Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I'm making the prediction right now... Celtics win the East.

They lose Bradley (a significant loss) and Olynyk from last year. They add Heyward, Tatum, Morris, and the young guys like Brown and Smart get a year older. No one is so old that we have to worry about a significant decline in production with age.

Unless Cleveland pulls off some miracle deal for Kyrie or Love that makes them a lot better, I think the Celtics have done enough to bridge the gap between those teams. I also think the Celtics are constructed better to get themselves home court from regular season success. And I suspect the Cavs are going to be somewhat dysfunctional all season long.

-Jason "And I won't be at all surprised if Ainge makes a deal mid-season that adds the big man piece that will put the Celtics over the top" Evans
    Don't do this to yourself Jason. Even without Irving, I don't see how the Celtics can beat the Cavs as long as LeBron is on their team. Hayward gives them another proven scorer but they will still get bullied on the boards by the Cavs and they have no one capable of stopping LeBron.

The Cs time is coming though. As soon as LeBron leaves in the Summer of 2018, the Celtics will be the new kings of the Eastern Conference...unless Giannis turns into the next LBJ already by then.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I think the more realistic dream trade would be to go after Anthony Davis via trade. That guy makes sense with who the Celtics have, and unlike LeBron actually may have a chance of happening.

Davis also aligns better with the age of the team, and helps mitigate some of Thomas' defensive woes.
    I thought AD would be a great target for Boston, but that window may have closed with them giving Jrue Holiday $125 million. IT would have seemed to be a key trade chip to make the salaries work, plus some of that future pick wealth Boston has. But now New Orleans has Rondo and Holiday, so Thomas seems like bad fit.

That leaves Horford and I dont know that works unless New Orleans gets all Boston's pick assets.

Would you do Horford + Brooklyn pick + Philly/Sacramento pick for Davis? Boston should do that now given the Cavs implosion. But would the Pelicans? What do they think Cousins wants next summer? Do we think Davis wants out?

Quinn Cook got waived by the Phone in part to make room for a newly drafted Frank Jackson...

Hope he lands somewhere with a chance to shine. Any one forsee any good landing spots for a 2/3rd string pg?

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzle View Post
    Quinn Cook got waived by the Phone in part to make room for a newly drafted Frank Jackson...

Hope he lands somewhere with a chance to shine. Any one forsee any good landing spots for a 2/3rd string pg?
    Minnesota? Tyus and Quinn together again? We can sign Matt, Amile, and Marshall and have ourselves a championship contender. :P

If Delly can get a spot as a PG in the NBA, so can Quinn.

From the front page...our Arry looking his old self!!

Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Brandon Knight out for the season with torn ACL. maybe opens a spot for Quinn.

J.J. in Philly

Nice article in Philly.com
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...-20170720.html

regarding J.J. and his thinking about leaving the Clippers and going to the Sixers. I didn't know he had a house in Brooklyn...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post

regarding J.J. and his thinking about leaving the Clippers and going to the Sixers. I didn't know he had a house in Brooklyn...

A tree grows there ...

Is it where he dwells?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Is it where he dwells?
    The pictures of JJ's apartment that I've seen do make it look a bit like a castle
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Brandon Knight out for the season with torn ACL. maybe opens a spot for Quinn.
    Keith Smith
    @KeithSmithNBA

Already hearing from some teams that they will consider claiming Quinn Cook on waivers. Min deal, so it does not require cap space to claim.12:23 PM · Jul 25, 2017

Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Is it where he dwells?
    Maybe, maybe not, but it is still where the tree grows.

Very good article. Thank you for sharing. I can't blame him at all for not going to the Rockets.

Damn. Top 3 favorite Dukie. I'm convinced he'll land somewhere great.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Willing to wager on that? I'm a huuuuuuuuuge Celtics fan, and I agree with nearly everything in your post, especially about the Cavs being dysfunctional all season long (when are they not dysfunctional? Welcome to the World of Lebron!).

Wager:
    Celts in Finals: JE wins
    Cavs in Finals: FDD wins
    Someone else in Finals: no one wins

Bet: 1 week of singing the other's praises.

Accept?
    Well, everyone seems to think I am crazy and I am clearly taking the underdog in this scenario. I'm tempted to ask for a sweetener, like no winner if the Cavs need 7 games to take out the Celtics... but if you want to do it straight up, I will do it.

We have an accord!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I posted that earlier when the NY papers reported that he was considering the Nets. In Dumbo, a hot area.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Well, everyone seems to think I am crazy and I am clearly taking the underdog in this scenario. I'm tempted to ask for a sweetener, like no winner if the Cavs need 7 games to take out the Celtics... but if you want to do it straight up, I will do it.

We have an accord!
    Let's add that sweetener. I'm confident enough that the Cavs will score a big enough haul for Kyrie (my guess is Bledsoe, Dudley, and Chandler for Kyrie and Shumpert) to basically be same team with slightly less offense but better defense.

Bet set.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Let's add that sweetener. I'm confident enough that the Cavs will score a big enough haul for Kyrie (my guess is Bledsoe, Dudley, and Chandler for Kyrie and Shumpert) to basically be same team with slightly less offense but better defense.

Bet set.
    Not positive on the trade you have listed. You guys might find yourselves with Andrew Wiggins, in which case it might somehow be worse defense. I hope you can get Jeff Teague, Taj Gibson and a first for him, but that would take until like December.

Damn. Top 3 favorite Dukie. I'm convinced he'll land somewhere great.
    He has cleared waivers, in part to some tough enforcement of the rules that are designed to prevent potential G League players from making too much money.

He does have some NBA interest for a new contract, but Malaga in Spain has also targeted him.