Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA and PB&J

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    I hit on what I'm about to tell you later in life, but it's become important to me... The modified diagonal is sort of like Sinatra wearing his hat at just a bit of an angle, but not too much.
    And then again, there's the old "cram the spoon into the jar and push it into your face" jauntiness. I like that one.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by oldphikap View Post
    well, i am a man of letters.
    a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q e s t u v w x y z

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q e s t u v w x y z
    Did a pirate steal your Arrrrrrrrrr?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Did a pirate steal your Arrrrrrrrrr?
    You said that you were a man of letters...😂😎

I hit on what I'm about to tell you later in life, but it's become important to me: I don't like diagonally cut if you mean corner to corner, and I also don't like the straight up-and-down-perfectly-parallel-to-the-side-edge cut, either. Rather, the optimal is a modified diagonal. Start at midline point on the top and move left about 60%-70% of the way towards the far left edge and start there, and then finish your cut on the bottom, about 70% of the way toward the right edge. Maybe it's just in my mind, but I feel it provides the optimal angle for biting for every bite. There's no "too small" edge like the point of a "true diagonal" cut. Yet there are angles to get at the sandwich half, unlike with the "straight half" cut. The modified diagonal is sort of like Sinatra wearing his hat at just a bit of an angle, but not too much.
    Just tested this method with a piece of cheese toast. Not bad... not bad at all.

jacone is really tearing it up tonight! Cheese toast in the house!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    jacone is really tearing it up tonight! Cheese toast in the house!
    Cheese toast for me tonight, too, accompanying a bowl of homemade chicken vegetable soup. Colby/cheddar blend, 12 grain bread, uncut. No mayo, banana, mustard or jelly. Two slices of bread remain. Thinking it's a PB&J lunch tomorrow.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

ok...my gift to you all...

when i was a kid, i HATED bananas...(still do) but when my mom was fixing PB and banana samiches, i was getting left out, so she invented the PB&P...PINEAPPLE...

i know it SOUNDS weird, but she used the pineapple circles instead of the banana ....

just try it...

note...she also made pineapple pudding instead of banana pudding....it was awesome too...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Hotel continental breakfast: single-serve peanut butter and single-serve strawberry jelly on a hot toasted bagel. The way the peanut butter melts and fills the cracks and crevices of the bagel. Drippy and messy. Better than any PB&J that I've ever had between two slices of bread.
    Because of this thread and my above post in it, I ate a PB&J bagel this morning. I forgot to mention that the bagel should be wheat (whole or honey). You can do it with cinnamon raisin, but I don't think it improves the taste. Also, as you spread the peanut butter on its half of the bagel, use the butterknife to stab some grooves into the bagel half so that the peanut butter infuses the bagel and adds depth to it.

By the way, you should do the same thing with bagels and cream cheese. Just having an open-faced layer of bagel and a layer of fluffy spread on top makes no sense when you bite in. Integrate them.

Thankfully(???), no one has linked to any of the various peanut butter and jelly songs...

I've never had a Pb and j....

Jelly is just so awful tasting to me, I don't want it in my mouth.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    I've never had a Pb and j...

Jelly is just so awful tasting to me, I don't want it in my mouth.
    Get some good preserves of your favorite fruit. It will change your world.

Get some good preserves of your favorite fruit. It will change your world.
    Not a fan of any jelly or preserves. My dad and grandparents even made their own. I just don't like em.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Not a fan of any jelly or preserves. My dad and grandparents even made their own. I just don't like em.
    Ovaltine, perhaps?

Ovaltine, perhaps?
    Oh, here we go. I actually love Ovaltine. It's got to be some kind of midwestern thing.

As long as no one talks about Vegemite...

I love PB&J, with either smooth or crunchy. Ex only liked amooth, SO likes crunchy. I'm happy either way. I've always liked Peter Pan best, Jif the least, and the SO buys Skippy. Whatever. When we have bagels in the house, I'll have it on one of those, ESPECIALLY the cinnamon raisin bagels. Usually have the bread (or bagel) toasted, but not toasted is fine as long as the bread is fresh. Like strawberry jam better than grape jelly, unless I'm in the mood for grape. Other flavors are OK too - SO makes her own preserves - peach, blueberry, strawberry and others, and they are all good!

I also like to put a slice of American Cheese, preferably Velveeta, in with the PB&J. Don't knock it if you haven't tried it.

Let me end this post with this thought....
    GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL! 9F!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

And now my gift to the board... grilled PB&J. Yes, grilled like a grilled cheese. Try orange marmalade with the PB. Also, almond butter and banana is a good combo. I only learned of this concept about a year ago and I have only made it three times b/c it's just too evil.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Difference between jelly, jam, marmalade, and others:

https://www.mrswages.com/the-differe...-fruit-butter/

When my mom made it, we always called it "peach jelly." Maybe it was a jam? Probably jelly. I had the job of taking the peach slices and feeding them through the hand-cranked grinder with thick metal "blades" and the goop would push through the other side and into a bowl. The grinder had suction cups to stick to the countertop, but had to be affixed close enough to the edge because the crank handle hung down below the counter, and I'd invariably bang my knuckles into the counter's edge working the crank. The entire, huge kitchen would be overtaken with peaches. Lots of cooking or boiling, massive pots on the stove, big cups of sugar being poured in. This would be July or August, with the back door open. And then the memory of the following winter, with homemade biscuits fresh from the oven, with some butter and that jelly ... I hope my kids' memories of Indian takeout bring them equal warmth.
    Last edited by Reilly; 03-26-2017 at 04:24 PM.

Difference between jelly, jam, marmalade, and others:

https://www.mrswages.com/the-differe...-fruit-butter/

When my mom made it, we always called it "peach jelly." Maybe it was a jam? Probably jelly. I had the job of taking the peach slices and feeding them through the hand-cranked grinder with thick metal "blades" and the goop would push through the other side and into a bowl. The grinder had suction cups to stick to the countertop, but had to be affixed close enough to the edge because the crank handle hung down below the counter, and I'd invariably bang my knuckles into the counter's edge working the crank. The entire, huge kitchen would be overtaken with peaches. Lots of cooking or boiling, massive pots on the stove, big cups of sugar being poured in. This would be July or August, with the back door open. And then the memory of the following winter, with homemade biscuits fresh from the oven, with some butter and that jelly ... I hope my kids' memories of Indian takeout bring them equal warmth.
    Did you walk two miles to school - uphill both ways? 😂😋😎