View Poll Results: Who wins and in how many games?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cavs in 4

2 1.96%
  • Cavs in 5

1 0.98%
  • Cavs in 6

20 19.61%
  • Cavs in 7

19 18.63%
  • Warriors in 4

1 0.98%
  • Warriors in 5

15 14.71%
  • Warriors in 6

31 30.39%
  • Warriors in 7

13 12.75%
Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NBA Finals

2017 NBA Finals

The threematch deserves its own thread, plus a poll!
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Rooting for the Cavs, but I think the Warriors simply have too much.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I think LeBron wills the Cavs to the title. Guy is a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Yeah. I think this too. Lebron will need to play like Lebron and Kyrie/Love/[JR/Frye/Williams] will have to have great games for at least half of he games.

This will be an amazing series.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Yeah. I think this too. Lebron will need to play like Lebron and Kyrie/Love/[JR/Frye/Williams] will have to have great games for at least half of he games.

This will be an amazing series.
    Agreed! Clash of the titans.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    They would additionally need one of GSW's stars to have a bad series and be a goat, imo.

Picked GSW in 6. Would've picked a sweep prior to the playoffs.

you never know when Curry is apt to tweak an ankle or something...

If the warriors wouldn't of added yet another superstar, I would have said the cavs in 4. But Lebron is loose. All the pressure is on GSW. They SHOULD win with that roster. Heck, they should sweep with that roster. But LBJ is playing the best basketball of his career. Kyrie is better than last year and Love has flippped a switch in the playoffs. With all that said, I'm taking the cavs in 6.
    LBJ is good for at least 2 wins by himself and I think the supporting cast can come up with another 2. Defend the LAND!

Cavs in 7. The tremendous trio of James, Irving, Love will just tip the scales, they all are playing better than last year, while Curry has not been doing so overall. And the Cavs are always physical with him. He also is a bit injury prone. A big key is how do Kyrie's ankles hold up. A key if it happens: Durant will vanish during one critical game.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    If the warriors wouldn't of added yet another superstar, I would have said the cavs in 4. But Lebron is loose. All the pressure is on GSW. They SHOULD win with that roster. Heck, they should sweep with that roster. But LBJ is playing the best basketball of his career. Kyrie is better than last year and Love has flippped a switch in the playoffs. With all that said, I'm taking the cavs in 6.
    LBJ is good for at least 2 wins by himself and I think the supporting cast can come up with another 2. Defend the LAND!
    Will be rooting for your Cavs, Vegas.

It would be amazing for Cleveland to go back-to-back by beating the greatest team of all-time two years in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    They would additionally need one of GSW's stars to have a bad series and be a goat, imo.

Picked GSW in 6. Would've picked a sweep prior to the playoffs.
    GSW holds the wildcards. Curry can get locked up again by the Cavs. Or Draymond could do some Draymond things.

I'm expecting LBJ to average 35/10/8 for the series and Kyrie to have at least one 40+ game. I'm also expecting Love to get shut down.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Absolutely rooting for the Cavs, but I just don't think they have the defense to stop the Warriors. They would need an injury/illness/suspension for KD, Steph, or Draymond to pull off the upset.

This Warriors team is the best basketball team I've ever seen. Period.

My heart wants to say Cavs in 6, but my head says GS in 6. Unless some weird shenanigans happens (injury or suspension on either side), I think GS just has the better team offensively and defensively. Then again, they do seem to be a little fragile mentally, and the Cavs are on a roll (not that GS isn't as well). If the Cavs can come together defensively even more (would have been easier if Bogut hadn't broken his leg a minute into his Cavs career), and Kevin Love keeps his play up, then they could repeat. A bit of a toss up as I could see either team win it. But the Cavs have Kyrie (and Dahntay) and GS has Green (my least favorite player, ever), so go Cavs!

If the Spurs had been whole and given the Warriors a competitive 7 game series, I could see the Cavs maybe pulling the upset, but not when the Warriors have played 12 games in the past month and are fully rested and healthy. They played 5 extra games up to this point last year, including a grueling 7 game series against the Thunder in the conference finals, and the Cavs still needed a Draymond Green suspension to get back momentum in the series.

I don't think the Warriors are going to lose this one. They also have the chip on their shoulder from losing last year. They will take care of business, and this probably will go down as one of the most predictable NBA playoffs ever.

Cavs need to win game 1 to have a chance. Warriors are very tough but the Cavs are fully capable of staying close and then anything can happen. But I think the first game will be very telling.

I'm pulling for the Cavs to win (Kyrie + Dhantay!!!), but i have a feeling that GSW is gonna pull this one out. GSW added one of the best players in the game to their roster and the Cavs will have a healthy K-Love. Other than that the two teams are very similar to last year, which GSW would have won if Draymond hadn't been a total fool.
    On paper at least, it seems GSW has too many weapons: Curry, Thompson, Durant and Green are all either among the best players in the NBA at their position or the best. OTOH, the Cavs' big 3 are all playing excellent basketball at the same time.
    Iguodala is an excellent defender, but i don't see him doing too much damage to LBJ, he might slow him down some. Kyrie is a blur, and i don't see how anybody on the GSW roster can really contain him (he's improved even since last year). On the flip side, who do the Cavs have that can guard Curry? KT? Durant?
    I don't have any analysis really, but it seems that the Cavs' best shot is that their physicality can overwhelm GSW. GSW's shooting and elite skill at 4 positions has carried them all year, and if the Cavs can't deny those aspects, i don't see how they top GSW.

On a side note, this super team stuff has got to go. Now way in heck should a team who went to the finals be able to add a 4th superstar,who is top 5 in the league, for the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    On a side note, this super team stuff has got to go. Now way in heck should a team who went to the finals be able to add a 4th superstar,who is top 5 in the league, for the next season.
    Why not? I like seeing the players have a say in team construction.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Why not? I like seeing the players have a say in team construction.
    I like parity. It's hard to get invested in the NBA as a whole when there are only 2-3 teams who have a chance to win it. I watched the cavs a lot this year but it was all wasted time. Everyone knew it would be them vs. GSW or maybe the spurs.

Cleveland wins 4-2.

The Cavs have Lebron and Golden State doesn't.