Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The 2016 Carolina Panthers - Highway to...

starts tonight...

can they contain Vonn Miller?

can they get the fresh twist on the running game?

can newton make benjamin a star?

can luke welcome the bronco's rookie QB appropriately?

can Cash get some minutes?
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

19-0 starts here.

Keep Pounding.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    starts tonight...

can they contain Vonn Miller?They better or Cam will have a long night

can they get the fresh twist on the running game?Not sure they need a fresh twist other than using Artis-Payne a little more. Running game just needs to be good and anything else is gravy.

can newton make benjamin a star?Benjamin can be a star without Cam but together they could become a very dangerous combo. Combine that with teams having give him more attention could lead to Olsen and especially Ginn to run free. It's like pick your poison as long as Cam has time to throw the ball

can luke welcome the bronco's rookie QB appropriately?Pressure him into mistakes...make the game speed up for him and we have a great chance

can Cash get some minutes?
    I sure hope so. We need people in the secondary to step up
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

I'm not to worried about the game tonight. Panthers are easily the better team and it showed even in a loss to them in Superbowl.

Only concern is we try to hard and force things which leads to turnovers.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Looking solid. If our secondary learn how to tackle...good things are bound to happen.

Cam is playing pissed. Needs to dial it back a half step to not fire lazers into his WR hands.

i, for one, don't fear cam getting hurt...i never WANT him to get hurt, but the panthers have the best back up in the nfl...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Ugh. Second half offense has been non existent.

gano over corrects after the freeze and we lose...

good thing i didn't put 19-0 in my thread title...

Well that sucked.

Great game. 255 more NFL regular season ga message to go.

Way too early to be overly critical.

I agree it was a good game.

I am surprised a veteran Panthers defense did not make a first time starting quarterback look silly. Siemian (sp?) played a pretty solid game.

I didn't like what appeared to be a lot of cheap / late hits on Cam.

I thought the Panthers O line (maybe the right guard or tackle) got away with movement on the line almost every offensive play.

My son said the play Benjamin scored on was basically the same play Benjamin scored on against the same defender in an ACC championship game. That's gotta sting.

I don't think the Panthers used enough Olsen until late in the game.

Overall, still expecting a great season from the Panthers. #KeepPounding

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Way too early to be overly critical...
    Well, in Detroit, that's baseline and always in season. We have eons of stored up criticism just busting the seams of the criticism storage sacks.

Saw a commercial on Fox Detroit MLB feed featuring Matt Stafford proclaiming that he's a person, too, just like everybody else. Really awe-inspiring.
    "emoji depicting no expression" inserted here.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I honest to god can't tell if refs don't give Cam any calls because he's big and gets the Shaq treatment, or if it's because he's a kind of obnoxious (to other fans, I love him, favorite athlete of all time) black QB who is incredible. I think it's a little bit of both. Not to say the officials are racist or anything, but we all have subconscious biases that manifest themselves in different ways...

TJ Ward is a punk, so is Stewart. They wouldn't line up against Cam in an Oklahoma drill, only when they can get a cheap shot at his head. He plows right through their grasses when he's running.

I'm never concerned about Cam when he's running, he can protect himself then. It's when he's a passer and the other team knows they can take more liberties with their shots because he never gets unnecessary roughness calls.

Carolina didn't lose because of that, it didn't help, but the fact that our D-Line let CJ Anderson and Trevor Simien just tear them up was the reason for the loss. That and a Graham Gano choke job.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    I honest to god can't tell if refs don't give Cam any calls because he's big and gets the Shaq treatment, or if it's because he's a kind of obnoxious (to other fans, I love him, favorite athlete of all time) black QB who is incredible. I think it's a little bit of both. Not to say the officials are racist or anything, but we all have subconscious biases that manifest themselves in different ways...
    Steelers fans have contended for years that Ben Roethlisberger has taken hits that were not flagged that would have been penalized if other QBs such as Brady or Peyton took the hit.

My guess is because big, physical QBs like Ben and Cam are able to stay upright longer when pressured to keep the play alive the refs regard some of the hits to be fair game in taking down someone who is bigger than DBs and comparable in size to front seven players.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta Duke View Post
    Steelers fans have contended for years that Ben Roethlisberger has taken hits that were not flagged that would have been penalized if other QBs such as Brady or Peyton took the hit.

My guess is because big, physical QBs like Ben and Cam are able to stay upright longer when pressured to keep the play alive the refs regard some of the hits to be fair game in taking down someone who is bigger than DBs and comparable in size to front seven players.
    I think this has less to do with the size of the player, than with the player's status, if you will. Kind of like, anybody who breathed within 10 feet of St. Tyler Hansblahblah got whistled.

As a Redskins fan, I am just happy that we are no longer the ones experiencing "Gano depression," or is it "Gano frustration," or is it "Gano exasperation." Not sure what to call it, just glad I don't have to suffer from it anymore.

Panthers, thank you. Panthers fans, I'm sorry.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

He drained the first one.

As a person who enjoyed the drama of the game and isn't attached to the Panthers, I am mostly upset that this will lead to another entire season of kickers getting iced over and over.

Jeez.

I'm not a Panthers fan (some of us Duke fans have never lived anywhere near the state Duke is in, you know), but I'm not a hater of them either (I was even barely rooting for them in the Super Bowl), but finding this thread this morning is pretty funny.

The Panthers' defense looked fairly shaky considering they were facing a very green QB and an inconsistent RB. Siemien didn't do anything groundbreaking, but he also made few mistakes.