Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    So apparently LaVar wants $3 Billion from the major athletic companies for his Big Baller Brand license because "3 B's"

That's some serious market pricing research right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    So 250K est. revenue minus expenses. Then pappa's cut of any profit and so, what, does Lonzo have to pay his dad the shortfall in expected windfall from his NBA salary?
    Moreover, starting a business takes investment. Lavar doesn't seem to have any money. I doubt that any bank or investment entity would have anything to do with him. So, maybe Alonzo gets to fund his Dad's company.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Moreover, starting a business takes investment. Lavar doesn't seem to have any money. I doubt that any bank or investment entity would have anything to do with him. So, maybe Alonzo gets to fund his Dad's company.
    I'm deadly serious in suggesting that Lonzo better keep a close eye on his money. I could easily see his self-annointed "genius" of a father taking big loans (from Lonzo) to do god knows what without Lonzo ever seeing a dime in return.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I'm deadly serious in suggesting that Lonzo better keep a close eye on his money. I could easily see his self-annointed "genius" of a father taking big loans (from Lonzo) to do god knows what without Lonzo ever seeing a dime in return.
    In that case would he be a Lonzo mourning ?
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    So apparently LaVar wants $3 Billion from the major athletic companies for his Big Baller Brand license because "3 B's"
    I'm going to start a crowd funding project to raise $3B and offer it to LaVar to go live out his days in a hut in Kyrgystan. One without a postal address, roads to or from, phone, cell service, or internet access. If everyone on the planet pitches in $1, we could make the world a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
    I'm going to start a crowd funding project to raise $3B and offer it to LaVar to go live out his days in a hut in Kyrgystan. One without a postal address, roads to or from, phone, cell service, or internet access. If everyone on the planet pitches in $1, we could make the world a better place.
    Tell you what. Raise the money, pay it to me and I will guarantee that he will withdraw from the spotlight. 😂

Could everyone please just ignore this buffoon? He has done nothing to merit our attention. Let's just stop sticking a microphone in front of him and instead focus on the basketball talents of his son. He is clearly an attention-seeking, narcissistic grandstander with no grasp of reality. I feel horrible for his children and I think that potentially being drafted by the Lakers could be the worst thing that could happen to Ball, as he needs to move far, far away from his father. If he ends up with the Lakers, hopefully Magic and Walton will help him seek intense psychological counseling, hire a good lawyer to protect his soon-to-be significant assets from his father, and in general extricate himself from this train wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    In that case would he be a Lonzo mourning ?
    Can't spork you, but very funny!
    "I don't like them when they are eating my azaleas or rhododendrons or pansies." - Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by gam7 View Post
    Can't spork you, but very funny!
    He's (Ball's dad) like that crazy guy on the corner who screams to himself and anyone who passes by and makes eye contact.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Could everyone please just ignore this buffoon? . . , , He is clearly an attention-seeking, narcissistic grandstander with no grasp of reality.
    I refuse to bite! It's off-topic.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    ...this thread is proof that whatever his father is doing, it's working.

Duke has zero interest in the Balls. Duke has zero interest in UCLA. Yet we have 7 pages dedicated to the Balls. Hate on LaVar all you want, but whatever he's doing works.
    How much is Lavar Ball and his merch company making per page?

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    How much is Lavar Ball and his merch company making per page?
    Probably more than you think. The genius of LaVar is that he's getting free marketing for his Big Baller Brand. Will this all backfire? Maybe. But give the guy credit for doing zero conventional marketing and already selling plenty of hats, shirts, and maybe even a few shoes.

Don't underestimate UCLA fans, Laker fans, and fans who wear BBB "ironically".

I think LaVar will crash and burn, but he's getting EVERYONE to talk about him.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

That family stinks reality TV.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

It shouldn't matter to me, but I can't help hoping the Lakers pass on Lonzo, just so LaVar is disappointed. Let him go watch games in Philadelphia, Phoenix, or Sacramento.

Couple of new viral videos making the rounds. LaMelo Ball, LaVar's youngest son, apparently had an epic disaster of a performance in an AAU game, which his team lost by 52 points.

Did I mention that LaVar is the team's organizer and coach? And the team's name is...the Big Ballers. Of course.

See LaMelo's "highlights" here: http://duke.247sports.com/Bolt/Watch...viral-52939187

And here's a snippet from Lavar's halftime speech (the kid to Lavar's right, wearing #7, looks like he'd rather be anywhere but there): http://duke.247sports.com/Bolt/Watch...-help-52930448
    "I swear Roy must redeem extra timeouts at McDonald's the day after the game for free hamburgers." --Posted on InsideCarolina, 2/18/2015

LaVar reminds me of the guy that made lots of money smashing watermelons. Only LaVar will not be so lucky !

Don't Miss This -- Only $59.95!

You can get a custom Lavar Ball autographed trading card from eBay for $59.95. Read this.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

This is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    You can get a custom Lavar Ball autographed trading card from eBay for $59.95. Read this.
    There are only 200 of the cards and they sell for $60 each. That's total revenue of $12,000. I am betting Leaf (the card company that paid Ball) paid him $1000 to do this.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod Drain View Post
    This is hilarious.

Holy #!%^! That is incredibly funny. To me, it shows that Lavar and Lonzo know just what they are doing.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?