Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: uncCheat vs UK

Quote Originally Posted by Dukelogger View Post
    I don't hate Maye for the very reason you mentioned above, and I'm aware I will always have a biased opinion, so I ask this to get honest feedback...Did Luke Maye not travel on that last shot? Looks like he took three, maybe four, steps to get set?
    He was getting his feet set before he got the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziggazoomba View Post
    ...and that has nothing to do with whether he traveled or not.

That said, no ref on earth is ever going to call that...well except for me. I don't think UNC would ever get to hold the ball for longer than 10s before I found somehting to call them on, unfortunately no one is hiring me to work UNC's games.

maybe now UNC fans will stop complaining that Seth Curry traveled during the comeback that culminated in Austin Rivers...

...probably not though.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziggazoomba View Post
    looks like he set his feet then decided to slide his foot and hop back. then front foot replants. In any case, they didn't call it and not going to get called on a last second shot. But I'm pretty sure he walked.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    look, y'all know i'm HATER LEVEL: JEDI MASTER, but you've gotta release the hate and give this team some props...all these kids came to unc when the dark cloud of cheater was hanging over them...they committed, played hard and now, they're in the mix...

i hate the program, but, i don't hate these players...

GO COCKS!!!
    Interesting. I have a very different take on this. First, UNCheat should be punished. All wins for which players were made eligible by fake classes should be vacated in all sports (that will wipe out the 2005 and probably the 2009 teams). But there should be punishments going forward as well: post season bans, losses of scholarships, etc. People often say that it's not fair to punish the current players for the sins of the past but in this case we have players that have come to play at UNC knowing full well that the the program was dirty for 20+ years. They chose to come anyway and the hammer should drop and if they get hammered, it was their choice.

Until they are punished properly for decades of cheating, every thing they do is illegitimate in my book. Tarnished Heels all the way. Shame and damnation on them all 9F.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Interesting. I have a very different take on this. First, UNCheat should be punished. All wins for which players were made eligible by fake classes should be vacated in all sports (that will wipe out the 2005 and probably the 2009 teams). But there should be punishments going forward as well: post season bans, losses of scholarships, etc. People often say that it's not fair to punish the current players for the sins of the past but in this case we have players that have come to play at UNC knowing full well that the the program was dirty for 20+ years. They chose to come anyway and the hammer should drop and if they get hammered, it was their choice.

Until they are punished properly for decades of cheating, every thing they do is illegitimate in my book. Tarnished Heels all the way. Shame and damnation on them all 9F.
    Not to mention the reason those kids went to UNC is because of the success UNC has had from cheating since 1988.

I find it amazing, I have an Oregon sweatshirt in my closet...waiting for just this occassion.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    I find it amazing, I have an Oregon sweatshirt in my closet...waiting for just this occassion.
    It is amazing that you have an Oregon sweatshirt in your closet. It probably sits next to your State gear that you put away after the first day of the ACC tournament. Go Heels!

Post on a UCLA Message Board

"Why is UNC even in the tournament? How long have they been under investigation? It is a mockery that the university responsible for the most egregious cheating scandal ever is still eligible for a championship (any championship) and some may say even allowed to play at all. Are the "powers that be" going to drag this out so long so that everyone will just forget about it, or perhaps they are waiting for everyone with any knowledge or memory of North Carolina's shabbiness to just die off? This is two years now that UNC (the cheating-est school ever) has been allowed to continue to make money and "job" the system. Maybe they should just let Williams win his title so he can retire and we can rid ourselves of his presence”

SoCal

I think Jackson walked on the cherry pick layup, too, though not add egregiously as the South Carolina player did in the earlier game.

All water under the bridge by now, so it doesn't much matter.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    "Why is UNC even in the tournament? How long have they been under investigation? It is a mockery that the university responsible for the most egregious cheating scandal ever is still eligible for a championship (any championship) and some may say even allowed to play at all. Are the "powers that be" going to drag this out so long so that everyone will just forget about it, or perhaps they are waiting for everyone with any knowledge or memory of North Carolina's shabbiness to just die off? This is two years now that UNC (the cheating-est school ever) has been allowed to continue to make money and "job" the system. Maybe they should just let Williams win his title so he can retire and we can rid ourselves of his presence”

SoCal
    This is really well said and echo's my sentiments. The fact that the media continues to give them a pass is disgusting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    "Maybe they should just let Williams win his title so he can retire and we can rid ourselves of his presence”

SoCal
    He might be setting up for that ride into the sunset if he wins next Monday night. CBS had one of those obligatory soft feature stories it runs during the tournament in which Roy and several of his grandchildren walked with the ducks at the Peabody Hotel (which the narrator noted repeated the duck walk Roy took when UNC played in the South Regional in Memphis during their 2009 title run). Roy was walking with a cane. Given the recurring statements about his loss of close friends and his own health issues I could see Roy emulating Dean and suddenly saying he is done without a long goodbye tour.

Until then I am glad at least one NY Post writer decided not to ignore the scandal in order to avoid diminishing anyone's enjoyment of the tournament.

Jim Nantz’s NCAA whitewashing enables scandal and disgrace

[Jim] Nantz knows Roy Williams’ success at North Carolina — including two national titles — to some great extent was predicated on sustained, as in at least 15 years, academic fraud, including no-show classes for his basketball recruits that guaranteed A’s and B’s...

Yet Nantz not only avoided mention of this colossal, enabling scandal, he spoke of Williams as if he’s a beloved Eagle Scouts leader.

http://nypost.com/2017/03/27/jim-nan...-and-disgrace/

Bonus points for the writer then going on to attack Calipari

Laettner's Tweet

I don't know if this is for real, but it did crack me up. Got to give it to Laettner for taking the opportunity to gig Kentucky even if it did come at the cost of a UNC win.

Capture.JPG

This is why I hate UK more than UNC

https://vimeo.com/210359968

https://www.facebook.com/pg/rooferees/reviews/

Thousands of Kentucky fans have mobilized against John Higgins, one of the officials for the UNC/UK game.

Higgins is a business owner in addition to his gig as an NCAA official; he runs a residential and commercial roofing business.

UK fans are so upset at him, that they have gone to Facebook, Yelp, and other sites en masse to give this man's business 1 star reviews out of spite. UNC may cheat, and they may not have a shred of integrity, but UK fans are still the most unreasonable, illogical, and spiteful fans in college sports. (And I know way too many of them for my own good)

I thought we got hosed by the officials even worse than UK in our game vs South Carolina, but I'd never go this far. This is just ridiculous.
    Last edited by kAzE; 03-28-2017 at 12:01 PM.