Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Bolden returns to Duke!

from DukeMBB twitter:

Duke BasketballVerified account @DukeMBB 7m7 minutes ago
    NEWS: Marques Bolden will return to Duke in 2017-18."I’m ready to get to work for next season ..."

Great news!

GoDuke article:

Despite rumors about my future that have circulated in recent days, I’m excited to announce that I’ll be returning to Duke for my sophomore year,” Bolden said. “I have unbelievable support from my family, teammates and coaches. I’m ready to get to work for next season and I’m excited for what should be a great year for our program.

Welcome back, Marques! Glad you will remain a Blue Devil.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    from DukeMBB twitter:

Duke BasketballVerified account @DukeMBB 7m7 minutes ago
    NEWS: Marques Bolden will return to Duke in 2017-18."I’m ready to get to work for next season ..."

Great news!
    He also put out his own tweet a few minutes ago. Great news!!

See now why we don't allow rumors?

Yay! Great news! Great quote! I'm excited to see the results of that work next season.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Bloody brilliant news!!
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Great news! Glad he had a change of heart. Here's hoping that he gets/is healthy and is ready to make a big-time impact next year.

Suddenly, the frontcourt looks potentially imposing again.

The average blood pressure of members of this site just went down 50pts.
    Great news !

Hazzah! I'm sure everyone takes back everything they said about the way the Duke program is terrible and falling apart.

In all seriousness, this is great news. Bolden has a lot of potential in spite of his struggles during his freshman season. He has the potential to be a great player at Duke. He's about the same size as Jahlil Okafor. Alongside the also quite large Wendell Carter, Jr., Duke may be able to overwhelm teams with size next season. The frontcourt depth now includes Vrankovic, Bolden, DeLaurier, and Carter. That's a good mix of players, each providing a different skillset. All I have to say is GET IN THE WEIGHT ROOM BECAUSE DUKE BASKETBALL NEVER STOPS!

This IS great news. I was feeling a little edgy about all the off-season changes. Here's hoping the big guy can stay healthy and make his mark next season!!!

It was time for some good news.

Well, that's awesome.

"You have choosen ... Wisely!"

You Mr. Bolden have immense potential, certain athletic and skill gifts that are just screaming to be honed and polished. With the support you have in place, the determination and work ethic, the sky is the limit. You can be one of the best big men in the country, and eventually a great NBA career too.

Carpe Diem!

"Adam Rowe. Paging Mr. Adam Rowe. You're wanted in the Explanation Room"

Did he ever leave?
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

I'm extremely happy to hear that Marques is returning to Duke next season. I wish him the best.

Great news. I know the potential is there, now we can see it next year! Smart move, Marques..

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    "Adam Rowe. Paging Mr. Adam Rowe. You're wanted in the Explanation Room"
    It is possible that Rowe was correct as of last night and that Bolden just had a change of heart and/or guidance from someone close to him. It is also possible that Rowe was just too trigger-happy last night. We may never know. But I am glad we got some good news! Hoping for more good news in the coming weeks.

Great news!

I think Marques will have a big year next year (assuming good health, of course). He and Carter give Duke a lot of size down low. Hope K and the rest of the coaching staff develop a defensive scheme that allows the two of them on the floor together for extended periods.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Great news! Glad he had a change of heart. Here's hoping that he gets/is healthy and is ready to make a big-time impact next year.

Suddenly, the frontcourt looks potentially imposing again.
    Bolden: "Despite rumors about my future that have circulated in recent days."

Is there actually any valid evidence that he was thinking otherwise?

Go Big !!! I'd like to see Cater and Bolden with hopefully Knox on the court at the same time