my dog
    and now have to have therapy for the next year. There should be some kind
    of retribution against such jealous types like the NCAA.

In fact the NCAA should take some of Dukes scholarships to make up for all
    we lost because of them. In addition the NCAA should give us another national
    title because we are so good and haven't got enough recognition for this fact.

But, big sigh. I guess we will just have to live with the one year probation,
    because when you are so good by nature as we are, I guess it is our cross to
    bear in the face of such great injustice as this to turn the other cheek and rise
    above the evil doers of the world.

We will just have to console ourselves that we know who we know, and know
    who everyone else is who is not us. Did I say that right. Damn right I did,
    because we are examples of the New Carolina Way. Nuff said.
    Last edited by duke80; 09-20-2017 at 11:40 PM. Reason: There was an error that showed up in the post

Quote Originally Posted by duke80 View Post
    Try this response from UNC fans:

It's taking ... blah blah blahdy blah ... Nuff said.
    If there is anyone reading this thread who might still think duke80's post is a joke, I assure you it is not. UNCheat spent literally millions of dollars on Marketing/PR firms to elicit this exact response from their fans. To keep their fans in the dark. To keep their fans living the big lie while being unaware that it's a lie. Their sheep truly believe this whole thing is overblown BS, that every school does it, that the NCAA has it out for them and has dragged it's feet, etc. It's very sad and it's one of the main reasons I hope they get hammered very hard. The don't deserve the buy their way out of this. They are not too big and too rich to be properly punished.

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post

FWIW, I didn't realize Sankey isn't the Head of the COI. He left the position on Sept 1, but is still on the COI (Greg Christopher from Xavier is now the head).

In any case, the NCAA press release has some interesting info in it. Turns out contested cases have average 55 days this year:

For contested cases with hearings, the average time decreased from 69 days in the second half of 2016 to an average of 55 days from January through July of this year.
    That would put a UNC decision around Oct 11-12th.

There's also this blurb for those sort of concerned with UNC totally skating:

“The committee has used the past few years to learn about how the penalty matrix is used, and that leads to consistency,” Sankey said. “I think people observe that there are inconsistencies whether it’s decisions or penalties, yet the committee knows when we are reviewing these cases that absolutely every one of these circumstances is unique. There is no way to create absolute uniformity until all the rules violations are uniform, which will never happen. The ability to look at all of the decisions and understand the context — all of that has helped.”
    http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...omes-new-chair