RIP Chester Bennington

Breaking news that Linkin Park's lead singer Chester Bennington was found dead this morning from an apparent suicide. He was a close friend of Chris Cornell's and actually performed at his funeral recently. Today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday. So sad. I saw him in concert multiple times and actually had tickets to see them in Charlotte next month. He was amazing live. So talented.
    "The future ain't what it used to be."

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    Breaking news that Linkin Park's lead singer Chester Bennington was found dead this morning from an apparent suicide. He was a close friend of Chris Cornell's and actually performed at his funeral recently. Today would have been Cornell's 53rd birthday. So sad. I saw him in concert multiple times and actually had tickets to see them in Charlotte next month. He was amazing live. So talented.
    I hate this.

What a horrible year for rock.

So truly weird. Weren't they on a small venue tour this summer? The terrible illness of depression.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

They were schedled to play the AT&T Center here in San Antonio next month. SiriusXM sent an e-mail at 1:55 local with an opportunity to win tickets. 5 minutes or so later, the news that Mr. Bennington had passed broke. LP marked the end of the "angry" rock of my youth.

He tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it didn't really matter.

Maybe those lyrics were extremely heartfelt.