Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Agreed. I was merely suggesting that one should not being a bag of kosher salt. Too expensive. Common table salt works, although the large rock salt used for ice cream makers and melting ice up north likely works best.

Time for the full Carthage.
    The "full Carthage" requires multiple applications of salt. I might suggest varying the type for a wider range of killing effect.

Maybe we could add a Devil twist to the Full Carthage by cross-plowing and salting additional times at a 45 degree skew from the original.

An extra personal touch I'd enjoy would probably get me arrested by the chappa heeya Barney Fife.

Oh yeah, then drop the MOAB. Or start with the MOAB while the heels have simultaneous home basketball and football games.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    The "full Carthage" requires multiple applications of salt. I might suggest varying the type for a wider range of killing effect.
    I have a friend who is a great chef, and considers himself a connoisseur of salts. A few weeks ago, I was going to cook something and asked him to bring over some sea salt for a salmon recipe I was preparing. "What kind do you want me to bring," he asked. "Black Sea salt? Mediterranean Sea salt? Dead Sea salt?"

"Oh, it doesn't matter" I replied. "NaCl do."

I have a friend who is a great chef, and considers himself a connoisseur of salts. A few weeks ago, I was going to cook something and asked him to bring over some sea salt for a salmon recipe I was preparing. "What kind do you want me to bring," he asked. "Black Sea salt? Mediterranean Sea salt? Dead Sea salt?"

"Oh, it doesn't matter" I replied. "NaCl do."
    You are Sooooooooooooooooooooooo picky!

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

Maybe we could add a Devil twist to the Full Carthage by cross-plowing and salting additional times at a 45 degree skew from the original.

An extra personal touch I'd enjoy would probably get me arrested by the chappa heeya Barney Fife.

Oh yeah, then drop the MOAB. Or start with the MOAB while the heels have simultaneous home basketball and football games.
    Let’s not overlook the possibility that Chapel Hill may be destroyed by fire and brimstone, in default of there being found even ten righteous people in the city. Remember to look not behind thee as you leave the city.

Quote Originally Posted by swood1000 View Post
    Let’s not overlook the possibility that Chapel Hill may be destroyed by fire and brimstone, in default of there being found even ten righteous people in the city. Remember to look not behind thee as you leave the city.
    Can we have a couple of named individuals (say, ol Roy) to look back, and thus be turned into pillars of salt? We could find some uses for the salt nearby, at a later point.

Can we have a couple of named individuals (say, ol Roy) to look back, and thus be turned into pillars of salt? We could find some uses for the salt nearby, at a later point.
    "Just a song of Gomorrah, I wonder what they did there
    Must've been a bad thing to get shot down for
    I wonder how they blew it up or if they burned it down
    Get out, get out Mr. Lot and don't you turn around.

"Who gave you your orders, someone from the sky
    I heard a voice inside my head in the desert wind so dry

"I heard a voice tellin' me to flee the very same voice I always believe
    Say a lot of trouble comin', but it don't have to come to you
    I'm telling you so you can tell the rest what you've been through.

"But don't you turn around, no, don't look after you
    It's not your business how it's done, you're lucky to get through
    You're a good upstanding man, a credit to the flock
    But if you don't face straight ahead you could not take the shock

"Blew the city off the map, left nothing there but fire
    The wife of Lot got turned to salt, because she looked behind her.
    Because she
    looked
    be-hiiiiind"

-- Hunter/Garcia

Quote Originally Posted by Merlindevildog91 View Post
    Probably a Lot of them.

To the pain?
    "To the pain" means the first thing you lose will be your feet below the ankles, then your hands below the wrist, next your nose and then your tounge. The next thing you lose will be your left eye followed by your right. Your ears youy keep and I'll tell you why, so that every shriek of every child at seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish. Every babe who weeps at your approach, every woman who cries out "Dear God, what is that thing?" will echo in your perfect ears. That is what "to the pain" means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.

Sounds a bit too kind to those Cheaters in Chapel Hill! I don't want women and children crying at the sight of UNC's athletic programs, I want them laughing at them. I want "Carolina" to be the butt of all jokes and mocked by folks on a daily basis. Just as folks like Benedict Arnold are synonymous with traitors, I want Carolina to the reference for cheating and unethical behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I want "Carolina" to be the butt of all jokes and mocked by folks on a daily basis. Just as folks like Benedict Arnold are synonymous with traitors, I want Carolina to the reference for cheating and unethical behavior.
    Perhaps to go down in history as the true standard of wickedness, with people being warned that it will be more tolerable on the day of judgment for the land of Chapel Hill than it will be for them.

The Kaiser Soze of sports?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Probably a Lot of them.
    And the Lord said, "Go, morrah puns like these, please." Why? Because it sounds Sodom easy to think of them.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    And the Lord said, "Go, morrah puns like these, please." Why? Because it sounds Sodom easy to think of them.
    Sounds like the genesis of a new pun fest.

Sounds like the genesis of a new pun fest.
    Not exactly a Revelation.

And, just to keep it kinda/sorta on-topic in the off-season as pfrduke hinted last PM, GTHc, GTH.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Never forget the Prime Directive: "The Ceiling Is The Roof."

And, just to keep it kinda/sorta on-topic in the off-season as pfrduke hinted last PM, GTHc, GTH.
    It'll be kind of a tough Job bringing GTHc into each one.

It'll be kind of a tough Job bringing GTHc into each one.
    Consider it a responsibility for the privilege of posting on DBR ... small price to pay

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Never forget the Prime Directive: "The Ceiling Is The Roof."
    The value of a Carolina education on display right there.

So, to the extent there is anything to expect on topic, we have the release of the redacted infractions committee's response to look forward to in a few weeks, and then a hearing in just under a month. Am I missing anything?

The value of a Carolina education on display right there.

So, to the extent there is anything to expect on topic, we have the release of the redacted infractions committee's response to look forward to in a few weeks, and then a hearing in just under a month. Am I missing anything?
    Hopefully Huck will take it upon himself to get out in front of the release and impart some of his specials insights on the matter for us.

It just seems like the right thing to do...

Quote Originally Posted by hudlow View Post
    Hopefully Huck will take it upon himself to get out in front of the release and impart some of his specials insights on the matter for us.

It just seems like the right thing to do...
    I can hear it now:

"It's all Sylvia's fault."

We all expect that the COI Judges will be entirely Justified in being as Ruth less as possible. It will be Adam shame if they don’t recognize this UNC Babel for what it is and reach a complete conviction, sending them into exile.