Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by FadedTackyShirt View Post
    Thanks, I would have thought a day game would be better for a (post-game) Derm crawl. Especially after Cut and the good guys kick the crap out of the 'Noles.
    I may even wear the "Eat Me" cake outfit to the game, since it worked in South Bend.

Shock the world, baby!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I may even wear the "Eat Me" cake outfit to the game, since it worked in South Bend.

Shock the world, baby!
    Was it accented with a Jackie O pillbox hat? Stanford band's salute to the potato famine pissed off the leprechauns.

A Notre Dame home football game is pretty cool. South Bend and the drive to/from Chicago, not so much. Iffn we ever go again, we'll stay in Chitown and take the train. A lot trickier for hoops.

Thanks, I would have thought a day game would be better for a (post-game) Derm crawl. Especially after Cut and the good guys kick the crap out of the 'Noles.
    That'd be a good plan, too, but, after 2-3 hours of tailgating and sampling safe/reasonable quantities of fine ales, I'm done sipping about 15 minutes before kick-off.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Was it accented with a Jackie O pillbox hat? Stanford band's salute to the potato famine pissed off the leprechauns.

A Notre Dame home football game is pretty cool. South Bend and the drive to/from Chicago, not so much. Iffn we ever go again, we'll stay in Chitown and take the train. A lot trickier for hoops.
    You obviously overlook the beauty of industrial blight, shuttered towns, and corn fields.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    You obviously overlook the beauty of industrial blight, shuttered towns, and corn fields.
    My family lived outside Chicago for most of the '60s. My parents went to a game in South Bend every year and they said it was a grim drive even 50 years ago.

Lots of cool OOC road trips coming up (Army, Northwestern, 'Bama in ATL, Tulane). Illinois, Baylor, and Kansas are rural drives, but not nearly as rough as Chicago to South Bend.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    That game does not show up on the goduke.com ticket online site right now. I believe you must call the ticket office/Iron Dukes to order. Similar to how the Alabama game was handled a few years back. So...if you want tickets, join the Iron Dukes.
    Talked to the ticket office about FSU tickets. Was told only way to get FSU tickets was via season tickets or three game mini plans and that even Iron Dukes won't be able to buy individual FSU tickets.

Didn't sound credible to me. Thought a minimal Iron Duke donation would work. Guess we'll buy a West Side mini plan and flip tickets for two games.

Talked to the ticket office about FSU tickets. Was told only way to get FSU tickets was via season tickets or three game mini plans and that even Iron Dukes won't be able to buy individual FSU tickets.

Didn't sound credible to me. Thought a minimal Iron Duke donation would work. Guess we'll buy a West Side mini plan and flip tickets for two games.
    Pardon my ignorance, but how on earth can tickets to a game in Wally Wade be this difficult to acquire, even against a strong opponent like FSU?! The Noles certainly do not travel in numbers similar to the Tide. What am I missing?

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but how on earth can tickets to a game in Wally Wade be this difficult to acquire, even against a strong opponent like FSU?! The Noles certainly do not travel in numbers similar to the Tide. What am I missing?
    I could be wrong, but I think your suspicions are well justified...I believe the athletic dept is attempting to recreate the magic (except for the drubbing) of the Bama game a few years ago in which Bama fans had to buy Duke season tickets.
    But as you say, it's most unlikely FSU will travel in numbers anywhere close to Bama's...I will be stunned if tickets are not plentiful at game time...if the athletic dept can coerce a bunch of people (FSU fans/Duke fans, whomever) to buy
    season tickets, it's a financial win. Basically, I think they're trying to create the illusion of scarcity where it truly does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think your suspicions are well justified...I believe the athletic dept is attempting to recreate the magic (except for the drubbing) of the Bama game a few years ago in which Bama fans had to buy Duke season tickets.
    But as you say, it's most unlikely FSU will travel in numbers anywhere close to Bama's...I will be stunned if tickets are not plentiful at game time...if the athletic dept can coerce a bunch of people (FSU fans/Duke fans, whomever) to buy
    season tickets, it's a financial win. Basically, I think they're trying to create the illusion of scarcity where it truly does not exist.
    Interesting strategy. Could backfire if we play poorly early and/or FSU doesn't start their season on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Interesting strategy. Could backfire if we play poorly early and/or FSU doesn't start their season on fire.
    I'd love to be proved wrong, every seat filled, etc, etc...but I've spent quite a few decades in WW and I just don't see it happening for this particular game...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I'd love to be proved wrong, every seat filled, etc, etc...but I've spent quite a few decades in WW and I just don't see it happening for this particular game...
    Stubhub already has tickets for the FSU game at below face value.

From the goduke.com ticket page, you can see they are trying to use the FSU game as bait to sell more tickets.
    They have a 2 and 3 game package available, but not for any set of 2 or 3 games. They are either for FSU/Baylor, or FSU/Baylor/GT. Also, only for the east side seats.

I wonder how long they will stick to this strategy.

Illinois, Baylor, and Kansas are rural drives, but not nearly as rough as Chicago to South Bend.
    Baylor offers the bonus attraction of spending time in Austin. Enough of y'all fly here instead of Dallas (Waco is precisely 100 miles from both Dallas and Austin), and we'll get an Iron Dukes bus in and out of that hell-hole.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    Baylor offers the bonus attraction of spending time in Austin. Enough of y'all fly here instead of Dallas (Waco is precisely 100 miles from both Dallas and Austin), and we'll get an Iron Dukes bus in and out of that hell-hole.
    Or, as in Jerry Jeff Walker's version of the Charlie Pride song:
    Is anybody goin' to San Antone or Phoenix, Arizona?
    Any place is all right as long as I don't have to go to Waco.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Stubhub already has tickets for the FSU game at below face value.

From the goduke.com ticket page, you can see they are trying to use the FSU game as bait to sell more tickets.
    They have a 2 and 3 game package available, but not for any set of 2 or 3 games. They are either for FSU/Baylor, or FSU/Baylor/GT. Also, only for the east side seats.

I wonder how long they will stick to this strategy.
    That's funny and totally predictable..we'll see how it goes...would be unfortunate for some Duke fans to decide not to come because they're led to believe tickets are sold out...seems gratuitously greedy to me.

Less than a month to go!!

Any Thoughts on Game Time for Duke @ UNC?

Do we have any ideas on when this September 23 game will be played?

Kindly,
    Sage Grouse
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

Kindly,
    Sage Grouse
    Impossible to guess at this point unless you are an insider with the ACC or ESPN. It's a function of how ESPN juggles all the P5 games they have contracted that weekend. There are 30 TBD games involving P5 conference teams that day.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

Kindly,
    Sage Grouse
    As long as it's not on Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    As long as it's not on Thursday night.
    But if it was on a Thursday night, at least you would know what time the game will be months in advance.

FWIW (not sure where else to put this) -- the Miami-FSU game postponed from yesterday will now be the week after we play Miami. Hope the Canes start looking ahead a bit early . . . .