Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    At the Marathon Classic, Celine Boutier made the cut but finished in 62nd place at one over (winner was 14 under).

Brittany Lincicome, the sixth woman to ever compete on the PGA tour, finished near the bottom after two days at the Barbasol Championship, a PGA satellite tournament.

Julian Suri sits at T40 in The Open, his first major. He is nine back.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gen View Post
    Brittany Lincicome, the sixth woman to ever compete on the PGA tour, finished near the bottom after two days at the Barbasol Championship, a PGA satellite tournament.

Lincicome can pound the ball, but the Brittany that went to Duke was Brittany Lang.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Lincicome can pound the ball, but the Brittany that went to Duke was Brittany Lang.
    OK, then I say she wanted to go to Duke but was not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gen View Post

Suri making a mini-run this morn to -3 and tie for 20th. Wonder if a top 10 in The Open would give him at least partial PGA tour eligibility next year?

Streels makes the PGA AND trolls Lefty

This will get him a lot of publicity …

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/gol...cid=spartanntp

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    This will get him a lot of publicity …

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/gol...cid=spartanntp
    Julian Suri also qualified. He and Streelman both tee off this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Julian Suri also qualified. He and Streelman both tee off this morning.
    Our man Streels missed the cut with a +2. He had it going on the front nine, but made three bogies on the back nine. Streelman was a last-day addition to the field.

Our newest hero is Julian Suri, playing on the European Tour, who is tied for 12th. He just eagled the par five 17th -- with a one-foot tap-in. Julian trails the leaders by five shots.

Due to rain delays the third round has yet to begin. In fact, pairings can't be made until all the players finish their second round. The third round will have a split field, the top half teeing off on number one; the remainder teeing off on ten.

Of course, the PGA being a major, DBR has an interesting off-topic thread and contests underway.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Our man Streels missed the cut with a +2. He had it going on the front nine, but made three bogies on the back nine. Streelman was a last-day addition to the field.
    Streelman was rolling until he hit his tee shot on #2 (his 11th hole as he started on the back nine) in the water. Unfortunate, but that's golf.
    Bob Green

Julian just finished delayed second round. Had a kick in eagle 3 on 17. He's five off the lead at -5. He was described variously as powerful, a world class player and a Duke grad. Tiger at -4

Streels missed cut by two.

Dick Groat's Great Nephew wins the PGA. Outlasts Tiger and Adam Scott.

Wes Roach

Wes Roach, another Duke golfer, finished in the top 25 of the Web.com Tour Finals today. This means he gets his PGA tour card for the late 2018/2019 season. This gives us 3 on tour next year along with Streelman and Blaum.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Wes Roach, another Duke golfer, finished in the top 25 of the Web.com Tour Finals today. This means he gets his PGA tour card for the late 2018/2019 season. This gives us 3 on tour next year along with Streelman and Blaum.
    Here's a semi-official notice. He eagled the last hole, earning his PGA Tour card:

From Twitter:
    Web.com Tour
    ‏Verified account @WebDotComTour
    4h4 hours ago

With an eagle on the 72nd hole @WebTourChamp, @DukeMGOLF alum @wes_roach_ secures a spot in The Finals 25 and a @PGATOUR return — for the first time as a dad.
    Sage Grouse