Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

here's to a speedy recovery and on to a great season!!

Mike Bolognesi is a Durham native. Went to Jordan High School. Think his dad was a Duke doc, too. Just a tidbit of info.

I think I have figured out the cancellation of the trip to the Dominican Republic. Coach K got advanced word that Bagley would reclassify and enroll at Duke. The DR trip became a negative because a key player would not be available to play with the team. Aha! Coach K has an idea -- quit putting off replacement of his other knee and get it done now, so he is ready for the season. Obviously, the team can't go on a preseason trip without the head coach. Moreover, when practice starts October 1, he has his full team on the court (Deo volente).

Any takers on this explanation?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I think I have figured out the cancellation of the trip to the Dominican Republic. Coach K got advanced word that Bagley would reclassify and enroll at Duke. The DR trip became a negative because a key player would not be available to play with the team. Aha! Coach K has an idea -- quit putting off replacement of his other knee and get it done now, so he is ready for the season. Obviously, the team can't go on a preseason trip without the head coach. Moreover, when practice starts October 1, he has his full team on the court (Deo volente).

Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

That's 100% how it went down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    I think many posters have speculated this is what happened in the heads, but were fearful of putting out such a suggestion on this board. I mean, I don't know if that's a "good look" or not, or maybe optics snouldn't matter. But when Bagley said "only my family knew" that can't be true, right? I know there have been a few instances in the past where recruits truly do NOT tell the coaches ahead of time because they don't want any leaks, but I got the impression that in this case, the coaches of the schools did know ahead of time (although that's contrary to what they said last night).
    At what point was Danny Ferry brought into the conversation? Could "having a retired jersey number be made available" be considered an improper recruiting benefit? (just kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    At what point was Danny Ferry brought into the conversation? Could "having a retired jersey number be made available" be considered an improper recruiting benefit? (just kidding)
    It's possible Bagley asked Coach K / Ferry during his recruitment about number 32, and Ferry said "if you commit to Duke, you can have my number" BEFORE Bagley officially gave them word of his commitment. But, yes, I think that's unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibility. Funnily, I just deleted my post (but you quoted it quickly!) as I was thinking about this exact point and was going to edit it to include this caveat...

It's possible Bagley asked Coach K / Ferry during his recruitment about number 32, and Ferry said "if you commit to Duke, you can have my number" BEFORE Bagley officially gave them word of his commitment. But, yes, I think that's unlikely, but not out of the realm of possibility. Funnily, I just deleted my post (but you quoted it quickly!) as I was thinking about this exact point and was going to edit it to include this caveat...

# 35

If don't commit to Duke, you're not allowed to wear 35 anywhere. Ferry holds some clout amongst the NBA world.

I saw Danny on campus in June when Coach K was running his basketball camp. Could they have discussed it back then?

No monetary benefit, just like a unc phantom/paper/fake class.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by OZ View Post
    # 35
    Yep, he cannot have the GOAT Duke jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Yep, he cannot have the GOAT Duke jersey.
    I believe Singler's 12 is still available. 😃
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Back in the swing of things. The Kneed is real!!

Great news. We really kneed K!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Knee Heeled.