Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Welcome to Duke, Christian Reeves!

Scheyer with another one.

Nobody has ever heard of this guy and then out of the blue he commits just as our game is starting. He's like the guy that sneaks into the club when the bouncer isn't looking

I'm expecting him to have the shooting of Christian Laettner and the strength of Bryant Reeves.

Welcome to the party, pal !!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Love this type of signing!

Promising developmental 7 footer...love it!

Welcome to Duke, Christian!

Duke loves high pedigree high school programs.

Looks like he will redshirt in 2022 and plan to join the team officially in 2023, alongside his HS teammate, Caleb Foster. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    Looks like he will redshirt in 2022 and plan to join the team officially in 2023, alongside his HS teammate, Caleb Foster. Nice!
    Is there a link to this?

Quote Originally Posted by dukelion View Post
    Is there a link to this?
    https://www.on3.com/college/duke-blu...mmits-to-duke/

-jk

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    I see this as the IDEAL capstone to Jon’s first class: a guy who is at worst an Antonio Vrankovic deep bench big (we could’ve used someone like him tonight with Theo out) and has the potential to develop into something more if he sticks around. And with Foster coming, it certainly seems like he should be here to develop for at least a couple years.

We too easily forget we have 13 scholarships to use in the era of OAD and K’s tight rotation. We’re a deeper, more stable team if we’re using those scholarships, and Reeves is a great way to do that. I’m pumped.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by dukelion View Post
    Is there a link to this?
    Thanks for the article - good read.

He also retweeted DukeUpdate an hour ago who stated he'd be redshirting. So, that's pretty current and seems nothing has changed.

Welcome Christian!

Wasn’t Chris Reeves actually Superman?

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilYouKnow View Post
    Wasn’t Chris Reeves actually Superman?
    George Reeves was The Superman of ‘50s TV. Christopher Reeve was the star of the four movies in the late ‘70s/early ‘80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Thanks for the article - good read.

He also retweeted DukeUpdate an hour ago who stated he'd be redshirting. So, that's pretty current and seems nothing has changed.

Welcome Christian!
    When did Oak Hill move from Virginia to Charlotte? Not sure that's true, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    With Nolan, Quinn, Foster, Reeves, and probably a bunch of other recruits, I believe Oak Hill moved to Durham
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Good catch. I am pretty sure that is just a mistake by the person who wrote the article. Reeves is from the Charlotte area. He attended Cannon School in Concord the past three years, but he transferred to Oak Hill for his senior year. My guess is that the author meant to reference the fact that he was from Charlotte and bumbled it.

Interesting that we got him. No mention of UNC. Great to get a young man from Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by 53n206 View Post
    Interesting that we got him. No mention of UNC. Great to get a young man from Carolina.
    He said he grew up a UNC fan, but then went to a Duke game and loved Duke ever since. He might not have been heavily recruited by bigger-name schools, but that’s fine by me. It would be great to add a 4 year player! He had a few other offers, but was hoping for a Duke offer (which apparently was extended on Monday, altho he seemed to have a clue that it was coming.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    He said he grew up a UNC fan, but then went to a Duke game and loved Duke ever since. He might not have been heavily recruited by bigger-name schools, but that’s fine by me. It would be great to add a 4 year player! He had a few other offers, but was hoping for a Duke offer (which apparently was extended on Monday, altho he seemed to have a clue that it was coming.)
    Maybe he also went to see a game at the BoreDome an decided to follow real action rather than chase whine & cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    George Reeves was The Superman of ‘50s TV. Christopher Reeve was the star of the four movies in the late ‘70s/early ‘80s.
    C'mon, that's close enough for a sports pun!

Observer story

Nice story in the Fayetteville Observer on Reeves: https://www.fayobserver.com/story/sp...rt/7371520001/