Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Duke Baseball

Three-run bottom of the sixth puts Duke up 4-2 heading to the seventh.

Bottom of sixth 4-2 Duke

Into the next round with 4-3 win. How is that setup?

Great news! Thanks for the updates, everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Into the next round with 4-3 win. How is that setup?
    Duke wins Pool D ...

The Devils will play the winner of Pool A Saturday at 1 p.m. in the tournament semifinals.

So far in Pool A, FSU has beaten Notre Dame. Louisville, the top seed in the tournament, plays Notre Dame tonight. The pool winner is likely to be determined in Friday's FSU-Louisville winner.

To win the tournament, Duke has to beat the Pool A winner Saturday, then beat the Pool B/C winner Sunday in the title game.

So halfway there!

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Duke wins Pool D ...

The Devils will play the winner of Pool A Saturday at 1 p.m. in the tournament semifinals.

So far in Pool A, FSU has beaten Notre Dame. Louisville, the top seed in the tournament, plays Notre Dame tonight. The pool winner is likely to be determined in Friday's FSU-Louisville winner.

To win the tournament, Duke has to beat the Pool A winner Saturday, then beat the Pool B/C winner Sunday in the title game.

So halfway there!
    Actually, the winner of the FSU-Louisville game will win Pool A, regardless of the outcome of tonight's game.

Quote Originally Posted by dpslaw View Post
    Actually, the winner of the FSU-Louisville game will win Pool A, regardless of the outcome of tonight's game.
    Good catch, since FSU beat Notre Dame Wednesday. Louisville is the higher seed, but if FSU wins Friday, they are 2-0 in the pool. Even if Louisville loses to Notre Dame tonight, they still win the pool by beating FSU -- all three teams would be 1-1 in the poll and Louisville, the top seed, would advance.

If it's Duke-Louisville -- when the two teams met several weeks ago in Louisville, Duke won the opener. Lost a heartbreaker in the second game, then were blown out 10-0 in the third game. Duke didn't play FSU this year, so a semifinal matchup would be the first meeting.

With the two wins, Duke got to 30 wins on the season --they are now 30-27 and guaranteed a winning season.

Congrats on the win yesterday guys! You guys looked like the better team to me. Hope you can do enough in the ACC tournament to sneak into the NCAA tourney. You've got some serious wins this year and could do some damage in NCAAs.

I think UVA will still be a regional host but we definitely won't be a national seed.

Thanks Moss.

It's looking like we'll play FSU tomorrow at 1. They lead Louisville 6-2 in the 9th.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

FSU 6 - Louisville 2 in the 9th. If holds, we play a good, not great FSU. Then with a win may play an OK but not great Miami/State team if one of these can beat the cheats. That path to ACC championship is not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Thanks Moss.

It's looking like we'll play FSU tomorrow at 1. They lead Louisville 6-2 in the 9th.
    I thought being the top seed in each pod was supposed to be a good thing? haha

#6 Miami, #8 FSU and #9 Duke have all advanced to the semis so far.

I'm kinda glad FSU beat UofL.

I can wear my Duke gear to the game tomorrow afternoon and be a homer.

And not get garbage chucked at me through pick-up truck windows, like, you know, every Tuesday, on my way to work...

The game time has been changed to noon Saturday.

Fun in Louisville

Anybody in town for the game who might want suggestions for fun, local food and stuff, hit me up...

Down 2-0 top of 3rd. FSU pitcher dealing, 5 k's. Hope another comeback a la Clemson is in the cards.

Who'd a thunk we'd be watching baseball this weekend instead of lacrosse?

Quote Originally Posted by dpslaw View Post
    Who'd a thunk we'd be watching baseball this weekend instead of lacrosse?
    Was hoping for both! Been on the golf course. Final score? LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Was hoping for both! Been on the golf course. Final score? LGD GTHc!
    Rain delay. FSU 5, Duke 0 in Top 7th Inning.
    Bob Green

FSU 5 The Good Guys 1

I snuck into the player section and talked to some of the Miami and <GAG>ChapelCheats. The Hurricanes weren't very personable but surprisingly, even in my Blue Devil gear, the Tar Heels were! I congratulated them on their basketball natty and then asked how, if at all, the ongoing NCAA investigation was impacting their life as potential plaintiffs.

"Well Coach sure does scrub over the courses a lot more now." One quipped.

They all laughed.

I left...

How close is Duke to making the nationals? Not this year, obviously, but in the future? Not terribly far I think. Moving in the proper direction it seems!!!