Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    My first questions:

1. How much actual text does it contain?
    1A. How much White Out was consumed in completing their response?

We should be buying BIC stock each time one of these documents is prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    After re-reading my post, I realized I need another coffee...
    two funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Rams Club didn't spend $18M denying reality only to let Bubba roll over now.
    Well stated.

In for a penny. In for a pound. Or in for 18 million..In for ...

Dan Kane and Ted Tatos are busy men at this moment

Should be interesting reading Blue Devil Digest tonight along with waiting for PackMan97's summary of PackPride's individual/collective reactions, too.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by BLPOG View Post
    After re-reading my post, I realized I need another coffee...
    No knead for that.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Fitting response since it is National Wine Day. They must have had a student-athlete put the day on the calendar and he spelled it with an H, making it National Whine Day. No wonder they released their response today.
    Now we can call it National Whine Day.

This is all fake news being peddled by the biased media and Mark Emmert

"A challenge for this Panel will be to make a decision on the record and to avoid being influenced by media reports, commentary from various sources (including Mark Emmert, the President of the NCAA) and the investigative reports that reviewed these matters from perspectives unrelated to whether there have been NCAA rules violations.”

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/unc/article152613909.html

How I wish the COI would make a huge (six foot by six foot) copy of the unc memo which declared that the courses involved NO homework, No classes, No tests, etc, for display during the hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    How I wish the COI would make a huge (six foot by six foot) copy of the unc memo which declared that the courses involved NO homework, No classes, No tests, etc, for display during the hearing.
    Perhaps we should all chip in here and send the money to PackPride so they could make that banner.

Predicting what the NCAA will do is as fruitless as trying to predict which way the squirrel will turn in front of your car.
    But if they accept the argument that because non athletes could get into these classes they're perfectly OK, then every school
    in the country would have a license to create an entire slate of completely bogus courses to keep athletes eligible, as long as some non athletes are admitted.
    Not sure they'll want to do that.

blank

Predicting what the NCAA will do is as fruitless as trying to predict which way the squirrel will turn in front of your car.
    But if they accept the argument that because non athletes could get into these classes they're perfectly OK, then every school
    in the country would have a license to create an entire slate of completely bogus courses to keep athletes eligible, as long as some non athletes are admitted.
    Well, except for that pesky accreditation issue.

Except in the Florida State case, they did NOT accept the argument that the phony class (and at FSU, it was just one class) was also used by ordinary students.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    Well, except for that pesky accreditation issue.
    Then, it's an athletic issue, not an academic issue. Nothing to see here.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by dukebluesincebirth View Post
    It's up. 102 pages.
    102 pages? Which tutor wrote it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    102 pages? Which tutor wrote it?
    Bigger question: Who over there can READ the damn thing?

But if they accept the argument that because non athletes could get into these classes they're perfectly OK, then every school in the country would have a license to create an entire slate of completely bogus courses to keep athletes eligible, as long as some non athletes are admitted.
    Said differently, they will have endorsed the scheme. It certainly appears the non-athletes were allowed into the classes so this very defense could be used one day if necessary. Despicable.

Oh, and I like how they took the opportunity to delineate between active and former athletes. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by martydoesntfoul View Post
    Said differently, they will have endorsed the scheme. It certainly appears the non-athletes were allowed into the classes so this very defense could be used one day if necessary. Despicable.

Oh, and I like how they took the opportunity to delineate between active and former athletes. Pathetic.
    A small nit, probably meaningless in the grand scheme, but to me it appears that the non-athletes were allowed in to mask the nature of the scheme, internally, and allow it to go semi-hidden from view for longer (i.e., if we have some small fraction of non-athletes, it'll raise fewer red flags from whomever, so we won't need a defense). The fact that the scheme hit the Greek circuit and passed around via word-of-mouth like jungle juice just shows the attempt to contain the number of non-athletes was mostly for naught*.

*Although, the percentage of athletes was still crazy high. It'll be a real treat to see how the distinction between Wainstein percentage & unx percentage of athlete enrollments will play to the COI.