The Chronicles of Redick

For those who have been waiting since the last podcast came out on October 31, 2016 like me (I'll admit I don't know how many people are like me and couldn't wait for a new episode each and every week), JJ's podcast finally made its long awaited return this morning. Aptly titled The Chronicles of Redick** the podcast is no longer associated with The Vertical, as Redick has now taken his talents to UNINTERRUPTED, the company started by LeBron and his longtime business partner Maverick Carter. Carter, the CEO, happened to be JJ's first guest where they discussed things such as the free agency process, as well as a new video project JJ completed with UNINTERRUPTED that documented his entire free agency.

LeBron even tweeted at JJ this morning saying:
    Happy to have u aboard @JJRedick. #ChroniclesOfRedick is a sick name!!
    For those interested, give the new episode a listen here!!!

**for those who may not remember, The Chronicles of Redick happens to be the title of the poster that Duke sold of JJ, during his NPOY and All-American senior season

Quote Originally Posted by atoomer0881 View Post
    For those who have been waiting since the last podcast came out on October 31, 2016 like me (I'll admit I don't know how many people are like me and couldn't wait for a new episode each and every week), JJ's podcast finally made its long awaited return this morning. Aptly titled The Chronicles of Redick** the podcast is no longer associated with The Vertical, as Redick has now taken his talents to UNINTERRUPTED, the company started by LeBron and his longtime business partner Maverick Carter. Carter, the CEO, happened to be JJ's first guest where they discussed things such as the free agency process, as well as a new video project JJ completed with UNINTERRUPTED that documented his entire free agency.

LeBron even tweeted at JJ this morning saying:

For those interested, give the new episode a listen here!!!

**for those who may not remember, The Chronicles of Redick happens to be the title of the poster that Duke sold of JJ, during his NPOY and All-American senior season
    Thanks for mentioning this! Will definitely have to take a listen. Note that The Chronicles of Redick is a play on the words of 2004 sci-fi adventure movie The Chronicles of Riddick, so I assume that's where it came from.

Wow. J.J. is a great interviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by WillJ View Post
    Wow. J.J. is a great interviewer.
    J.J. is an impressive dude. Smart, interesting, confident and, by the way, one heck of a great college basketball player.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    J.J. is an impressive dude. Smart, interesting, confident and, by the way, one heck of a great college basketball player.
    And beautiful. Don't forget beautiful.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    He has also developed into one heck of an NBA player, too!

The podcast is a really smart idea (since he's good at it). He's going to be set to transition almost immediately to the media side of things when he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    He has also developed into one heck of an NBA player, too!

The podcast is a really smart idea (since he's good at it). He's going to be set to transition almost immediately to the media side of things when he retires.
    Yea the guy's really got a great head on his shoulders. that Duke education certainly doesn't hurt haha

There's a 15 minute documentary on JJ's free agency up on Uninterrupted. Link here.

It's an interesting watch. Provides a bit more insight into what players go through during free agency. Quick mention of Coach K.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    There's a 15 minute documentary on JJ's free agency up on Uninterrupted. Link here.

It's an interesting watch. Provides a bit more insight into what players go through during free agency. Quick mention of Coach K.
    thanks for posting this! was waiting to see the video!

I thought JJ did a great job with his Vertical podcast. From the beginning until now, his on mic improvement has been huge. I always appreciate his candor which, when combined with his intelligence, makes for a really interesting listen. He's pretty opinionated which also makes for a good listen.

Interesting that Lebron/Mav are going head-to-head with the Players Tribune with this "Uninterrupted" platform. On the pod with JJ, Maverick Carter says they want it to be the "HBO of direct player access" or something, which tells me they want it to be edgier than Player's Tribune. The JJ mini-doc is really interesting, especially the cinema verite between JJ and his wife as they are discussing different possible free agent destinations. On the pod, JJ and Carter go pretty deep about the back channel "tampering" that runs rampant every season as free agents-to-be start trying to zero in on their next contract, a process that seems to be active for an entire year, not just a few days in early July, despite what the rules say.

JJ is just great in his podcasts. I really enjoy them. He says at least once every other Wednesday... but will strive for every Wednesday. Cool

Great video with JJ

Check out the youtube video on JJ. I think it's titled The Process with JJ Redick.