Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Next stop is the finals.

The 2017 NCAA Division I Men's Golf Championship will be the 79th annual tournament to determine the national champions of NCAA Division I men's golf. It will be contested from May 26 to 31 at the Rich Harvest Farms course in Sugar Grove, Illinois and hosted by Northern Illinois University.
    What is the course like? It is very, very flat out there in DeKalb. Is it just long or does the course use water or trees or whatever to be challenging and championship quality?

Well, to be fair, Sunday and Monday look very pleasant with sunny skies and the high around 70. So, those are pretty optimal conditions for playing a lot of golf. Cooling off Tuesday and Wednesday to the 60s with a chance of showers. Could be much worse. Looks like just Saturday is likely to be problematic.

Site of the NCAA golf tourneys

http://www.richharvestfarms.com/

Hosted The Western Am, so it's gotta be one special course.

We've had some interesting discussions about the arcane rules of golf. Here's a fun story of how it affected one of the NCAA Regionals (not to Duke).

http://www.sbnation.com/golf/2017/5/...ersity?src=rss

Enter Jacksonville University star David Wicks yesterday during the final round of the men’s D-1 Baton Rouge regional. Battling Northwestern for the fifth and final spot to advance to Nationals and compete for a national title on the final nine, Wicks inadvertently dropped his ball into a pond while waiting to make a formality of a 3-foot putt for par and finish the hole. The requisite and necessary recourse for this, of course, is getting half-naked and wading into a muddy Louisiana pond to find said ball.
    Last edited by Rich; 05-18-2017 at 10:50 AM.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    We've had some interesting discussions about the arcane rules of golf. Here's a fun story of how it affected one of the NCAA Regionals (not to Duke).

Enter Jacksonville University star David Wicks yesterday during the final round of the men’s D-1 Baton Rouge regional. Battling Northwestern for the fifth and final spot to advance to Nationals and compete for a national title on the final nine, Wicks inadvertently dropped his ball into a pond while waiting to make a formality of a 3-foot putt for par and finish the hole. The requisite and necessary recourse for this, of course, is getting half-naked and wading into a muddy Louisiana pond to find said ball.
    Brave guy. Lord only knows what kind of wildlife might be lurking in that pond. Alligators, water moccasins, etc.
    "I swear Roy must redeem extra timeouts at McDonald's the day after the game for free hamburgers." --Posted on InsideCarolina, 2/18/2015

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

I've heard stories of DukeTaylor getting (more than) half nekkid on the golf course many times. There was this one story about a beverage cart girl... OK, I'm just kidding. It was a remote controlled drone cart.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I've heard stories of DukeTaylor getting (more than) half nekkid on the golf course many times. There was this one story about a beverage cart girl... OK, I'm just kidding. It was a remote controlled drone cart.
    Glad you're kidding, because neither true nor pretty would that be. I'm a purist, not a naturalist!!