Thread: Damages

Damages

I for one am very excited for the finale next Tuesday. While very far fetched I have been very entertained every week.

I think it's been the best show on TV, certainly the best drama, this season. It's so tense I almost can't stand to watch, but I also can't turn away. Kudos to the writers, producers, and actors.

Rose Byrne is super cute.

I agree, but its intensity gets confusing in all of the chronological jumping around. If you want time travel, try Journeyman.

for anyone who has not been keeping up with the series there will be a marathon starting at 8 am sat morning.

I like the chronological confusion.

Somebody give me a summary to-date, would ya?
    I just can't seem to keep track of this show very well lately.

Thanks!!

what were thoughts on the finale?

**********SPOILERS BELOW********

I thought it was pretty good. I assume Frobisher wanted to keep the land to rebuild his fortune - was there any other significance to that land that I missed?

The other bit that is confusing me - the crooked cop who was working for Frobisher said that they went to Ellen and David's apartment to look for the tape, didnt find it, and then went to Patty's where they ran into some trouble. What was the trouble if it was Patty that tried to have Ellen killed?

Finally - what was the significance of David going back to the apartment, and then his parents bringing it up? That little bit didnt seem to serve any purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    what were thoughts on the finale?

I thought it was pretty good. I assume Frobisher wanted to keep the land to rebuild his fortune - was there any other significance to that land that I missed?

The other bit that is confusing me - the crooked cop who was working for Frobisher said that they went to Ellen and David's apartment to look for the tape, didnt find it, and then went to Patty's where they ran into some trouble. What was the trouble if it was Patty that tried to have Ellen killed?

Finally - what was the significance of David going back to the apartment, and then his parents bringing it up? That little bit didnt seem to serve any purpose.
    There shouldn't be a need to hide the spoilier at this point. I think the "trouble" the goons found in Patty's apartment was a dead body. They were about to go in just as a bloody Ellen was running out of the building. The place probably hadn't been cleaned up yet.

I think you're right about Frob and the land.

I'm not sure I know what you're referring to about David and his parents. I don't remember that.

thanks - thats what i figured.

The bit with David - when he came back to the apartment when Ellen was there (second to last episode) and told her that she never saw him and not tell anyone, and then in the finale cutting the apple with his parents in the kitchen they questioned him - he said he came to get his laptop, asked if he was a suspect then walked off.

I wonder if there will be a season two focusing on Ellen working for the feds/Patty.

Very glad I got into this show on the ground level.

did anyone watch this season? I was teetering on the show until the final episode, and was really surprised. I thought it was a great ending.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

anyone watching the current season? just like the first two seasons, I find myself glued to each episode.

I'm watching but I think it's lost the punch.

I'm more intrigued by how bad Glenn Close's hair looks than the goofy plot.
    And the Tobin son, with that wispy, dull voice makes me want to smack him.

I think Tom is looking forward to getting off the show!

Its a new series, and again, I am glued to the TV. Its no longer as good as it once was (although this season is certainly off to a better start than last), but I still really like the way the story is told. This season is only on DirecTV and isnt coming to cable, if anyone was wondering where it went.