Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Canada spanks USA U-19 team (coached by Calipari) 99-87

It's not as easy as it looks, Cal.

Canada advances to the gold medal game against Italy. USA will play for bronze against Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    It's not as easy as it looks, Cal.

Canada advances to the gold medal game against Italy. USA will play for bronze against Spain.
    Waiting for Calipari's personal press agent, Adrian Woj, to pin the blame on K.

Owwwwww i mean WOW

Pretty funny since cal is the coach and in the lakers summer league game last night commentator PJ Carlisimo announced the dominance of USA basketball being on top in every age group men and womens hoops in international play. then a day later this happens!! Very patriotic but bronze never looked so good to this here proud 'Merican!

Box Score here.

RJ Barrett led the way for Canada with 38 points. Whether he reclassifies to 2018 or stays in 2019, hopefully Duke is all over this kid.

Box Score here.

RJ Barrett led the way for Canada with 38 points. Whether he reclassifies to 2018 or stays in 2019, hopefully Duke is all over this kid.
    He was literally doing whatever he wanted all over the court against USA's best players.

And we even got 206 minutes for our players/team according to the box score and Canada only was allowed to play 200 minutes total. Even more embarrassing.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Jonathan GivonyVerified account @DraftExpress 11m11 minutes ago
    No press conference following the conclusion of this game. FIBA officials asked John Calipari to come answer questions, but were shut down.

Jonathan GivonyVerified account @DraftExpress 39m39 minutes ago
    John Calipari is about to become the first coach of a USA Basketball squad to lose a game since Paul Hewitt (now a NBA scout) in 2011.

Sore loser?

Jonathan GivonyVerified account @DraftExpress 11m11 minutes ago
    No press conference following the conclusion of this game. FIBA officials asked John Calipari to come answer questions, but were shut down.
    Stay classy, John.

When twitter told me this was a game, I watched the final 6 minutes and found myself rooting for Canada as an anti-Cal move. I never root against the USA.

HA HA HA!

Zagoria claims we are in the mix for Barett. Dude is TOUGH!

My love of the USA far outweighs my dislike of any coach. The result of this game is deeply disappointing.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    My love of the USA far outweighs my dislike of any coach. The result of this game is deeply disappointing.
    Ditto

I thought mine was too, but my emotions showed my true colors.

Definitely agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I thought mine was too, but my emotions showed my true colors.
    Yep. Let me know when the Olympics begin. Otherwise, meh. Love seeing Calipari lose. The one time I can remember rooting strongly for him--Kentucky v. UNC in the 2017 NCAAs--he blew it. Though I didn't think it possible, his team's loss to an inferior UNC team made me dislike him even more.

I agree with the bolded statement AND I enjoyed the result of this game. (i.e. I think my love of country is irrelevant to my reaction to this result.)

Wow, Cam Reddish with the -24 . . . was hoping at least he showed up to play.

That kid on Canada RJ Barrett looked like the 2nd coming of LeBron James today. And apparently he's just about to be a HS JUNIOR?? Wow.

Please get him Coach K.

Box Score here.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Wow, Cam Reddish with the -24 . . . was hoping at least he showed up to play.
    Cam is a little too 3 happy for my liking. He's a beast athlete and slasher and needs to play to his strengths.

He shot 4 of his 7 shots from 3 vs Canada and missed them all. He shot 28% from 3 on the EYBL circuit. He did shoot 11-21 in 6 games in the tournament...but those 21 shots were 58% of his total FGs.

He needs to work on being consistent from 3 and needs to rely on it less.

As a Canadian and a Duke fan - this makes me very happy

#poorcoachcal - and not talking to media after? tsk tsk.