Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Well, on the bright side, at least we didn't lose like Wisconsin did.
    to be fair, a bit of karma for how they got the game to OT in the first place
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    to be fair, a bit of karma for how they got the game to OT in the first place
    The game would've been well out of reach if Nigel Hayes hit a few more free throws in OT. They put up a stat that Wiscy was ranked 300+ in the country in free throw percentage. Always the first thing to bite you come tourney time.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I was thinking about this last night. Over my years as a Duke fan (since the mid-'80's), I don't believe we've ever lost an ACC or NCAA tourney game to a buzzer beater. We've won a few obviously, and we've lost a few of those during the season, but I can't recall one that knocked us out of a tournament. That's pretty damn lucky, if you ask me.
    2010 was dang close

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I was thinking about this last night. Over my years as a Duke fan (since the mid-'80's), I don't believe we've ever lost an ACC or NCAA tourney game to a buzzer beater. We've won a few obviously, and we've lost a few of those during the season, but I can't recall one that knocked us out of a tournament. That's pretty damn lucky, if you ask me.
    I consider Eric Maynor's bucket in the 07 tourney a buzzer beater.

My first post since the loss because the sting is still prevalent. Part of the reason I love the tournament is also why I hate it, single elimination. We win 70+% of the games we would play against SC but they caught us on a bad night. We win in a series but lose on any given night.

It seems to be all or nothing the last few years. We either leave early or win it all. With that said, let's go Xavier. Gthc! It's championship or bust for all the blue bloods.

Quote Originally Posted by Brockt10 View Post
    My first post since the loss because the sting is still prevalent. Part of the reason I love the tournament is also why I hate it, single elimination. We win 70+% of the games we would play against SC but they caught us on a bad night. We win in a series but lose on any given night.

It seems to be all or nothing the last few years. We either leave early or win it all. With that said, let's go Xavier. Gthc! It's championship or bust for all the blue bloods.
    Can't agree that we would win 70% of the games against SC. They outplayed us and their style and energy would give us fits again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    Can't agree that we would win 70% of the games against SC. They outplayed us and their style and energy would give us fits again and again.
    Yeah the cocks played tremendous defense all year but the difference in the tournament has been their ability to make shots. If they continue shoot well they are a legit top 4 team imo

I think in a series we win more than we lose against them. I think there is a bit of a shock in playing them for the first time. Knowing what was coming, having the chance to take a step back and make adjustments, their shooting reverting to the mean and us having more talent would likely win out over a series of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Utley View Post
    I think in a series we win more than we lose against them. I think there is a bit of a shock in playing them for the first time. Knowing what was coming, having the chance to take a step back and make adjustments, their shooting reverting to the mean and us having more talent would likely win out over a series of games.
    I agree with this, because we have the best coach of all time, but they are playing out of their minds right now. I do NOT think we would have beaten Baylor by 20. We hadn't beaten anybody in the top 25 by anything close that margin. SC came into the tournament with the reputation of an elite defensive team, but right now, they are playing elite offense as well. We were not capable of doing that on both ends this year.